WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines what the hell is up with gas prices!?!

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
why in the hell do gas prices have to be so high?!?! i remember a few years ago when it was .75 cents!! and now they are looking at it getting to $3.00 during this summer!? and there is not much we can do about it but bitch since we need to drive to where we need to go most of the time anyway. how about instead of paying billions of dollars to help other countries, we use it for our own......... the way it SHOULD be! use it to buy more oil or do more drilling. make the prices go back down to a nice normal amount. am i the only one that feels this way?

Shaggy2Dope94

My axe is my buddy
BigTexMarine25 said:
why in the hell do gas prices have to be so high?!?! i remember a few years ago when it was .75 cents!! and now they are looking at it getting to $3.00 during this summer!? and there is not much we can do about it but bitch since we need to drive to where we need to go most of the time anyway. how about instead of paying billions of dollars to help other countries, we use it for our own......... the way it SHOULD be! use it to buy more oil or do more drilling. make the prices go back down to a nice normal amount. am i the only one that feels this way?

yea they need to spend billions of dollars on this country

Oil is a thing of the past. We need to get rid of those gas slurping cars. Public Transportation Baby!

Zoso

Zappafied
its just like the problem we were having in the 70's. too much gas is being used. everday i drive less than 2 min to school and can lose count of how many Excursions, Explorers, Durangos, and Suburbans i see. These guys get really sucky gas mileage, and on top of that, families of 2 and 3 people are buying these enourmous gas-hogs. its becoming more of a symbol of stature than of need. if americans would stop using so much freakin gas then the prices would go down. until then, we are screwing ourselves. as for myself, i am content filling up once a week in my 32 mpg honda civic...

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
I never thought i would see the day when $1.90 was cheap

Easty

Click click boom
behold my fellow wtf ranters!

i, Eastside, shall develop the first piss powered vehicle!!!

then again, its nice to dream.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
they need to spend some of the money that they waste on other countries and use it on ours to find better means of fuel...... why not methane? want that talked about before? need to make sure that the fuel is something that we cant possibly ever run out of...... such as the piss fuel that was stated. or a crap fuel, that would be where to get the methane from.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
Zoso said:
its just like the problem we were having in the 70's. too much gas is being used. everday i drive less than 2 min to school and can lose count of how many Excursions, Explorers, Durangos, and Suburbans i see. These guys get really sucky gas mileage, and on top of that, families of 2 and 3 people are buying these enourmous gas-hogs. its becoming more of a symbol of stature than of need. if americans would stop using so much freakin gas then the prices would go down. until then, we are screwing ourselves. as for myself, i am content filling up once a week in my 32 mpg honda civic...
not to pick on you or anything, but you say that too much gas is being used. how is it helping when you drive your car to get to school when it is only less than 2 minutes away? wouldnt a bike be more efficient? that is part of the gas problem, people using cars to get to places that their legs or a bike could. God forbid someone has to exert SOME physical effort.

bnccoder

Postaholic
They have a water powered car but no good portable source of energy for it.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
but you know that there has to be so many oil derricks that are not even being used that could be used to help bring down the cost. aparently the US has oil in reserves that is more than enough to help out. use some of it. i think that this is a good time to start using the reserves

Pumping up that oil would require more energy then they can produce.

Zoso

Zappafied
BigTexMarine25 said:
not to pick on you or anything, but you say that too much gas is being used. how is it helping when you drive your car to get to school when it is only less than 2 minutes away? wouldnt a bike be more efficient? that is part of the gas problem, people using cars to get to places that their legs or a bike could. God forbid someone has to exert SOME physical effort.

touche'... good point. i leave strait from school to work which is about 6 miles away. but i see where u are coming from and agree with u.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
well the 6 miles to work is a little more justifiable then. since you arent just going from home to school and back. and although it may take more energy to drill the oil, it would still be cheaper than paying other countries for their oil, shipping it here, etc. plus, if we pay to drill for our own oil, we know that the money is statying here and helping our economy. if we pay others for their oil, it would be bettering their economy and hurting ours. plus who knows where their money goes......... terrorist funding? i would rather keep the money here in the good ole' U S of A!

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Wasn't there a big explosion in America? With some oil company..

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
BigTexMarine25 said:
not that i am aware of. when did this supposedly happen?
Not to long ago, saw it on the news (Sweden). Was a big explosion that made the gas prices to get raised fast as hell :thumbsdn:

Dad's work pay the gas we buy (personally too) :thumbsup:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
my complaints:

one reason they are so high is the taxes they slap on gas. i forget when they decided to do this (it was under FDR i believe) the idea WAS you use the money to build roads so more poeple want to drive, with more people driving the more money you get and etc. etc. unfortunately this killed public transportation

my second beef comes with the use of oil. i have a friend (my friends dad, but he is cool) who is a professor at princeton. i dont know anything about fusion, but he teaches about that and they do make energy with some fusion technology. he has told me that all you need to do is make more of htese things and you can make electricity for peoples homes instead of using oil because oil is finite. also a shocking thing is that because of something like this the oil companies actually pay people to stop doing research with fusion so that oil is the prime source of electricity.

Zoso

Zappafied
MrNewbie said:
Not to long ago, saw it on the news (Sweden). Was a big explosion that made the gas prices to get raised fast as hell :thumbsdn:

Dad's work pay the gas we buy (personally too) :thumbsup:

all over the world they said that USA's gas prices would go up but later, after the explosion, CNN ran a report saying that they would not go up. guess its b/c the US complains the most about it...

Boycott

Soul Doubt
Zoso said:
all over the world they said that USA's gas prices would go up but later, after the explosion, CNN ran a report saying that they would not go up. guess its b/c the US complains the most about it...

Funny how news of the US travels around the world. Here in Canada we could care less what America is doing and how much money they're spending. I never heard of no explosion. Stupid CNN. Stupid America. Too corporate :mad: