WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Whats everyones thought of witchcraft?

I here different things and I dont know what to believe and what not to. Is there witchcraft and who can pratice it? I've been practicing wicca for as long as i can remember. I guess its all what you believe. so what does everyone else think? Do you believe, do you practice or do you know someone who practices wicca?

Jung

???
Premium
these guys will lead you into eternal life. (and are about as sensible to believe in.)

ODDDLY

West Coast Birth Life
Wicca? That sounds like some sort of off-shoot from goth... is it, because I have never heard of it.

As for witchcraft, I don't know anybody that practices it. I could never look somebody that does that in the eye.

Jung

???
Premium
timothy leary quotes come to mind. nah i'm not going to post them.

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
Don't care. Not a witch/wiccan myself. I'm cool with the witches and they're cool with me. ;)

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dogbert said:
Wicca? That sounds like some sort of off-shoot from goth... is it, because I have never heard of it.

As for witchcraft, I don't know anybody that practices it. I could never look somebody that does that in the eye.
Poor sucka... :)

Witchcraft is a mainstream name for Wicca, and it is misunderstood to the extreme (worse than communism).

In fact, in Wicca, if you do any sort of spell/enchantment/whatnot to another person without their permission, it is bad for you.

If you do a bad spell on somebody, it comes back to you threefold.

Wicca is meant to bring good luck and good fortune to the person practicing, as well as to unite in Love (as most other religions are INTENDED to do). The bad stereotypes are results of fear and ignorance.

I was introduced to wicca when I was 11. I thought about it for a long time, and researched it, and decided it wasn't for me.

why do people always think of stereo types when it comes to witches or magick? we're people who just have a different belief.

Jung

???
Premium
Sh@dow said:
why do people always think of stereo types when it comes to witches or magick? we're people who just have a different belief.
i'm not stereotyping, i'm curious about your belief and motives of your belief. i just dont' see the whole point of this , or any religion for that matter. maybe you can shed some light on the subject for me.

note: i'm not being sarcastic (imagine that)

p.s. i was under the impression (from your post) that you yourself didn't fully know what to make of it.

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
Sh@dow said:
I here different things and I dont know what to believe and what not to. Is there witchcraft and who can pratice it? I've been practicing wicca for as long as i can remember. I guess its all what you believe. so what does everyone else think? Do you believe, do you practice or do you know someone who practices wicca?

ok I don't know if you ment for this thread to be in B&T or not so i'll be easy lol. :p

1. basicly witchcraft & wicca are the same.....according to the encyclopedia of witches & witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley.

-Wicca.. "An alternate, and often preferred, name for the religion of contemporary Witchcraft."

-Witchcraft.."Belief in witchcraft is universal, but there is no universal definition of "witchcraft".

2. How the fuck you gonna ask "is there witchcraft and who can practice it"
following the statement that you have been "practicing wicca for as long as you can remember."

sorry you had that shit coming :witch: :p lol

try posting in chit chat next time :p most people will rip you a new asshole in here.

from one n00b to another welcome and of course fuck off.. :mfinger:

Clutchtwice said:
ok I don't know if you ment for this thread to be in B&T or not so i'll be easy lol. :p

1. basicly witchcraft & wicca are the same.....according to the encyclopedia of witches & witchcraft by Rosemary Ellen Guiley.

-Wicca.. "An alternate, and often preferred, name for the religion of contemporary Witchcraft."

-Witchcraft.."Belief in witchcraft is universal, but there is no universal definition of "witchcraft".

2. How the fuck you gonna ask "is there witchcraft and who can practice it"
following the statement that you have been "practicing wicca for as long as you can remember."

sorry you had that shit coming :witch: :p lol

try posting in chit chat next time :p most people will rip you a new asshole in here.

from one n00b to another welcome and of course fuck off.. :mfinger:
that welcome's almost 2 months late :)

i ment it for t&b because alot of people do just go around the forums and say "hey theat looks interesting how bout i read it" And the only reason i was saying those things is because alot of people misinterpret what witches are. in school they dont even mention wicca as a religion or a way to live life, but they make sure you know about all the other religions. I have been practicing a long time, but i was born into it i could always go a different way then my mom, but its fun you can learn alot. I just thought i would bring it to anyone who would listens attention that some people think of witches and they think brooms, but then they get pissed at you when you tell them that parts a myth.

oh and Unforgiven I can take what ever you give. You have to remember that my brother is the dea and hes a pain in the ass, but i still have to put up with him and im still alive (wonder why?):mfinger:

Sh@dow said:
oh and Unforgiven I can take what ever you give. You have to remember that my brother is the dea and hes a pain in the ass, but i still have to put up with him and im still alive (wonder why?):mfinger:
all i have to give is this tylenol.

want some?

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Sh@dow said:
I think Wicca needs a Benny Hinn. :thumbsup:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I think it needs a Hari-Kari...
if you wanna believe in whiches.. or witches... which ever is witch... <--Lame).. then you can.. I do have some magik grass/sawdust mixtures to send ya.. I'll post my paypal account l8er so I can receive payment...

~~found my stake.. and lighter fluid... where are those damn matches~~

So, say someone gives you permission to put a spell on them, what sorts of stuff could one with the proper knowledge of wicca do?