WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

what makes an ipod worth it?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Ok at my school the Ipod's are the "in" thing and i just dont understand what makes them worth anywhere from 200 for the ipod mini's to 350 for the ipod's that have a color screen and all.
I suppose my question for you guys, if anyone has one, which im sure there must be some people on this site. What makes them worth the money?

tzedek

Original Member
you cant tell me you dont neeed 50,000 songs in your pocket all the time...

swizeguy

How dare you!?
tzedek said:
you cant tell me you dont neeed 50,000 songs in your pocket all the time...
haha yeah but common that much?

bockscar

failamanjaro
I have an iPod mini and I carry that mofo around everywhere. I needed something that could hold practically my whole cd collection, so I looked into something in the 4GB range. If you want something that can hold that much music, that seems to be worth a pretty penny. I only know like two other people who have an iPod. I dont wear it out where you can see it, so as for it being a fad, I am not the dude to comment about that. The sound clarity of an iPod (which also depends on headphones) is just amazing man. I spent nearly as much on my headphones as I did on the iPod itself. I just like music man and there is something to be said for carrying around what used to take a briefcase full of cd's in something the size of a pack of cigarrettes. I like mine and wouldnt trade it or any other type mp3 player. Maybe that's sick, but that's the way it is. =x

Bad Kharma said:
I have an iPod mini and I carry that mofo around everywhere. I needed something that could hold practically my whole cd collection, so I looked into something in the 4GB range. If you want something that can hold that much music, that seems to be worth a pretty penny. I only know like two other people who have an iPod. I dont wear it out where you can see it, so as for it being a fad, I am not the dude to comment about that. The sound clarity of an iPod (which also depends on headphones) is just amazing man. I spent nearly as much on my headphones as I did on the iPod itself. I just like music man and there is something to be said for carrying around what used to take a briefcase full of cd's in something the size of a pack of cigarrettes. I like mine and wouldnt trade it or any other type mp3 player. Maybe that's sick, but that's the way it is. =x

I don't have an ipod but I do have a Dell DJ. Being able to carry around all of your music is just fucking awesome. And with the DJ (i dont know about the ipod) you can play it through any stereo too.

Music :thumbsup: :D

bockscar

failamanjaro
Rock on man, that's what I am talking about. Rock on. :thumbsup:

cviller

Fresh Meat
ipod

i think ipods r great! but recently people have been having a few problems with them. like their library just suddenly disapears and sometimes it wont even turn on. im gonna buy one but not until apple fixs shit

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
ipods are certainly worth it to apple. at least if your enough of a sucker to sign up for thier music download service... cost you like 10 grand to download enough songs to fill the fagmachine up... i just never got into the whole mp3 player thing.. i play mp3's on my computer.. i listen to cd's in my car... i dont know if there is even 10,000 songs i like... I should listen to more music perhaps.. oh well...

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
i am seriosly looking into getting one............it would make life so much easier

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Our culture is so sad. You dont need one, you only want one because you see a bijillion advertisments daily telling you that you have to have one, that your not cool unless you buy one.

bockscar

failamanjaro
dustinzgirl said:
Our culture is so sad. You dont need one, you only want one because you see a bijillion advertisments daily telling you that you have to have one, that your not cool unless you buy one.
I agree with that on many levels. No one really "needs" one I suppose. Yes, the advertisements are now reaching propostoruous levels and it does get annoying. The thing that really irks me is the signature models as in the U2 iPod that costs more (I think) than a regular 3rd generation iPod with the same amount of features. That just blows my mind. As for the whole being cool thing, I never really felt that I wouldn't be cool if I didnt have one. Not being cool has never been a real problem for me, I am used to it. I am sure you are right about some other iPod owners, I have no doubts. When the fad passes, I will still have my iPod loaded with "not so cool" music, I think that's the difference. Just my two cents though.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I have a Dell mp3 player (shoutout to Brokenand DustinzGirl), and I love it. I don't need it, but it sure is nice. I am very glad that I have it, because when I just had a CD player I'd get lazy and listen to the same album for like a month, because I would never change it. Now I have 80+ albums at my fingertips, and I don't get into musical ruts like I used to.

:thumbsup: Mp3 players, if you're like me, are worth it.

lulltula

Fresh Meat
Becoming one of the social elite! At my school, theres been a sudden swarm of people getting iPods. minis, 20GBs, 40GBs, tis insane. a 13 year old i know who doesnt get any pocket money just keeps asking me if i know how she can get some money, just so she can get an iPod
I have to agree though, with a pair of decent headphones, they DO have good sound quality.
I love music. I listen to it every possible momment of the day. However, i find it annoying to have SOOOOOOOO much music in one thing. which is why i have a minidisc player. All i have to do is put in a new disc and i have a new selection of music. Probably makes me a bit weird :p

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
who cares? you get one ther woopie there you go.

Infidel

The Militia
swizeguy said:
Ok at my school the Ipod's are the "in" thing and i just dont understand what makes them worth anywhere from 200 for the ipod mini's to 350 for the ipod's that have a color screen and all.
I suppose my question for you guys, if anyone has one, which im sure there must be some people on this site. What makes them worth the money?
I wouldn't get one. I am cheap asshole who has 45 speed vnyl records at my house.

You can record answers, notes, curriculum on the iPod, as I have heard it done. Use that on tests, semester exams.

Other then that, I see no reason to get such that piece of shit as I would end up dropping it and breaking it 5 minutes after I got it.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Infidel said:
Other then that, I see no reason to get such that piece of shit as I would end up dropping it and breaking it 5 minutes after I got it.
well i have hurd that the things are quite strong and dont break that easy.
But i can understand wanting the music in the small space. I mean like one of the members said i get lazy with the cd player and end up listening to the same cd for way too long.
I have a little mp3 player but the thing doesnt hold any more then a regular cd and everytime i wanna change that i gotta hook the darn thing up to my computer.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I dont even know why this is an issue....is it because of the brand? or are you nay-sayers opposed to the whole portable mp3 thing as a whole? I think its a fucking awesome idea.

I have one but it isn't realy worth it unless you want to spend $300 on something. You can get an mp3 player for like $50 and its just as good

navydoc

Newb with a brain
I have a Ipod Video and I carry it everywhere I go. You can broadcast it over a radio to anybody else with a radio, or hook it up to a TV and pick from over 50 full length movies all in a machine the size of a playing card (obviously a little bit thicker) It's literally a party in my pants.