What made you smile today? [2020]

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
I woke up feeling shit, did stuff anyway (while stupidly angry for some reason). But I did it! I didnt let my stupid brain win.

• 1Like
Reactions: BeautifulSniper

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I woke up feeling shit, did stuff anyway (while stupidly angry for some reason). But I did it! I didnt let my stupid brain win.
Same here. I was very sick yesterday afternoon, but ended up getting over most of it overnight. I didn't get much sleep. I still feel bad and hurt, but I went to work.

• 1Hug
Reactions: Stardust

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I had a good enough day at work. I was actually in a good mood for a change.

Yesterday, I worked five hours because there was nothing left to do and I really, really didn't want to be there. It was good for my mental health. I should be good for a day or two before I want to murder myself, again.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
went to mcdonalds with a bottle of franks hot sauce in my pocket, best maccy d's EVER

Fuck that bland shitty barbecue sauce, gimme some franks.

• 1Like

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I got 2nd in the Draftkings women's tennis 20k for $2,000. I was in the lead at $5,000 right up until the end but Shitbag McFarland ended up beating me by 5 points. Also, this was yesterday so it might not actually qualify for "What Made You Smile Today" but I don't care. Fuck your rules.
tennis.jpg

Scooter

My buddy's mom has been making masks for family and friends. She made two for me. One to wash and one to wear. I honestly don't give a fuck about wearing a mask but she made 'em for me and goddammit, I'm gonna wear a mask! Stylish as fuck, yo.

• 1Beer
  • 1Aww
Reactions: BRiT and BeautifulSniper

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
It will not be long before (if not already) we start seeing people wearing face masks with silly mouths printed on them. Anyone want to start a business?

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
For years I have been saying that it is stupid to tie health insurance to your job. Like you must be healthy enough to work a full time job to deserve health care. Where is the logic in that? What if you cannot work because you are sick? We do not depend on our employers for other types of insurance. Recently, both Seth Meyers and John Oliver have alluded to this stupidity, so I am glad that this issue may finally come into greater public discussion.

Years ago, my former therapist told me the reason employers in the USA began offering health insurance was a result of World War II. During that time when so many people were fighting the war, companies had a hard time finding workers. They began luring employees from other companies by offering more pay, so Congress passed a law to freeze wages. However, they left a glaring loophole by not freezing benefits. So employees began offering health insurance to entice workers. Unfortunately, this remnant of World War II is still with us today. As beneficial as the Affordable Care Act has been to millions of Americans, it has further deepened employers' roles to providing health insurance. I agree with Bernie Sanders that this nation needs government funded universal healthcare, but I also know that it will not happen over night or without compromise. It will need to be done in steps and the federal government will probably have to buy out the health insurance companies.

• 1Like

Scooter

Free Pizza!

They bought us pizza for a boxed lunch yesterday - two slices of pizza and a piece of cheesecake. This morning, there were two shopping carts full of pizza boxes and another shopping cart with cheesecake in the meat cooler. YAY! Pizza for breakfast!

I walked into the meat cooler midmorning and my manager was licking his fingers and had cheesecake on his face. He was having a snack. He had one piece and it was so good, he had to have another. LOL

• 1Like

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I was taking a walk around the park yesterday, and an ice cream truck pulled up. I bought a bowl of Superman ice cream. :laugh: It was red, blue, and yellow all mixed together. Tasted so good.

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
Premium
Wow, my hospital here in Sac must be feeling the burn, they have been giving us freebie meals the last few days, yesterday it was a fully loaded Burgers and Brew meal, (without the brew..it was a soda instead), altho I usually get fed by the nurses and Doctors it was good to have something extra for the bus ride home.

• 1Like