WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Music Whats your favorite I.C.P song??

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
They haven't made my favorite song. It's the one in which each of the members gets killed off in a terribly agonizing way. And then Slipknot dies for good measure. :)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
There is already a thread that is still very active discussing ICP. I would close this one, but I am not a ET mod. And, Jacobs Word is my fav ICP song.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i like the one where you hit the mute button and then get sick because you realize you just bought an ICP album.

"What is the world coming to?"...i think thats it.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
bigck3000 said:
i like the one where you hit the mute button and then get sick because you realize you just bought an ICP album.

"What is the world coming to?"...i think thats it.
People still BUY albums?

Nobody buys ICP albums. Juggalo badass losers all just steal them because they're too worthless to shell out 15 bucks.

Jung

???
Premium
ICP is probably the worse media-hype based trash I've ever heard. I'm not interested in hearing white rappers, rapping about soda and scary clowns. :rolleyes:
dustinzgirl said:
People still BUY albums?
Decent people do. ;)

Jung

???
Premium
dustinzgirl said:
There are decent people in this forum? Shit I am in the wrong place.
I do acquire some music, but I still spend a good bit on CDs and vinyl every month. (probably more than most people) It just makes me sad that some people never pay for anything, and talk about "acquiring it" like it's their birth right. You like an artist, obviously if you own their material, so why not support them?
And ICP was cool before the media hype.
Well, not in my opinion. Even before they got noticed for their shock tactics, they were still that type of act; they focus more on theatrics and being shocking than they do producing quality music.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
TheLampIncident said:
Nobody buys ICP albums. Juggalo badass losers all just steal them because they're too worthless to shell out 15 bucks.
ICP encourages it. They don't give a fuck how fans get the album as long as they are listening to it. :thumbsup:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
junglizm said:
You like an artist, obviously if you own their material, so why not support them?
All you support when buying their album is the record companies. A very small fraction of the sales goes to the artist. Hardly enough to "support" them. If you want to support the artist, buy the artists merchandise (shirts, keychains, etc.), or go to their shows. That's how the artist gets paid.

ICP should die they don't play them on the radio but ICP sends requests to radio stations to play their music. I heard this on the radio on a rock station in the morning. The fans called in and said "That's a lie they don't want to be played on the radio because if they do they are sell-outs!" I hope that person that called dies a slow painfull death. The hosts fucking saw the request. Signed by those clowns themselves. So don't say their managers or producers did it because the band did it. I hope Slipknot and Insane Clown Posse die. Especially ICP for calling themselves an Insane Clown Posse. Assholes. They should have been around John Wayne Gacy to know an insane clown. Juggalos.....

Jung

???
Premium
CopyLifted said:
All you support when buying their album is the record companies. A very small fraction of the sales goes to the artist. Hardly enough to "support" them. If you want to support the artist, buy the artists merchandise (shirts, keychains, etc.), or go to their shows. That's how the artist gets paid.
That's the general consensus, but as an artist who's actually released some material (vinyl only) I can promise you it's far from accurate. Now, if you only listen to MTV bands, then you're probably correct, but if you listen to any indie, or small label bands, you're way off. Most sophomore artists spend their own collateral on their works, and often go broke doing it. I spent well over a grand pressing 700 records, sold them out in less than two months (locally) and still didn't break even. Now, if someone would've bootlegged those records, I would've make even less.

Artists make a royalty, or percentage, off of their record sales, just like their concert tickets. So, when you pirate music, you are , in fact, hurting the artists. Rationalize that however you like, but just know the truth.

"Aquiring" music isn't the end of the world, but it makes me sick how some people think they're owed the right to an artist's work for free.

bnccoder

Postaholic
I hate the FCC said:
ICP should die they don't play them on the radio
Are you sure about that? They play them here and my favorite would probally be "How Many Times".