WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What the fuck is with the french?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Lost Frenchman survives 35 days on wood, clay
48-year-old described as ‘weak’ after ordeal in southern France

Reuters
Updated: 6:10 a.m. ET Jan. 23, 2005

PARIS - A Frenchman lost in a labyrinth of disused mushroom caves said he had survived 35 days by eating rotten wood and clay, after being rescued only thanks to a teachers’ strike.

Jean-Luc Josuat-Verges, 48, told French newspapers he had gone to the deserted caves at Madiran in the Pyrenees in December seeking isolation during a spell of depression which had left him considering suicide.

While wandering through the cave network the father-of-two’s flashlight stopped working, and he was unable to find his way out.

His abandoned car was found 35 days later by three children who were not at school because their teachers were on strike. The children alerted police who rescued Josuat-Verges from the caves. French media said he had lost 40 pounds and was “weak.”

Copyright 2005 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6858012/?GT1=6065

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
_Kitana_ said:

Yeah, he's such an idiot for surviving and all.

Americans never do anything stupid, right?

Let's all give ourselves a big hand for NOT being French.

This goes down as one of your most stupid, pointless posts, and that's saying something...

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I wasn't saying anything bad about the french VOR wooooo calm down.

couldn't think of a title thought it was werid that some guy gets depressed and wanders into a cave and gets lost for 36 days.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
wow, i think its awesome that he could survive for 35 days on only clay and wood... thats insane.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
voiceofreason said:

Yeah, he's such an idiot for surviving and all.

Americans never do anything stupid, right?

Let's all give ourselves a big hand for NOT being French.

This goes down as one of your most stupid, pointless posts, and that's saying something...
This is the Issues forum. A forum that you are very familiar with,kiddo.
Flames are not permitted here. Strike one.

Two more and you're planting cocks, junior.

Carry on.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
I wasn't saying anything bad about the french VOR wooooo calm down.
I was being sarcastic. (I really am French though.) Did you miss the flag with the crying frog?

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
junglizm said:
I was being sarcastic. (I really am French though.) Did you miss the flag with the crying frog?

Uhh... I think she was talking to that other guy who was ranting... VoiceOfReason or whatever..

blw72887

Just a poster
I just can't believe someone would do such a thing, but I am impressed that he was able to survive that long.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Do you hate France or everyone that speaks french

cause I speak French..And I love it

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
tbsrk said:
wow, i think its awesome that he could survive for 35 days on only clay and wood... thats insane.
Oh geez! I'm sensing one of these fad diets coming on.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
MaxPower said:
Oh geez! I'm sensing one of these fad diets coming on.
Hah! I'm up for it! I've done a 3 day Slim-Jim only diet, and it was difficult, because they started tasting like shit.

You in Max?

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Slim jims huh? I just want to let you know, they are Not a stick form Slimfast. Reshad at the 7-11 just played you man.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
brainwashmonkey said:
Sarcasm is lost upon you, isn't it?
I guess so... But I feel like a black guy in a room full of rednecks telling ****** jokes

On the other hand, I don't give a shit... people are like that