WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Whats going to happen "WHEN" Iran go Nuclear?

Hermosa

Never Mind
This worries me slightly!
It makes me feel about as safe as Jack the ripper taking my girl on a night out.
The guy that rules Iran is a proven Psycho and is intent on using them.
Will we do anything? or is it a case of Iran has no resourses we want so we'll leave them to it.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
nothing... because any world leader has enough fuckin sense to not use atomic weapons.. there is well more then enough desclassified studies from every country on the damaging effects of atomic bombs and the ends result of atomic warfair.. only a terrorist(not a government) would use one.. and even then...

jamesp

In Memory...
That and the fact that the UN Nuclear Something or Other Committee found that Iran's nuclear program is completely peaceful. It is a long shot from nuclear fission to ICBM's laden with warheads.

R

RedOctober

The guy that rules the USA is a proven Psycho and is intent on using them.
Will we do anything?
----------

That's how I feel about the thousands of WMD's the USA has!!! :mad:

And if you're really British...
Stirring the soup a bit eh!! :thumbsdn:

RedOctober said:
The guy that rules the USA is a proven Psycho and is intent on using them.
Will we do anything?
----------

That's how I feel about the thousands of WMD's the USA has!!! :mad:

And if you're really British...
Stirring the soup a bit eh!! :thumbsdn:
Well, I would suggest that Bush isn't intent on using WMDs, but I will admit it scares me a little that he does have that kind of power...
But dammit, that's off topic!
If Iran gets WMDs, I doubt they would use them. There is something called MAD that prevents it from happening. Besides, there are plenty of lunatics with their hands on the button. The only world leader who ever used them was probably not a lunatic: Harry Truman.

R

RedOctober

I think it is on topic to discuss the probability of having a nuclear weapon, as well as the likelyhood of using the damned thing.

You said Truman wasn't a lunatic. I quite agree.
But if another man would have been on his place when America was fighting in Korea, general MacArthur probably would have gotten an Okidoki for using nuclear weapons against China.

Truman was kind enough to get MacArthur out of Korea just in time!

That means nothing less, than that under certain circumstances the treshold of using nuclear weapons is lowered a lot.

RedOctober said:
I think it is on topic to discuss the probability of having a nuclear weapon, as well as the likelyhood of using the damned thing.
This is about Iran, ergo hating on Bush, though fun, is off topic.

RedOctober said:
You said Truman wasn't a lunatic. I quite agree.
But if another man would have been on his place when America was fighting in Korea, general MacArthur probably would have gotten an Okidoki for using nuclear weapons against China.
I get the feeling that after Hiroshima and Nagasaki, they realized what they had on their hands. As the gunner on the Enola Gay (the plane that dropped on Hiroshima) wrote in his diary: "What have we done?" No one was gonna drop another one while the first two were still being debated.

RedOctober said:
Truman was kind enough to get MacArthur out of Korea just in time!
Yep, MacArthur, though in many ways a military genius, didn't fully understand the cost of using them on an ally of the (nuclear-armed) USSR.

RedOctober said:
That means nothing less, than that under certain circumstances the treshold of using nuclear weapons is lowered a lot.
Yes, but those circumstances include:
1. When another country is using them on you.
2. When your armies are completely defeated and it is the only option your country has to defend itself.
3. When you are a terrorist and there will be no direct consequences to you personally.
4. When you are simply to dumb to understand the issues with using them.

As you can see, WMDs are the last line of defense, unless you are 100% fucking lunatic. Or no one will retaliate with nukes of their own.