What would you have done?

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
A little over an hour ago, I was leaving the vicinity of about 20 major stores, when someone cut me off, because he made an improper turn. I blew it off, whatever, everyone likes to do that to me. Mr. Asshole is now in front of me. We both went onto the highway... while merging, he cut me off AGAIN, only this time a lot more dangerously. I had to slam on my breaks, then the person behind me had to swirve to miss me. So, I tapped on the horn, like "hey mother fucker, watch it." Well, the horn apparently pissed this guy off immensely. He decided to tailgate me. He was so close I couldn't see his headlights in any of my mirrors. Then, when it was clear, he passed me, cut me off AGAIN, then slammed on his breaks, multiple times, (I was in the left lane on the highway.), while telling me I'm "#1" at least 5 times. Ok, so he wants to play. I move to the middle lane, he moves. I move back to the left, he stays in the middle. During this entire time, he mimicked my speed. He kept his distance, staying only one car length away from me in the middle lane, making hand gestures, (his window was open). Obviously he was waiting for me to speed up so he could cut me off again. He randomly cut me off again and slammed on his breaks. By this time, I was tired of his shit, so I call 911 and bothered them with this bullshit and gave them his license plate, type and color of truck. I hung up my cell phone and noticed he was looking away, instead of staring at me in his right side-view mirror. So I floor it. I was in a Mustang, so it picked up pretty quickly. I was doing about 90 mph before he noticed me passing him. He noticed, picked up to my speed and tried to cut me off again. I had to do 105 mph just to avoid him doing that again. So he picked up and I moved over before he had the chance to cut me off. I tried to exit at the very last second, but Mr. Asshole still had time to do the same. So I make some turns, blah blah blah and run a red light. He follows. I finally lost Mr. Asshole, by reaching the end of a road before he could see which way I turned.
Then I tell my father all of this and all he can say is that I did everything wrong. It doesn't matter Mr. Asshole was slowing down and speeding up when I was. According to him, I should have pulled over on the shoulder, THEN dialed 911. If I would've done that, Mr. Asshole would have too. My father doesn't seem to understand that he was copying my speed the entire fucking time. I can tell him that 9999999 times, that still doesn't matter. I STILL should've pulled over. So, what? So Mr. Asshole could pull out a weapon and shoot me? Or a bat and start beating on the car? Pfffft.

Well, this was long and almost pointless. What would you have done? Make every WRONG move, like I did? :rolleyes:

ThingX

Hoodrat
cut him off give him the finger get in front of him put ur blinker on for next 10 miles just to piss him off mimick his speed and i would have let him follow me and stop and probably get out of the car ask him wtf his problem is and wait for him to throw the frist puch so i could beat the shit out of him and get off on self defense. but thats just me im kinda a violent person exspecially towards dumbass who dont know how to drive or get behind him trun brights on fuck it if i was in a shitty enough vechile and mad enough and didnt mind going to jail just get back enough to hit is bumper to make him spin out. :D but that would never happen lol i dont know i think you handled it pretty well. good job :thumbsup:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
First off mad props and rep for not killing the guy. Next, your father is not right in my opinion. You handled the situation quite well. The only thing you could have done better was to pull over and use a tire iron on his head when he approached you, because you are right, he would have. Seriously though, I think you handled it well, and that guy is ASSHOLE #1 and should spontaneously combust for the good of mankind.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I hate to say this but your father is correct. You did a lot of stuff wrong. Without meaning to you baited him and allowed him to continue risking your life. By passing him at excessive speeds you endangered everyone else's life around you. You started out doing the right thing by letting it go. When he wouldn't you did another right thing by calling the cops. But then you did what most of us would do and played his game.

Recently, a Boise State University football player was involved in a similar situation. Driving his Mustang he tried to pass a GMC truck on a local highway. The truck wouldn't let him pass. One thing led to another and they hit speeds of 100+ miles an hour.

A family of three pulled onto the highway and was struck by the pickup. All 3 were killed. Mom, dad and their 5 week old baby who was safely strapped into her car seat. Dead because two guys couldn't behave like adults.

The football player did what you did. He got in the sights of some asshole on the road and wouldn't back down himself. He was late for work. He didn't start the trouble... but he certainly didn't do anything to stop it either.

Here's one of the stories (It's not great coverage but most local sites require you to register to see their news articles)
Clickity

Jessica43999

Tenderony
I dont know what I would have done, I don'd drive! Anyway... I think you were right for not pulling over, and for calling the cops. The guy was an asshole and deserved to be reported. And, if you pulled over that could have turned really ugly! Dude could have tried to hurt you... Can't be good!

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Just ignore the fucker forever, call the cops, but keep driving like normal. If he crashed into you, whoop dee fucking do, you'll get a new car, and he'll get ticketed.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Good job on calling the cops. It wasn't safe, but was it worth it? Did you piss him off as much as he did you?

Sektor

Particinator
I'd have pulled over, which would, from the sound of things, make him do the same, and beat the fuck out of him.

Not the right thing to do, but I hate when retarded fucks like this guy risk MY life and everyone else's just because he thinks he owns the road.

swizeguy

How dare you!?
Dude sounds like you did about the right thing. I hate people that do that. They are bored and just want to cause some trouble.
Times like that when you really dont know what you even can do. I think you did the right thing. Even though he's just going to go on and do it to another guy. Hopefully one of these times he does it to an unmarked police car or something.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If you pulled over, he would have pulled over, and tried to "settle" it. Nobody wins in a situation like that.

FireAngel

Schmexy
I agree with UberSkippy. But under no circumstances should you pull over in a situation like that. There have been cases of people being shot to death because of road rage.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
tiger_86 said:
I agree with UberSkippy. But under no circumstances should you pull over in a situation like that. There have been cases of people being shot to death because of road rage.

There are cases of people being killed in car accidents too.

In this case YES, you pull over. Call 911, don't hangup and pull the fuck over. If he stops you tell the police that. If he gets out, you tell the cops that and leave.

Driving recklessly because he's driving recklessly isn't the way to deal with road rage. Deal with road rage by not playing his game. When you do things like speed up, try to swap lanes, last ditch exits and such all you're doing is playing his game by his rules. Get his license plate, call the cops and just don't play.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Lost86 said:
A little over an hour ago, I was leaving the vicinity of about 20 major stores, when someone cut me off, because he made an improper turn. I blew it off, whatever, everyone likes to do that to me. Mr. Asshole is now in front of me. We both went onto the highway... while merging, he cut me off AGAIN, only this time a lot more dangerously. I had to slam on my breaks, then the person behind me had to swirve to miss me. So, I tapped on the horn, like "hey mother fucker, watch it." Well, the horn apparently pissed this guy off immensely. He decided to tailgate me. He was so close I couldn't see his headlights in any of my mirrors. Then, when it was clear, he passed me, cut me off AGAIN, then slammed on his breaks, multiple times, (I was in the left lane on the highway.), while telling me I'm "#1" at least 5 times. Ok, so he wants to play. I move to the middle lane, he moves. I move back to the left, he stays in the middle. During this entire time, he mimicked my speed. He kept his distance, staying only one car length away from me in the middle lane, making hand gestures, (his window was open). Obviously he was waiting for me to speed up so he could cut me off again. He randomly cut me off again and slammed on his breaks. By this time, I was tired of his shit, so I call 911 and bothered them with this bullshit and gave them his license plate, type and color of truck. I hung up my cell phone and noticed he was looking away, instead of staring at me in his right side-view mirror. So I floor it. I was in a Mustang, so it picked up pretty quickly. I was doing about 90 mph before he noticed me passing him. He noticed, picked up to my speed and tried to cut me off again. I had to do 105 mph just to avoid him doing that again. So he picked up and I moved over before he had the chance to cut me off. I tried to exit at the very last second, but Mr. Asshole still had time to do the same. So I make some turns, blah blah blah and run a red light. He follows. I finally lost Mr. Asshole, by reaching the end of a road before he could see which way I turned.
Then I tell my father all of this and all he can say is that I did everything wrong. It doesn't matter Mr. Asshole was slowing down and speeding up when I was. According to him, I should have pulled over on the shoulder, THEN dialed 911. If I would've done that, Mr. Asshole would have too. My father doesn't seem to understand that he was copying my speed the entire fucking time. I can tell him that 9999999 times, that still doesn't matter. I STILL should've pulled over. So, what? So Mr. Asshole could pull out a weapon and shoot me? Or a bat and start beating on the car? Pfffft.

Well, this was long and almost pointless. What would you have done? Make every WRONG move, like I did? :rolleyes:

You did it WRONG dumbfuck!!! Egg him on! Way to go!

People are gettin shot here in Cali all due to ROAD RAGE and YES believe it or not you suffer from it to just by pursuing him!

Here dumbshit READ THIS! These are the three freeways I use everyday and assholes like you aren't making it any better!

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
Wow, TwisT. You're an idiot. :thumbsup: The only thing I did was tap my horn. So I pursued him by trying to avoid him? You're a bright one. :thumbsup:

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
Uhhh, you said, you tapped your horn, then changed lanes 97billion times... then sped up... Then tried to outrun him. :thumbsdn:

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Lost86 said:
Wow, TwisT. You're an idiot. :thumbsup: The only thing I did was tap my horn. So I pursued him by trying to avoid him? You're a bright one. :thumbsup:

You fucking moron! Shall I dissect your fucking thread to show how wrong you are! Avoiding him? Speeding past him at 105 mph is avoiding him! Not only are you inviting an ass whoopin you are also endangering others on the road around you jackass! Did you stop and think about that, while you were swerving and playing road tag with some one who is equally as much of a douche bag!

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
partaking in road rage helps get people killed.I would of slowed down, allowed him to pass, once headed I would of slowed down or just pulled over and waited 3 minutes and allowed him to go on his happy merry way.