WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines What's up with Internet Censorship

masterranter

Fresh Meat
Yes, I'm sure that you've all heard about this proposed internet censorship. Well, allow me to tell you just exactly what I think about that. I think it is crazy, flat out, plainly showing the arrogance of everyone who even halfway thinks this is a good idea. You can't censor the internet, that would be like taking a good novel, and ripping select pages out of it. I swear, they are talking about taking all sites that speak rash opinion totally from the web. This is crazy! But of course, you don't care, because it isn't real to you yet, but one day, you'll try to log on to this website, and WAM!!! It's edited, and censored, possibly pulled completely.
Censoring the internet would be a never ending job, and plus, it would be about as effective as shaving a fat man's ass! Seriously, everything will be smooth for a while, but it'll grow back, and this time, it'll be thicker! So, I personally and outwardly admit that I am totally against the prospect of censoring the internet.
Censorship, or Censorshit?
Which is it?

Solanaceae

Config.Solanaceae
masterranter said:
Yes, I'm sure that you've all heard about this proposed internet censorship. Well, allow me to tell you just exactly what I think about that. I think it is crazy, flat out, plainly showing the arrogance of everyone who even halfway thinks this is a good idea. You can't censor the internet, that would be like taking a good novel, and ripping select pages out of it. I swear, they are talking about taking all sites that speak rash opinion totally from the web. This is crazy! But of course, you don't care, because it isn't real to you yet, but one day, you'll try to log on to this website, and WAM!!! It's edited, and censored, possibly pulled completely.
Censoring the internet would be a never ending job, and plus, it would be about as effective as shaving a fat man's ass! Seriously, everything will be smooth for a while, but it'll grow back, and this time, it'll be thicker! So, I personally and outwardly admit that I am totally against the prospect of censoring the internet.
Censorship, or Censorshit?
Which is it?
Good luck censoring the internet, it would be impossible. There are too many different rights that would be violated. Religions belive to much different stuff.

Chris

Sick Bastard
They aren't gonna bann hentai sites, are they??? I' mean, they can't just take away our love, the internett, they can't fucking bann it all!!! I'll fucking sue them!