WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What was the best MRE you've ever had?

Boycott

Soul Doubt
I think mine would have to be chicken wings... But its so hard to choose the best... I like em crunchy, and hot, but the chicken has to be hot, not the breaded part, and they need to have sauce on them (so not just breaded) ... Its like gourmet wings!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Chicken and dumplings. it was the chicken and vegies with the sauce, then a small bag of flour that you drip water in, and mush around to mix. Then as it cooks you drop lumps of the dough into it. Man, that shit's like home cooking in the woods.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
The only one that I didn't really care for was Beans and Franks.
That shit is butt.

Nothing says Military lovin' like an MRE with some nice crunchy wind blown sand in it. Mmmm.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I never really got the meal portion of an MRE... being in the navy we never had to really use em... mostly we would crack open old ones... by the time I got to them the meals were eaten all that was left was the potato sticks or whatever little side item they had...

not sure

Banned - What an Asshat!
i feel dum

i thought you where talking about the krap yale did to my head then relized that was an mri well ive only got the sphegtti one so thaty one my mo m bouht a years supply when bush was realected

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Tortellini w/red sauce. It even came with the jalapeno cheese spread, instead of peanut butter like 85% of them seem to.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Darklight said:
damn how many military fucks are in here?
i'm not in the military, someone i know stole a bunch of them before they left

additionally, i think you can buy these at surplus stores

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
WizardlyFriend said:
additionally, i think you can buy these at surplus stores
yes but why the fuck would you.... other then hurricain relief.... I mean really there not that good..

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Darklight said:
yes but why the fuck would you.... other then hurricain relief.... I mean really there not that good..
i haven't, but i'm just saying that may be how some of these people might have gotten them

Boycott

Soul Doubt
WizardlyFriend said:
i haven't, but i'm just saying that may be how some of these people might have gotten them
:thumbsup: I went through a phase where all my friends would stay up playing battlefield all night and eating MREs at lan parties in army uniforms

Boycott said:
:thumbsup: I went through a phase where all my friends would stay up playing battlefield all night and eating MREs at lan parties in army uniforms
:haha:
That's....umm....nevermind.

Chicken and Dumplings? Chicken Wings? Where the fuck did you get THOSE?

Corned-beef hash was one of the best.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I guess I'm a simple man, but I liked most of them. I liked the ones with fucking meat in them, hell just a slab like in the old Turkey ones, or the Meatloaf/whatever ones. I usually just woofed it down, and it was ok food. Fuck it, it's just for getting eating over with quickly anyways. I liked several of the desserts you just added water to.

Plus we always had salt/pepper/garlic salt and they make everything better.

Jung

???
Premium
Woodreaux said:
Tortellini w/red sauce. It even came with the jalapeno cheese spread, instead of peanut butter like 85% of them seem to.
Quoted for truth; that shit is relatively good. Although, if you've ever had to eat MREs for an extended time or regularly, you know they all suck. :p

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
The strawberry desert and believe it or not the meat patty things. I dont remember what they were called, but my dad used to bring home tons of MRE's when he went on long fire runs (like, Yellowstone, North Cali, ect).

POInPR!

Dain Bramaged
Chicken wings? Tortellini?... Man I got screwed... The best thing we had was fuckin chili-mac... gimmie some good ol' fashioned ranger pudding any day...