Music what type(s) of music do you like?

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
I like a lot of modern hardcore(some call it metalcore), grind, some punk stuff(more towards the powerviolence of the 90s though), but if I hear anything miscellaneous enough I like I'll give it a listen.

I'll say to the above rap debate that happened months ago that the reason I never really liked rap is because it's a very lyrical genre and lyrics just don't interest me. But you know, they interest a lot of people who are put off by the screamy manner of what I like. But I just like it when bands are putting their full energy into their songs, flailing about, killing their vocal cords, etc.

Stardust

stomping through the forest like a tiny dinosaurus
Premium
Hardcore, punk, punk-rock etc etc everything is fine But I like a good headbang/moshpit to fly around in ;)

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
TheLampIncident said:
when bands are putting their full energy into their songs, flailing about, killing their vocal cords, etc.

80's Hair bands! :thumbsup:

They always seem to lift my spirits, I usually burst into laughter. :p

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
ah this post is old but it's here so I'll answer it.. I enjoy any type of music that has musical creativity... (That means no pop)

There are some bands you can't class specifically into a genre because they make their own genre.. Like rage against the machine (revolutionary rap+hardcore?) and primus (progressive leadbass rock?)

I also like tool, lagwagon, outkast(not all songs), cypress hill, metallica(some songs not new shit), red elvises, quo vadis (only hard fucked up metal band I like) and yeah alot of other crap as well.

countrygrl

Highly Excitable
I'll listen to just about anything except for Opera and Rap. They just don't appeal to me.

I have a bunch of Outlaw country cds. Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson. Then there's the blues section with Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kenny Wayne Shepard, BB King. Classic rock with Led Zepplin, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton. I've got a lot of metal CDs, Native American flute music is awesome at times as is native american drums and chants. I've got some hip hop, some scottish bag pipe cds, bluegrass. At times I get into playing some old R&B music, Aretha Franklin, Gladys Knight and the Pips.

All depends on the mood.

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
lets see here... I like classic rock (rolling stones, cheap trick), alternitive(eveanacence), and classicial.

for what I play, well drums, bass, keyboard, percussion (pitched and non-pitched), trumpet, trombone, flute, irish whistle, recorder, and am currently learning the tuba (first lesson march 3rd)

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
I like.....Misfits...to the Nekromantix....To Muse...to Radiohead...to Franz Ferdinand....to happy hardcore music, drum and bass....back to the Dead Kennedys....yeah....wooo! :)

GarnetXero

White Mage
I listen to just about everything, but more often than not you will find me listening to new rock. My favorite band is Linkin Park. I don't care what anybody says about them I have loved them since there first video, One Step Closer, came out. I also love Papa Roach, and I am going to see their concert with Skindred and the F-ups on Monday yay!!!!!!

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
PatticusRex said:
Nekromantix
Good stuff. Do you listen to any other rockabilly/psychobilly?

I haven't listened to much of it lately, though there are plenty of good bands(Reverend Horton Heat, the Meteors, etc.)

Fuck Danielle

Active Observer
I am 100% rock and metal, baby. Yeah, I'm hard...core.

Well, my Favorite Band is definitely Killswitch Engage, with Metallica and Godsmack pulling up a short second. I also love Breaking Benjamin (Any band good enough to play on Halo2 is good enough for me!,) Nickelback (loves Chad Kroeger,) and Soil (love 'em.)

Other honorable mentions: Cradle of Filth, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, Slipknot, Rammstein, Drowning Pool, Black sabbath, Rob Zombie, 36 Crazyfists, aPerfect Circle, Atreyu, Soulfly, Fear Factory, The Used, Linkin Park.

I'm also into punk techno. GORILLAZ!!!! *foams*