WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What Should Be Done?

I have recently been wondering what we should do to deter rapists, should we make it a mandatory 25 years for a convicted rapist to serve or should there be even harsher punishments? Should castration be a punishment for rape? Of course that would have grave consequences if the person turned out to not be the rapist, what would happen then?

I think there should be a mandatory twenty five year sentence for all convicted rapists, thirty five for those who rape children. But I thiink that castration of rapists would be a bad idea because you'd get some innocent people castrated once in a while.

What do you think?

Big E

burner of random shit
I think castration is a good idea if they have hard evidence against the person or if they are repeat offenders

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I think that since there isn't mandatory sentancing for murder in many states, it would turn all rapists into murderers. Might was well kill the woman, since I could get less time. It's disgusting to think like a criminal, but it's true.

There is nothing you can do to deter rape. Even mandatory death would not stem the tide. What we need to do is to stop demonizing Sex in the USA, and make prostitution legal. Cheap and disease free Sex would help deter rape more than threatening castration would. There will always be sickos, but this would help keep the borderline ones away from it.

If the USA was more open about sex, then it would be easier to talk about sex crimes for many victims who never prosecute. This is a tough fucking thing IHTFCC. What if YOU went on a date, it went well, she gave you head and fucked the stuffings out of you, then for some reason, she decided you didn't deserve all that and then calls the cops claiming rape. You get convicted. You want to get castrated and go to jail for 25 years? You think the justice system is perfect? I know 2 friends who BARELY beat exactly those kinds of raps, so it happens more than you think.

Prevention is worth more than making mandatory sentances.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
I say when it comes to the chomos rapists and murderers nothing can slow them. But let's kill them publicly anyway. I think we should bring back Gladiators (the real roman shit). Air it on NBC Teusdays so something intresting will be on for me to watch. And you can't tell me you wouldn't enjoy these fucks dying! Especially the chomos! Maybe then it will slow the rise of these fuckers down.

Either that or torture. Ever hear of Devil's Island? Of course you have! Two more great ways to handle these shitheads.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
This is like one of a lot of senarios that does not have a clear cut solution. I believe that there should, of course, be strict punishment but i think that repeat offenders should def. be locked up for a long, long time. I hate even the idea of it. Its sick. I have a close friend that only managed to escape being rapped because someone came by and scared the guy off. Its scary but i dont believe that a punishment will really deter to many people. Rape usually isnt a planned thing (or atleast i would hope not) so usually people wouldnt be thinking about punishments.

So what would acutally deter someone from doing that, from doing any horrid thing like that?

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
Well if your an eye for an eye kind of person, perhaps put them in a small room with a large innmate, who has a liking for doing it dry and let him sandpaper fuck his ass till he thinks of sex as the last thing he would ever do...

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Castration. End of the problem right there. Prevention? Just the thought of being castrated is enough to stop any man.
And if it's a woman? Well, why would any man complain about having sex with a woman?
Seriously though, can anyone think of a good female-counterpart to male castration as a punishment for sexual offense (not just rape, but ANY sexual offense, kinda hard to have any sort of sexual experience with NO genetalia.)

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
OmegaZeto said:
Castration. End of the problem right there. Prevention? Just the thought of being castrated is enough to stop any man.
And if it's a woman? Well, why would any man complain about having sex with a woman?
Seriously though, can anyone think of a good female-counterpart to male castration as a punishment for sexual offense (not just rape, but ANY sexual offense, kinda hard to have any sort of sexual experience with NO genetalia.)
I dunno. Sew'em up and give them a cathetar?

OmegaZeto said:
Just the thought of being castrated is enough to stop any man.
Rape is clearly not something people do with any kind of thought.

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
The general thought among psychiatrist is that rape is more about domination and violence than it is about the sex. Many rapists still have the desire to rape even when castrated.

What we need to do is require all women to take some kind of self-defense course, a course in shooting and handling guns and a place to practice. Then give them concealed carry permits and a good conceal carry weapon. The number of violent rapes would go down and the number of people who are innocent but get convicted of rape would go down.

Date rape is a whole different story.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
TheLampIncident said:
Rape is clearly not something people do with any kind of thought.
Wrong. Rape is something that BEGINS with a thought. Everything a human being does begins with a thought. If rape did require "any kind of thought", it would be completely automatic, regardless of your morality or beliefs, and every single person in the world would be doing it.
Think about what you type there, big boy.

Castrating EVERY rapist as mandatory punishment along with any other crap we throw at them would cause a shift in the entire culture of the nation. Currently our culture is about letting sex offenders go free, hoping they'll "reform" and become safe. Even after multiple convictions, many of these people just keep on truckin'. Castration would remove the problem in a very basic way: Since they obviously don't care about right or wrong, and they're going to want to do it anyway, removing the basic ability to act on those impulses cuts the problem off.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Hmmmmm....

Maybe we should have a dating service and set them up with each other. That way, rapists can date other rapists and leave everyone else alone.

or

Set up RA meetings across the country "Rapists Anonymous" and provide a support group for their neurosis.

OmegaZeto said:
Think about what you type there, big boy.
Maybe you should realize that not everyone thinks the same way as you do and not everyone acts the same way either instead of just blindly declaring people wrong all the time.

"Inspired", my ass.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
TheLampIncident said:
Maybe you should realize that not everyone thinks the same way as you do and not everyone acts the same way either instead of just blindly declaring people wrong all the time.

"Inspired", my ass.
Your ass is inspired? Sounds like a personal problem. Another problem you might want to look at is that you are taking the interwebz a little too seriously. If I took this shit seriously, I'd make every effort to appear a perfect gentleman, never offending or insulting anyone, for fear that my reputation might be ruined.
Obviously, you've got some trouble grasping this. Or maybe you ARE just "goofy".

Sex between consenting people is completely different than rape. As was posted earlier most paychatrists believe that rape is more about violence and domination..and many times people who have a compulsion to dominate others are actually insecure or feel inferior.

I would rather get them the mental help they need while keeping them away from society.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
curliestalicia said:
As was posted earlier most paychatrists believe that rape is more about violence and domination..
Hahaha, talk about a Freudian slip... Both "pay" and "chat" in the same typo of the word Psychiatrist.

Mr. Sandman

acidum arsenici
who is Jiraffe dude who said we should go back to the roman days have public torture and cast it on NBC tuesdays? LOL wtf is wrong with you? are you f**ing insane? There should be no mandatory sentence for rape. They just need to stop demoralizing sex in the U.S.

OmegaZeto said:
Hahaha, talk about a Freudian slip... Both "pay" and "chat" in the same typo of the word Psychiatrist.
I knew I should have studied home row better..:D

And while Freud may be an entertaining read most of his theories are not being currently accepted.

Mr. Sandman said:
There should be no mandatory sentence for rape. They just need to stop demoralizing sex in the U.S.
Rape and sex are polar opposites..And the demoralization of sex only counts if mature persons accept that sex is wrong. One can accept social concepts on healthy activity as "wrong" if they wish or they can grow up and live in the real world.

What type of Rape are we talking about here?

Date Rape <--which is cried when 'Susie' finds out the guy she thought she was in love with was just trying to get a piece of ass.

Statutory Rape <--- when 'Susie's dad finds out she had sex with her 18 year old boyfriend.

Deviant Rape <--When the sadistic fuck that was molested by his mom decides he is going to take out his frustrations on YOU while you are jogging through the park.

The latter being an action comitted by someone that has mental issue.

Nothing will deter the action. You can put people on hormones, give them all types of therapy but as long as there is a society where people like to FUCK, then there will be sick mofo's that like to take advantage of their overdriven libido.

We must be proactive instead of reactive. Be ready to kick some ass if and when the time comes that you need to defend yourself.