WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines what would your wish be?

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
here's something to contemplate and speak to your family/friends about-
if you were severely injured, in a coma, a veggie, or otherwise bed ridden and had little or no chance of a normal life (if you ever woke up)...would you want them to pull the plug on you or not? and how long should they wait? a year, two, five?

see related article:
Judge Orders Feeding Tube Removed
A three-week deadline is given in the case of Terri Schiavo, who has been in a vegetative state for 15 years.​

http://http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-schiavo26feb26,1,1609955.story?coll=la-headlines-nation&ctrack=1&cset=true

people are in comas for years...decades even! yeah a small percentage come out of it but then they're fucked for life most of the time w/ multiple health problems. i think it's crazy.
me, i'd want to be done w/ it. give me a year or less (depending on the severity of my condition) but if i require breathing, feeding tubes (external assistance l/t) unplug me!

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
I have given much thought to this subject to be honest with you. I would hope that my family and friends would have enough courage to pull the plug on me. I don't want to be supported by machines. Call me old fashioned, but if I cant get up to pee in a toilet, cut me off. If I need a bedpan and a little button that calls in a nurse to put a spoon of farina in my mouth, cut me off.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
that case is sooo much more complicated than that... I believe we have discussed it b4... as for me..
I wouldn't want to be unplugged...

if they pull the plug... well in this case they are taking out the feeding tube.. not pulling a plug on a breathing machine... which means that this woman will starve/dehydrate to death... that to me is inhumane beyond belief... we treat people that recieve the death peanalty better than that...
were it me... I would rather have a lethal injection...
wheres Jack Kevorkiawhatever when you need him...

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
If I can't pee standing up, gimme the gauge!!! If I were in a vegetable state, I would also hope someone would help me finish the journey. But Dan's right about the feeding tube thing. I wouldn't the feeding tube pulled, I want some Dr. Kevorkian help, instead.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I'd want them to kill me with a lethal injection.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Humane euthanasia via lethal injection should be a legal option for anyone in this situation. I know I wouldn't want to live the rest of my life like that. People should be allowed to keep little cards in their wallets/purses that say "If I suffer severe injury to the point where recovery is unlikely, or my life will be unbearable in the event I DO eventually recover, please end my life with a lethal injection."

Shit if im so fucked up or veggiefied that i cant get on this site then i say pull the plug!

bnccoder

Postaholic
Give me a month then crate me up and plant me.

rcarhar

There goes a clever gent
bnccoder said:
Give me a month then crate me up and plant me.
Yeah. I'd say one or two months. Even if you recovered, I'd imagine you'd have suffering afterwards, and/or have to go through some shitty recouperation stage that may or may not make you normal again. Each situation is unique, though.
As for afterwards, creamate my ass, indefinitely. :)

switch_scribe

dolor ex fides
I say keep me around as long as possible, if upon waking up I'd be normal (normal for me, I mean). If I'd be so fucked up that I'd need help wiping my own ass - I'd rather be dead.

BTW - I'm going to get in trouble for this, but I'm doing it anyway. It's only a coma for the first few days. Then it's a persistent vegetative state.