WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

where can I get a pop-up blocker for firefox?

Jung

???
Premium
Firefox has a built in pop up blocker.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
Why Use Firefox?

“Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser.” - USA Today

“Better than Internet Explorer by leaps and bounds.” - FORBES

Popup Blocking
Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker.

Chris

Sick Bastard
the google toolbar only owrks on internet explorer( :sword: )...

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
it has a built in one go to tools, options , then web features, check "block popup windows" done

Jung

???
Premium
Chris said:
the google toolbar only owrks on internet explorer( :sword: )...
He meant use google to search for pop up blockers. Also, why do you need a pop up blocker in Firefox, when that function is built in? I've been using Firefox since it was phoenix and I've never needed anything else to stop pop ups. I occasionally get one or two, but nothing worth installing a seperate piece of software for. I also don't frequent pop up laden sites though.
[sky] said:
it has a built in one go to tools, options , then web features, check "block popup windows" done
Already been mentioned and it's on by default. You can add sites, who's pop ups you want blocked, by going inot the properties though.

Jung

???
Premium
CuddleMuffin said:
I use msn and with service pack 2 the pop blocker works even better. Thats all I have to say.
You also probably have an infested shit ball of a computer, but I won't comment on that. Also, MSN Explorer is just a pretty version of IE. SP2 isn't MS gods answer to security, it's actually pretty shitty. I thought this was a computer "help" forum. :rolleyes:

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
You also probably have an infested shit ball of a computer, but I won't comment on that. Also, MSN Explorer is just a pretty version of IE. SP2 isn't MS gods answer to security, it's actually pretty shitty. I thought this was a computer "help" forum. :rolleyes:
Did I mention I also have norton antivirus and I scan every week and not seen a virus yet...Huh, what you got to say now smart ass.

(Please don't take this to B&T)

Jung

???
Premium
Norton Antivirus is crappy.(really it is) Also, I was talking about spy/adware, not necessarily virii. I was mostly sepaking of ActiveX installers and exploits, which IE is susceptible to. But, if you knew that I doubt you' wouldn't be using IE.(or MSN Explorer.)
(Please don't take this to B&T)
Why would I?

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
Norton Antivirus is crappy.(really it is) Also, I was talking about spy/adware, not necessarily virii. I was mostly sepaking of ActiveX installers and exploits, which IE is susceptible to, but if you knew that I doubt you' wouldn't be using IE.(or MSN Explorer.)
Um actually the pop up blocker is with norton too and I have firewall protection and shit like that so nothing gets installed on my computer without it asking me first or unless I install something from the net, but with this program it still asks me before I install it. And I see that norton is one of the exspensive virus softwares. Oh and my boyfriends dad...he has a degree in this kind of shit and he even told me norton is one of the good ones to use, so don't go telling me what is not good and what is.

Jung

???
Premium
CuddleMuffin said:
Um actually the pop up blocker is with norton too and I have firewall protection and shit like that so nothing gets installed on my computer without it asking me first or unless I install something from the net, but with this program it still asks me before I install it. .
I’m talking about spy/adware, not pop ups. (at least in the last few replies.) Hello! Active X allows for programs to automatically install, with out asking you. This is separate from the applications that your firewall stops. Also, exploits mean that they are hacks (read: they circumvent security) IE is notorious for having exploits and new ones come out faster than the malware updates. I was in fact talking about web based exploits. Your firewall blocks ports(and access applications access to ports), if you’re on the web then port 80 is open, so a firewall won’t help you. You don’t know what you’re talking about, please stop.

CuddleMuffin said:
And I see that norton is one of the exspensive virus softwares. Oh and my boyfriends dad...he has a degree in this kind of shit and he even told me norton is one of the good ones to use, so don't go telling me what is not good and what is.
Price doesn’t always dictate quality. I also have a degree, multiple IT certifications and over 6 years professional experience in this field. Don’t go quoting hear-say to rationalize your opinions. Symantec antivirus is decent, Norton (read: the retail version) is crap. In many cases Norton has missed virii that Kaspersky hasn’t. That’s why I say it’s crap. You could have virii and mal/spyware that you don’t even know about. This is why the whole malware issue is so big, because programs like Norton fail horribly in detecting and removing them.

tzedek

Original Member
lol, i didnt even read the whole thread title. i thoght he meant for IE and jung was trying to convert him to firefox. my bad

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
CuddleMuffin said:
Um actually the pop up blocker is with norton too and I have firewall protection and shit like that so nothing gets installed on my computer without it asking me first or unless I install something from the net, but with this program it still asks me before I install it. And I see that norton is one of the exspensive virus softwares. Oh and my boyfriends dad...he has a degree in this kind of shit and he even told me norton is one of the good ones to use, so don't go telling me what is not good and what is.
yeah considering if you know how to use firefox then it won't install stuff either. its a built in option to block all content from being downloaded unless you tell it to download.

Jung

???
Premium
Hypertron said:
yeah considering if you know how to use firefox then it won't install stuff either. its a built in option to block all content from being downloaded unless you tell it to download.
Firefox does not support ActiveX, so it's pretty safe. It also handles js a lot better than IE.

NaughtyGirl21

Formally Cuddles
junglizm said:
I’m talking about spy/adware, not pop ups. (at least in the last few replies.) Hello! Active X allows for programs to automatically install, with out asking you. This is separate from the applications that your firewall stops. Also, exploits mean that they are hacks (read: they circumvent security) IE is notorious for having exploits and new ones come out faster than the malware updates. I was in fact talking about web based exploits. Your firewall blocks ports(and access applications access to ports), if you’re on the web then port 80 is open, so a firewall won’t help you. You don’t know what you’re talking about, please stop.

Price doesn’t always dictate quality. I also have a degree, multiple IT certifications and over 6 years professional experience in this field. Don’t go quoting hear-say to rationalize your opinions. Symantec antivirus is decent, Norton (read: the retail version) is crap. In many cases Norton has missed virii that Kaspersky hasn’t. That’s why I say it’s crap. You could have virii and mal/spyware that you don’t even know about. This is why the whole malware issue is so big, because programs like Norton fail horribly in detecting and removing them.
Whatever, I am happy of what I got. I have no problems, noting is intalling on its own, no viruses are detected, my computer is running smoothly, and ect. The only think I need now is a new motherboard with the newest prosessor, becuase mine is shitty.