WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

What's your computer's name?

Jung

???
Premium
As it's Windows name or host name. If you're not sure, then it's probably some random number. If you're not sure, but want to post anyway, you can find it by going to control panel, then system then the 'computer name' tab.

Anyway, here are mine.

XP desktop: Harkonnen
Linux desktop: Atreides
PowerBook: MuadDib
Xp laptop: Irulan
Storage array: Spice

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
The computer I built by myself which makes me all-knowing about anything computers: Brainwashmonkey

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Since my computer is built to be fast and have a top of the line graphic card all for the fun of playing an online game. (note I am not saying i have the fastest computer or the better graphic card then anyone else. Please do not quiz me on my computer knowledge as I called tech help for support on installing my graphic card. Thanx)

its called evercrack dealer

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
to be honest because my old computer would no longer run the game is the only reason i got a new one.

Janglenut

Particinator
The computer I am on right now is called:
Jangled Inc.

My old athlon is called:
J-Nut's Project

And I have yet to put linux on an old P3 that I have downstairs. When I do I'll come back with teh name.

Taylor_Blade said:
XP Desktop - TB's P-O-S.
rofl.

I named mine "The Wyrm" of course it's all in caps and has a dash as a space, but still, it's The Wyrm! Don't fuck with the Wyrm. It's an XP Desktop and it's running on Athlon, so don't fuck with the Wyrm or the Wyrm will fuck with you.

This is almost the same as naming your junk... lol

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
i call mine baby cakes.

Descent

Hella Constipated
JAMES-MAINBOX

That's mine. 2000 Pro box.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Ours is "the Computer".

:cool:

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
My computer's name is: Brutius
..Because it is a beast.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Oh yes! I forgot. If I am running a second machine, the second one is called JAMES-SHITBOX.

So I have:

JAMES-MAINBOX
JAMES-SHITBOX

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
im surprised no1 calls theirs "nessy"

i just got this computer and named it

PIMPY

cause it's a good computer :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
My work computer's name is NOC-A-275-G. All of our Windows servers have similar names, but my Linux (dev) servers are named after movie characters similarly to my home ones.

Can anyone figure out where my computer names come from?