WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

When is feeling good, good enough?

Blaze Daily

<b>Banned - What an Asshat!</b>
What is happiness?

Philosophers ponder this question. There is significance to the question, as it relates to ourselves.

We get happy. But what exactly is happiness? How do we acheive it consistantly and on a daily basis?

I doubt there will be much educated response from WTF forum - but I laugh at how ppl here make pathetic statements in their posts. You really are a bunch of losers.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Blaze Daily said:
What is happiness?

Philosophers ponder this question. There is significance to the question, as it relates to ourselves.

We get happy. But what exactly is happiness? How do we acheive it consistantly and on a daily basis?

I doubt there will be much educated response from WTF forum - but I laugh at how ppl here make pathetic statements in their posts. You really are a bunch of losers.
[pathetic comment he is referring to]what exactly was the point of this post?[/end comment]

wtf forum is possible of creating intelligent responses to questions that you ask as long as the questions aren't retarded and aren't made by an idiot...

you stay happy by not trying to analyze the universe and any philosophical debates. all that happens is that you become unhappy by thinking about it enough. have you ever heard the saying "ignorance is bliss"?

Blaze Daily

<b>Banned - What an Asshat!</b>
This is the kind of pathetic response to a deep question that I previously mentioned. Thank you for fulfilling my prophecy.

But I digress to your level...I would like to state that happiness has been linked to actual physical activity. This means people are usually happy when occupied.

I find myself also occupied but only happy when I am not sober. This is the sad affairs of the drug addict. Tragic really.

Think; there are people who exist without need for external stimuli to provide happiness. These people find it in themselves, from within, an power so beautiful it exists to provide for us all.

What are your reflections on the colours of emotions?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Blaze Daily said:
This is the kind of pathetic response to a deep question that I previously mentioned. Thank you for fulfilling my prophecy.

But I digress to your level...I would like to state that happiness has been linked to actual physical activity. This means people are usually happy when occupied.

I find myself also occupied but only happy when I am not sober. This is the sad affairs of the drug addict. Tragic really.

Think; there are people who exist without need for external stimuli to provide happiness. These people find it in themselves, from within, an power so beautiful it exists to provide for us all.

What are your reflections on the colours of emotions?
the first part was a joke, and the last part wasn't, as you arrogantly put it, a "pathetic response". i guess i fullfilled your prophecy.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Blaze Daily said:
What is happiness?

It really depends on ones self doesn't it?

Blaze Daily said:
Not always, happiness is an emotion, which we experience when something based on our thought process, triggers it.

Blaze Daily said:
And, actually, as a great man once said, Ask the right question and get the right answer.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
if this were forum school, i'd have to give you a big fat F, not just because you are behaving like an out-of-control dipshit tripping on a whole entire sheet of LSD. peace out ;)

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
You know what happiness is because you have felt it at one time or another. If you were never happy you would be dead by now. The problem is that there is no such thing as happy enough. There is no happiness so pure so that it cannot become better. Everyone wants to be happier than they already are. So in a sence ignorance is bliss. If you believe you are truly happy, do not even consider the possibility of being any happier and do not worry about losing your happiness.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
ReiMeishin said:
You know what happiness is because you have felt it at one time or another. If you were never happy you would be dead by now. The problem is that there is no such thing as happy enough. There is no happiness so pure so that it cannot become better. Everyone wants to be happier than they already are. So in a sence ignorance is bliss. If you believe you are truly happy, do not even consider the possibility of being any happier and do not worry about losing your happiness.
thanks for seeing my point and not just calling it a "pathetic" post. although what i meant was that being oblivious to all these philosophical debates and questions will probably make you happier. you won't be burdoned with contemplating what happiness is, or some other shit about the universe and can instead live your life

happiness is happiness. you can be happy with the most insignificant thing or a person can bring you happiness, for me i know it sounds a bit either juvenile or stupid but i could look at a lava lamp and be happy, looking at a fire brings me happiness. so like i said you shouldn't dwell on trying to figure out what happiness is just be happy with what you have or find a thing or person that makes you happy :)

JusDoodln'

Too dumb for the shortbus
Blaze Daily said:
What is happiness?
I have focused on this very question for several life-times. Please be sure you are seated before reading further: the sheer majesty of this completed pearl of insight may leave you breathless.

"Happiness is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window. Or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work. When you go to Church. When you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth."

Or try the abridged version:

"Happiness is a warm gun."

Copyright. JusDoodln' 2005.

latinmaxima

**SPECIAL**
happy is whatever you may take joy in doing or seeing or receiving or giving. it is what you make of it. unfortunately for once i have to at least respect blaze if i read his post right. It is sad you can only be happy being on smack when so many others can find it without using drugs. the small things teach you appreciate what happiness is about.you are really missing out on life by covering up your perception with shit.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
Original Thread Title
When is feeling good, good enough?
There are many ways to perceive this question but I think it could be best defined as such:

-Feeling good: To undergo the experience of excellent condition (could be physical or emotional)-

Therefore feeling good could be achieved if you are stressed and find a way to relax or just by doing something nice for yourself or others.
When is it good enough? Depends on the type of person you are. You'll probably never know if you can't ever be comfortable with yourself.

I believe our fellow posters covered the happiness part very well, but I thought I'd comment on the actual question titling this thread.
[mumbling something about head from ass][/mumble]

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.
~James Oppenheim

Blaze Daily said:

The Dali Lama says that happiness is something you choose to be. It's not a goal but rather something you have to work on being every day. It's hard to maintain imo.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Blaze Daily said:
What is happiness?

ifwe are such a bunch of losers, what is your facination with posting threads that are 99% of the time about smoking green?