WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music what type(s) of music do you like?

Jung

???
Premium
ok i'm hoping this won't turn into a flame war "you're a moron that shit sucks" etc etc type thing. but what type(s) of music do you like? what musical instrument, if any do you play? i mostly listen to drum and bass/jungle and breakbeats, but i love punk, ska, hardocre, raggae, ragga, hip hop and by hip hop i don't mean rap, but lyrically intelligent hip hop. definately not the stuff you see on mtv or the top 10 picks. i also play drums and dj/produce said electronic music. anyone interested in hearing some i'd be more than happy to hook it up.

No one wants to hear that tired old, "your music is lame, *insert your preference of music here* sucks!!!"
Opinions are opinions, and that's why this forum was created. Just for people to express how they feel about the bullshit. True, if you dislike my kind of music, it's your opinion, but i really don't want to fucking hear it. Think of something original. I'd rather here about how the music you listen to fuckin effects who you are. And how other people are.
If you don't like my opinion, on everyone's opinion (damn how many times can i say opinion) then come up with something a little better than rock sucks, (or rap, or whatever your preference may be) All this shit and these opinions are posted here to make you think. Not to make you lash out in a childish clash of furious typing that ends up with the words "your momma."
So if anyone decides to rag on someone's taste in music, due to this thread, please do it tastefully.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HavokGuy said:
No one wants to hear that tired old, "your music is lame, *insert your preference of music here* sucks!!!"
Opinions are opinions, and that's why this forum was created. Just for people to express how they feel about the bullshit. True, if you dislike my kind of music, it's your opinion, but i really don't want to fucking hear it. Think of something original. I'd rather here about how the music you listen to fuckin effects who you are. And how other people are.
If you don't like my opinion, on everyone's opinion (damn how many times can i say opinion) then come up with something a little better than rock sucks, (or rap, or whatever your preference may be) All this shit and these opinions are posted here to make you think. Not to make you lash out in a childish clash of furious typing that ends up with the words "your momma."
So if anyone decides to rag on someone's taste in music, due to this thread, please do it tastefully.
Don't be a downer... haha :thumbsup:

I pretty much like every type of music (yes, trance). Right now on my playlist I've got Lil' John and The Eastside Boys, Victor Wooten, Zwan, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Long Winters, Twista, PPK, B.U.P., Praga Kahn, Dirty Vegas, West Side Connection, Social Distortion, Bad Boys, and a lod of other crap I'm too lazy to list.

Some music tastes not expressed here: Country (I'm ashamed to admit it, but some country came with my mp3 player, and I love it), Classical, Old Rock/Punk (like Ramones, etc), and Jazz.

Yeah, I like it all. I'm pretty easy going in most areas of life... (just not my website :thumbsup: )

Oh, and I'd love to hear some of your stuff, Sir Anti-trance. I always like to be able to put a personality with music.

Jung

???
Premium
NoSubstance said:
Oh, and I'd love to hear some of your stuff, Sir Anti-trance. I always like to be able to put a personality with music.
i'm not anti trance, it's just a funny picture. personally ii don't like trance or house, because i find the best very repetetive. i've played ddrums for 8 years, so i'm inclined too precussion ie breaks and drum n bass/jungle. i'm uploading a mix for you, i'll edit or repost when it's done.

edit: here's a studio mix for you, it's mostly drum and bass with a few jungle tracks:
Studio_Session_2-181_BPM_Kru.mp3

I play guitar...

I like Classic Rock (Hendrix, Eagles, etc.). I really like Pink Floyd, which I guess is kind of Progressive Rock. In terms of Metal, I like Ozzy and especially Metallica. Lately, though, I have been listening to some Progressive Metal. Dream Theater is really cool. I appreciate some Classical music as well...I really like some Bach, Vivaldi, and a few others.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
when I am in my car... I listen to sports talk radio.. I'm not really into music.. but if there is a boring show on, or a game I am not interested in... I tune into classic rock or just rock stations...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Big round ones. Oh, no, wait. That's hooters.

I like all kinds of rock from Southern rock to metal, and many other types of music all together; from Scottish bagpipes to classical.

FUBAR

Jean Jacket Tough Guy
im into a fairly wide variety, classic rock to hardcore, really into metal and metal...and metal...and hardcore...and metal...yea

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ack... I'd love to download your music, but I've got 56k... sorry :thumbsdn:

junglizm said:
ok i'm hoping this won't turn into a flame war "you're a moron that shit sucks" etc etc type thing. but what type(s) of music do you like? what musical instrument, if any do you play? i mostly listen to drum and bass/jungle and breakbeats, but i love punk, ska, hardocre, raggae, ragga, hip hop and by hip hop i don't mean rap, but lyrically intelligent hip hop. definately not the stuff you see on mtv or the top 10 picks. i also play drums and dj/produce said electronic music. anyone interested in hearing some i'd be more than happy to hook it up.
i already made a fucking thread about this damnit! check in my previous threads post

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
CuddleMuffin said:
Well you all know what I listen to just by my aviator. Rock all the way baby!
Aviator? Don't they fly planes?

:thumbsup:

I don't really like SlipKnot... although I do like some heavy stuff, I'm way in to much... easier music.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
NoSubstance said:
Aviator? Don't they fly planes?

:thumbsup:

I don't really like SlipKnot... although I do like some heavy stuff, I'm way in to much... easier music.
thier knew one is much better. you should listen to it if you get the chance. plus, stone sour is fucking awesome, like slipnot only better.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheGunslinger85 said:
I play guitar...

I like Classic Rock (Hendrix, Eagles, etc.). I really like Pink Floyd, which I guess is kind of Progressive Rock. In terms of Metal, I like Ozzy and especially Metallica. Lately, though, I have been listening to some Progressive Metal. Dream Theater is really cool. I appreciate some Classical music as well...I really like some Bach, Vivaldi, and a few others.
I like dream theater! I was forced to listen to them a couple of times, and now I actually like them. Like ICP, I fucking hated them, then I listened to them (cuz CL forced me too LOL) and now I like them, but not to listen to all the time.

dustinzgirl said:
I like dream theater! I was forced to listen to them a couple of times, and now I actually like them. Like ICP, I fucking hated them, then I listened to them (cuz CL forced me too LOL) and now I like them, but not to listen to all the time.

Yeah...I would think guitar players and drummers would be their prime audience. As a guitar player, they are really the first band that made me listen to the drums and say, "WOW, that guy rocks."

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
TheGunslinger85 said:
Yeah...I would think guitar players and drummers would be their prime audience. As a guitar player, they are really the first band that made me listen to the drums and say, "WOW, that guy rocks."
http://www.yesiknow.net/lte/

If you liked Dream Theater... Pretty much DT without vocals. I dig it..

John Petrucci is the Guitar player there is only one: He's Amazing!! The keyboard doubles that's the other instrument not a second guitar..

Broken said:
http://www.yesiknow.net/lte/

If you liked Dream Theater... Pretty much DT without vocals. I dig it..

John Petrucci is the Guitar player there is only one: He's Amazing!! The keyboard doubles that's the other instrument not a second guitar..

Yeah, I wasn't implying that there was another guitar player...I was saying that the band would appeal mainly to guitar players and drummers.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Oh Yeah, it's pretty much a musician's band. I hate the singer. The Keyboard and Bass players have changed over the years..Which leaves you with LTE.. lol