WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Whats everyones thought of witchcraft?

swizeguy

How dare you!?
my look on witch craft, like as actually casting spells that work are bogus. I think that if it where real then the world would be a differnt place...
I would say more but now i gotta go beat the shit outta my brother and his damn fucking trumpet!!!!! AHHH THE FUCKING NOISE!

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
paganism is a term created by christianity, before there was christian religion, most forms of religion were pagan, theoretically. including, egyptian, muslim, jewish started as a pagan religion fleeing from egypt.

And the jews really did flee from egypt, that is not a theory, that is history, and it is in the bible.

You know, I am not sure why you seem to constantly push against my ideals.

I hope that when you die, your god, or absence of one, is comforting you.

what in our present history do we look to to define words for us? a dictionary explains what a pagan religion is, it's not hard. paganism may be different from a pagan religion, but i was only making the point of where my definition came from. in reply to the comment that they weren't pagan religions, when in fact they are. it's not so much that i push against your ideals as our ideals simply don't match. comforting is knowing i'm not wasting my life believing in a fairy tale, i trust science not hearsay or blind beliefs. imo i think believing in anything blindly is just naive. would really like to see where all the proff of the ark is. i've yet to ever find proof, but i have seen a lot of talk of theory and opinion. i've read more than one article, i simply didn't post all the articles here. it doesn't matter, religion makes people close thier eyes and mind to truth. i could post fifty articles proving it hasn't happened and certain people would choose to ignore the proof. there has never been any scienticif proof of the arks existence, prove me wrong and i'll admit it. i won't just call you a "fuck tard" from lack of an intelligent retort.

for this threads sake, i have started a new one for this issue: ITT we discuss noahs ark and other issues

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
what in our present history do we look to to define words for us? a dictionary explains what a pagan religion is, it's not hard. paganism may be different from a pagan religion, but i was only making the point of where my definition came from. in reply to the comment that they weren't pagan religions, when in fact they are. it's not so much that i push against your ideals as our ideals simply don't match. comforting is knowing i'm not wasting my life believing in a fairy tale, i trust science not hearsay or blind beliefs. imo i think believing in anything blindly is just naive. would really like to see where all the proff of the ark is. i've yet to ever find proof, but i have seen a lot of talk of theory and opinion. i've read more than one article, i simply didn't post all the articles here. it doesn't matter, religion makes people close thier eyes and mind to truth. i could post fifty articles proving it hasn't happened and certain people would choose to ignore the proof. there has never been any scienticif proof of the arks existence, prove me wrong and i'll admit it. i won't just call you a "fuck tard" from lack of an intelligent retort.

for this threads sake, i have started a new one for this issue: ITT we discuss noahs ark and other issues

If we limit ourselves to scientific explanations only, we create a society devoid of faith and belief. There are many scientific explanations that you and I consider truth today which yesterday were merely quack ideas.

You limit yourself by having science as your god. I expand myself by accepting that there are powers higher than I. That I, nor you, nor science, has the right or intelligence to define all of existence, only the ego to believe that we have create a world of fact. A world of fact limits possiblities, not expands them.

Jung

???
Premium
see there you go assuming things about me. i do believe there is a higher power that created us. i'm just not sure what, and i'm definately not happy with the idea's of organised religion. think about religion, when else are you asked to blindly believe stories and miracles with out being offered any proof. when elese are you made to feel guilty for daring to question these beliefs? in any other situation you'd be considered naive, why is it different with religion? i like some idea's from certain religions, but i've yet to find a religion that i find worth of my time. i believe if you're a good person and do your best you will be fine in the end. i don't need to go to church, worship a tree, cast a spell, light a candle to made me a good person.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
see there you go assuming things about me. i do believe there is a higher power that created us. i'm just not sure what, and i'm definately not happy with the idea's of organised religion. think about religion, when else are you asked to blindly believe stories and miracles with out being offered any proof. when elese are you made to feel guilty for daring to question these beliefs? in any other situation you'd be considered naive, why is it different with religion? i like some idea's from certain religions, but i've yet to find a religion that i find worth of my time. i believe if you're a good person and do your best you will be fine in the end. i don't need to go to church, worship a tree, cast a spell, light a candle to made me a good person.
I am a very unreligious person. I do not go to church, although I have taught sunday school, I do not agree with many organized religions. I believe that the bible is a historical guideline, not a factual rendition. It is not a literal interpretation, or the guy that wrote revelations was on some damn good acid. I believe that the bible was written and left for us to lend light to a path of righteousness. As I have said, I may or may not worship the same God that christianity does. I really dont care if it is.

I know you do not need to worship something to be a good and decent person, but I do believe that faith is an integral part of humanity, that having faith, whether wrought from a frog or a tree or, in my case, an imaginary friend for grown ups, then you give yourself something that no science or organizaed religion can provide. I am a better person now than I was when I had no faith. I spent a very long time in a very dark place, and that power that so many people poop on rescued me from darkness.

I am not the poster child for religion, I drink, I smoke, I cuss, I fuck my boyfriend out of wedlock. But I believe in something other than myself, and I talk to that something, and I feel that something, and it keeps me from death. I call it God.

Also, I am asked to believe many things without proof. That there is an outer space, Ive never been there, have you? That the sun will come up tomarrow. That there is no boogey man. That the government is for the people, by the people.

R

RedOctober

Sorry, but I have read a lot of hoohah!

You didn't even react on what I wrote!

What do Americans they understand about a subject, that has nothing to do with the American history! You even throw away the wisdom of the Native Nations! How idiot can you get?!

Sorry, that was a hard one.
But it was neccessary to give you all a kick under the ass.

As a matter of fact, you aren't even capable of understanding the most simple things in life. Hurricanes all over the place, but you keep building homes. They're not supposed to be there!

The native Americans knew that!

But the white man is a stupid fool!

Heya Heya Heeeeeh...
Heya Heya Heeeeeh...

Dear Lord, protect us from evil, the devil, and Bush!
And the vikings... Amen!

Jung

???
Premium
RedOctober said:
AMERICANS ARE STUPID FOR BEING AMERICANS. THIS IS THE ONLY INTELLIGENT STEREOTYPE EVER. US NETHERLANDERS ARE SMARTER BY DEFAULT OF NOT LIVING IN AMERICA. MY ABILITY TO USE GOOD GRAMMAR AND PARAGRAPH STRUCTURE ONLY PROVE MY INTELLECTUAL INFERIORITY. HAHA I WIN AMERICA, I'VE JUST OWNED YOU ON THE INTERNET WITH MY WITTY WORDS.

DEAR LORD PROTECT US FROM GENIUSES LIKE MYSELF.

P.S. MY CAPS LOOCK KEY IS BROKEN

serious man, you've just proven yourself extremely unintelligent in my eyes.

R

RedOctober

junglizm said:
serious man, you've just proven yourself extremely unintelligent in my eyes.

Well... You smuggled a text in that I did never write!
And it is a pity, that on this subject you don't even understand what the word of a wise man is.

What nation builds a city in a region that will be crushed by a catastrophic earthquake? America!
What nation builds homes in a region where there are hurricanes? America.
What Nation builds a city in the desert? Problems with the supply of water in the long run, salination of the soil, ergo... How to make nature inhabitable..
America
What nation polutes more than any other country in the world? America.

The Native Americans were right, if you kill the land, the birds, the animals, the fish... In the end you are on death row yourself! :witch:

R

RedOctober

For good order:

I NEVER POSTED THIS!

Originally Posted by RedOctober
AMERICANS ARE STUPID FOR BEING AMERICANS. THIS IS THE ONLY INTELLIGENT STEREOTYPE EVER. US NETHERLANDERS ARE SMARTER BY DEFAULT OF NOT LIVING IN AMERICA. MY ABILITY TO USE GOOD GRAMMAR AND PARAGRAPH STRUCTURE ONLY PROVE MY INTELLECTUAL INFERIORITY. HAHA I WIN AMERICA, I'VE JUST OWNED YOU ON THE INTERNET WITH MY WITTY WORDS.

DEAR LORD PROTECT US FROM GENIUSES LIKE MYSELF.

P.S. MY CAPS LOOCK KEY IS BROKEN
HOW SICK CAN YOU GET, FUCKTARD Junglizm!

Try to make your point without name calling in "The issues"
Thanks. ~MAX

Jung

???
Premium
RedOctober said:
And it is a pity, that on this subject you don't even understand what the word of a wise man is.

What nation builds a city in a region that will be crushed by a catastrophic earthquake? America!
What Nation builds a city in the desert? Problems with the supply of water in the long run, salination of the soil, ergo... How to make nature inhabitable..
America

The Native Americans were right, if you kill the land, the birds, the animals, the fish... In the end you are on death row yourself! :witch:
being a self proclaimed "wise man" impresses very few, especially on the internet. every moron on the web thinks there a regular albert einstein. there are natural disasters everywhere in the world, i'm at a loss as to how a "wise man" can miss that. what about japan for example, typhoons are the equivalent to hurricanes, they do mass destruction. i guess on 'stupid americans" can bring natural disaster on themselves. lets think about iraq, afghanistasn, etc, are they not built in deserts? again you're simple minded stereotpe limits your view of the entire picture. the entire plante is poluting, it's not just limited to the US there "wise man". yes the way we're treating our planet is horrible, but americans aren't the only ones. have you ever been to tokyo, okinawa, toronto, etc. you're completely off topic and ranting like a self proclaimed prophet. this has nothing to do with a fairy tale religion, god, the tooth fairy, santa claus, or even harry potter. you're trying to pass off theses occurances as proof of wicca, and it's highly laughable. the enviroment reacting to our actions doesn't prove gaia, or the tree god.

p.s. i think it was blatantly obvious, to anyone with marginal intelligence that you did not write what i quoted.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
RedOctober said:

America

as does every other country i can think of. do you not have any industry or technology in your country? how much land was used to develop the industry that made the computer you are typing on? What about fucking china, they have more industrial sites, more cars, and more people than two americas. jesus christ if you are going to debate, stay on fucking topic and make fucking sense or shut the fuck up.

Oh, and just so you know, nearly every country, has been invaded or has invaded another country within the last thousand years or so. look at what england did to ireland. thailand. australia. south africa. mongolia. all full of a minority power regime.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
RedOctober said:

America

First of all; all your statements about where people build housing here are flawed, in the sense that almost every nation builds in areas that are prone to natural disasters. The difference is, we have building codes, so if a category 5 hits some small Caribbean nation and kills 1500 people by storm surge, flooding and mudslides; the same hurricane will hit Florida and kill like 5 people.

Secondly, Allow me to remind you that Holland was built on land that requires them to construct and maintain a complex system of dikes to hold back the sea. If someone removed those dikes, that were constructed in order to defy natural forces; Holland would be a flooded marsh yet again.

Where we choose to build our homes is of no concern to you.
Dude, you're wrong, just admit it, try sticking to the topic, and have a nice day.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
This is some silly CRAP and doesn't belong in Issues.

Have a nice day!

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
voiceofreason said:
This is some silly CRAP and doesn't belong in Issues.

Have a nice day!

silly crap makes up 90% of this forum, and our lives. chill out VOR.
:thumbsup:

R

RedOctober

Haha...

Nice way it goes!

Let's say witchcraft is the wisdom of nature..
Technocracy can't undo the happenings in nature.

And you're right..
In Holland those protestants will have to swim for their lives some day. ;)

Mistake

Fresh Meat
Open your fucking minds.

First of all, just because your Wicca does NOT MEAN YOUR FUCKING GOTH. Though many goths may be Wicca, it doesn't fucking mean than every Wicca IS goth. Get that through your fucking skulls. :mad:
Second of all, I'm Pagan, so I've also practiced some witch craft. I have really no opinion on it, because I've grown up with the subject.

R

RedOctober

Mistake said:
First of all, just because your Wicca does NOT MEAN YOUR FUCKING GOTH. Though many goths may be Wicca, it doesn't fucking mean than every Wicca IS goth. Get that through your fucking skulls. :mad:
Second of all, I'm Pagan, so I've also practiced some witch craft. I have really no opinion on it, because I've grown up with the subject.
So, and what witchcraft did you do then?

I'm curious.. :rolleyes:

Mistake

Fresh Meat
Paganism - Christianity.

I also know a good amount about Paganism. Paganism was 'there' before Christianity. Also, all Christian holidays are based on Pagan holidays. Back in 'the day', when Christianity was just coming to be reconized, they(don't ask who they is) modified the Pagan holidays, so that the Pagans would be farther convinced to turn Christian. (Example: What is now Easter, was a celebration of the earths recovering its icy sleep. Everything was coming back to life; flowers, animals, everything. It was a celebration of the earths re birth. Which is why it was set in the early spring.) Those who didn't convert, where killed. Millions where killed. But I guess, we all forgot about that, didn't we?

Mistake

Fresh Meat
RedOctober said:
So, and what witchcraft did you do then?

I'm curious.. :rolleyes:
Actually, I've done very very little. I've only cast a few spells.

Jung

???
Premium
Mistake said:
I also know a good amount about Paganism. Paganism was 'there' before Christianity. Also, all Christian holidays are based on Pagan holidays. Back in 'the day', when Christianity was just coming to be reconized, they(don't ask who they is) modified the Pagan holidays, so that the Pagans would be farther convinced to turn Christian. (Example: What is now Easter, was a celebration of the earths recovering its icy sleep. Everything was coming back to life; flowers, animals, everything. It was a celebration of the earths re birth. Which is why it was set in the early spring.)
in real life we post proof to go along with statements that aren't widely held as fact.
Mistake said:
Those who didn't convert, where killed. Millions where killed. But I guess, we all forgot about that, didn't we?
you obviously didn't read this thread in it's entirety. i posted a comment about the many travesties commited through out history, in the name of christianity.
Mistake said:
Actually, I've done very very little. I've only cast a few spells.
did he turn back into a prince when you kissed him?