WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What's for dinner today? [2017-]

Breathe

Hoodrat
I'm making a pot of chili at 7:00 in the morning using lamb, chili seasoning packets, a small can of tomato sauce, a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies, a can of Rotel diced tomatoes with habaneros and a can of Goya chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.

edit: after that was done simmering for a couple hours, I added a can of black beans and a can of dark red kidney beans. Fuck the haters, I want beans in my chili.

I didn't plan on buying any food after work yesterday, so it was kind of on a whim. There was a bone-in lamb leg with a broken cryovac. Normally we'd cut off the shank, cut the leg in half and trim as needed but this leg was a little too far gone. When I opened it up, there was more green than anticipated and a bit of a funky smell. The only way to salvage it was to debone it and cut it up for lamb stew meat. It was still sitting on the shelf when I got off work (despite people asking "do you have lamb?") so I bought it. I usually chop up onions and various peppers for chili but I didn't feel like walking to the other side of the store because it was crowded as fuck.

I wanted to buy a bottle of tequila to celebrate the end of the holidays but the liquor stores were closed. I went to the beer store and bought a case of Bell's Kalamazoo Stout, instead.
I noticed a housemate's cooked bacon had mold on it. I decided not to eat it. I wonder if she will get sick.

She is "cooking" Hamburger Helper, but she had a stroke with brain damage so she will probably put the noodles in with the meat when she fries it, ugh.

I plan on having salad and seasoned rice with a can of roast beef. Thanks for posting, so i remember to marinate some onions and grlic. Most of my cooking is done in my rokm with a small fridge and microwave. I have some kitchen access, but these people are filthy. I would have to wash every utensitl before using, and wash again afterward out there. Its easier just to stay in here where i know what is clean and unclean. I used to clean the kitchen so i could use it, but no one took the hint, no one followed my example, for months. Except maybe one time. I still clean up after dinner for five if I eat with them, though. But i re-heat what they serve to piping hot, to kill any germs because they dont work cleanly.

I want to lose weight, so hopefully i will keep my porion small tonight and eat the rest tomorrow. It is very rewarding to wake up loking thinner in the mirror. In the past, weight loss has been slow, and there are plateaus. But right now, excess weight is quick to come off if I do the right thing, so i better take advantage of that metabolism while it lasts. Wish i knew what the catalyst was!

Enjoy your hard work and your lamb! Sorry to hear your coworkers just "dont get it" about much of anything!

I like mustard too. It has selenium in it. Mustard is a mild emulsifier. Im not sure exactly how that works out, but my experience with emulsifiers is they protect the arteries from too much fat during the digestion of that meal. Bon apetite!

They talked about a Jose Nagala in my Dear Diary thread. But i am not sure if they were making a reference to the real doc (which i had assumed, after googling him), or if they were referring to you! Probably you.

This was posted one time, but my tablet when black and had to be re-opened.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wheelbarrow6

Fresh Meat
Yah, well done guys! I was actually just after my dinner and then I opened this forum and got hungry again... :eek::sleep::laugh: Sending u virtual cupcakes btw :roflmao:

• 1Like
Reactions: BRiT

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
I'm making a small batch of pleb-tier chili. A one pot meal. The only 'fancy' thing I did was add half of a diced onion.

Pot, a coating of olive oil, medium high, fry diced onion. Brown one pound of lean ground beef. Dump a can of diced tomatoes and the chili seasoning packet. Mix it up. Dump and mix a can of dark red kidney beans. Turn down the heat and let it simmer.

I wanted to cook a chicken but I spent too much time at work.

ib4

Error
Staff
When my boy and I kick it all day on a bender, we get hole in the wall messican. Real tacos and ceviche.

Danni

Derp in the North
Premium
South of the border mac n cheese. Trying to whittle down some of this food before I leave in two weeks, so meal planning and leftovers it is for this week.

ib4

Error
Staff
Shrimp ceviche is amazing.
Agreed. I prefer that over any type. I will say though, different food type, this high quality Sushi joint by my house makes a killer fish ceviche roll. The only place I've ever eaten a roll like that, that good. Any other place as prepared it horribly.

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
why is the best grub always the thing you construct from the last remaining things in your fridge and cupboard when you have no money and you think ah well I'll just see what I can come up with and it turns out great, I just made a sarnie with the crust end of my Coburn loaf, my last slice of processed cheese, and the little salad I had left with some hot pepper sauce and beef crisps, it was fucking sublime.

• 1Like
Reactions: Crazizniac

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheRover

Mostly_Liquid
I just made a corned beef sandwich on a pizza box with a spoon.. I seriously tomorrow, I have to do some washing up.

Earlier I had some vegetable infused pasta thing which I stuck in the micro and then added some cheese and crunchy salad with red peppers and cabbage.. I accompanied this with a slice of poppy seed bread and it hit the spot nicely