WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Where do all the un-sold cars go?

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
you must have some sense of all this, Doctor Detroit.:D
I do and my claim stands. Instead of being offended by my statement why not make a case against the claim? You won't because you can't. Have you ever been part of a joint venture such as Flat Rock's Auto-Alliance? Shouldn't you look at the results objectively? I mean REALLY are you going to try and tell me the Probe was a superior passenger car to the MX-6? Are you really going to try and tell me that when a Mazda rolls down the line and the same guy who bolts on the headlight housing and just last week snapped in the Probe housing and said "no wonder they're kicking our ass" is actually full of shit?

Listen Sweetberry if the intent is to be the best and most economical auto maker then good ole Americana fails...miserably. I'm not talking out my ass here Pumpkinshoes for example take a VW and next to it put a comparably priced Ford, GM or Chrysler. The VW doesn't just win it makes the competition it's bitch. This has nothing to do with weird patriotism or some false sense of nationalism. Call a spade a spade and THEN look for reasons why something is inferior.

Last edited:

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
I do and my claim stands. Instead of being offended by my statement why not make a case against the claim? You won't because you can't. Have you ever been part of a joint venture such as Flat Rock's Auto-Alliance? Shouldn't you look at the results objectively? I mean REALLY are you going to try and tell me the Probe was a superior passenger car to the MX-6? Are you really going to try and tell me that when a Mazda rolls down the line and the same guy who bolts on the headlight housing and just last week snapped in the Probe housing and said "no wonder they're kicking our ass" is actually full of shit?

Listen Sweetberry if the intent is to be the best and most economical auto maker then good ole Americana fails...miserably. I'm not talking out my ass here Pumpkinshoes for example take a VW and next to it put a comparably priced Ford, GM or Chrysler. The VW doesn't just win it makes the competition it's bitch. This has nothing to do with weird patriotism or some false sense of nationalism. Call a spade a spade and THEN look for reasons why something is inferior.
While I do appreciate an earnest response, if you'll pardonay moi, I realized just after my last post this had been quite the derail but, worse, more analogous to those religious debates I so loath./pointless. -Better to agree to disagree. The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day with plenty to do./me concedes

MisterFister

This strikes directly at the heart of this thread. Remember Cash For Clunkers? What was that? It was sold as a way of ridding American streets of pollution spewing older cars. That wasn't it's REAL intent. It's REAL intent was market manipulation. The bailouts saved antiquated business models that rightly SHOULD have died the natural death of bankruptcy. They would have been crushed up and rebuilt into BETTER businesses but the labor unions and government fiat currency mill weren't about to have that. Cash For Clunkers was a way to FORCE the American populace to buy things they didn't want (anyone ever heard of Obamacare)?

If you don't know that the spike in car sales after and during cash for clunkers was a result of market manipulation and coercion then I don't know what to tell ya. The end of the unnatural bubble is what we have now. Naturally, new car sales would be a bell curve but Government Motors HAD to keep numbers up to feign success.

Take the automotive plastics prototyping and production market at the Tier 2/Tier 3 level right now for example. Every prototype shop that survived the crash (not many did) is absolutely SWAMPED right now. Look at the backlog of ordered CNC Mills for example. Why? Why is plastic automotive production returning to the US in droves? Why are 'they' virtually pulling out of Korea?

• 1Agree
Reactions: BrIONwoshMunky

jujubee

~what it is~
Premium
If I were inclined to revisit my old days on the debate board, I'd hardly be encouraged by your already having locked onto ad-hom mode, name calling and condescending before barely breaking ground on the subject. That's what I meant, you're all too familiar and people are intensely too -intense for me when they get so carried away, rather than genuinely trying to having a rational discussion, though, yes, I realize what I said was I think you should stick to your electrical.:p So, I'd apologize for having gotten you all geared up for the debate, but that's all I said.

I'm not interested in backing up my opinion. It's just an opinion, after all, and requires little effort or consideration but it's hardly grounded solely in your bullshit patriotic nationalist stab. I don't feel the need to prove that either. You spend all the hours you like kidding yourself about proving shit all over the net, the other guy isn't there with you--imo.

*Sorry for the derail.

• 1Like
Reactions: MadHatterMad

MadHatterMad

a.k.a. ZoeMonster
@MisterFister
Just a small discrepancy but you do realize Ford owns Mazda...jackass!
I do side with @jujubee and strongly believe you are part of a Flat-Rocks Auto- Asshatts. Who only know what they google or receive in your horribly misinformed pamphlet from your PO box. Get off your pedestal....we can see the bullshit you talk is stacked just as high as your ego.

MisterFister

@MisterFister
I am always amazed at how prevalent the "I live in my own made up world" kook philosophy is in American culture. I really think you honestly believe "Ford owns Mazda". I think you go throughout the day building your own reality based on whatever you choose to believe. The fact that Ford does not nor has it ever "owned Mazda" is of no consequence to the "I live in my own made up world" brigade.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

MadHatterMad

a.k.a. ZoeMonster
Lmfao dumbass I work for Ford. Check your sources...oh wait...your little pamphlet said otherwise. Carry on!

EDIT: For your viewing pleasure!

From 1979 to 2010, Mazda had a partnership with the FordMotor Company, who acquired a 7% stake in 1979 and by 1996, OWNED 33.3% of Mazda

Last edited:
  • 1LOL
  • 1Face Palm
Reactions: MisterFister and jujubee

MisterFister

Lmfao dumbass I work for Ford.
A guy who "works for Ford" yet has no clue that Ford doesn't own Mazda. Some might call that ignorance. Not me. I call it par for the course. You don't wanna compare resumes when it comes to automotive, Perriwinkle. You just don't.

Like I said before...Ford doesn't own Mazda. Would you now like to acknowledge it doesn't or would you prefer to keep riding that unicycle in Pretendoville? Your call.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/08/mazda-says-sayonara-to-flat-rock-good-riddance-to-ford/

From 1979 to 2010, Mazda had a partnership with the FordMotor Company, who acquired a 7% stake in 1979 and by 1996, OWNED 33.3% of Mazda
I usually don't make a habit of responding to wikipedia (tee hee) copy and paste but for you I'll make an exception.

Right. The partnership I alluded to with the Auto Alliance reference. Did you, as a pride-fueled Ford employee, ever wonder WHY Ford purchased 33% of Mazda? Was it to gain European market share? Why? Why did Ford invest in Mazda?

I will tell you if you don't know. That means I will tell you because it is very clear you don't know.

They worked to gain a controlling interest so they could rape and pillage engineering, APQP, JIT logistics, etc etc. Even the silly things mattered. Ford knows SAE is FUCKING STUPID.

*I just realized that owning stock in a company means you actually OWN that company. WOO HOO! I'm headed straight to Home Depot tomorrow to take the helm as CEO! BOOYAH!

• 1LOL
Reactions: jujubee

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Drop in a LS and you have yourself 'Spacious Engine Compartment = Really Big Engine'. :)
I was assuming by "spacious engine compartment" you meant one with lots of empty space which makes it easier to work around the engine (your first 4-banger example). I do not consider a large engine compartment to be "spacious" if the engine takes up most of the space and there is little room to spare (your V8 example).

1). Your vehicle would not move at all without an axle spindle being driven by the differential. Your rear end would have been trashed beyond belief.
My vehicle is all-wheel-drive. Since the short axle was in the front, the rear wheels still had power. I discovered the problem when my vehicle started fishtailing - something that never happens when all four wheels have power.

2) You cannot and I mean CANNOT put a fucking distributor in upside down. They are made of composite plastic and would shatter with the blow of a hammer. I also doubt your engine would have started at all.
According to the mechanic who eventually fixed the problem, the distributor was hammered in upside-down. I am taking his word on that. What I do know is that my vehicle did not have much power and it got much, much poorer gas mileage than normal. This would be expected if the engine timing was wrong and some of the cylinders were fighting against each other. Whatever the case was, I know that the mechanic at the dealership created the problem which did not exist before I took my vehicle there.

Fortunately, my current vehicle does not have a mechanical distributor - it is electronically controlled. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: MadHatterMad