Features Which color scheme do you use currently?

What color scheme do you use on WTF.com?

• Total voters

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
So considering a few changes, and wanted to know what people use the most...

Incarnate
Nether

Vote! Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I always use Incarnate. It's the default look, and the one that the website is "supposed" to look. It's bright and flashy, which matches with the crazy posts and rants on this website.

Nether looks calming, but looks way too relaxing for a website full of people arguing and ranting.

• 1Helpful
  • 1Taters!
Reactions: 1 users

Swah

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ...it's all just a roll of the dice...
Staff
Incarnate is easier on my eyes.

• 1Kill It With Fire

Scooter

Roll me up and smoke me when I die.
If you take Nether away from me, there's no telling what I might do. I just might be the kind of guy to hunt you down and take ALL Y'ALLS nethers!

• 3ORLY?
  • 1OH YEAAHH!
Reactions: 3 users

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Extrapolating the data of the poll tells me cool people use Incarnate and losers use Nether. Interesting.

• 2OH YEAAHH!
  • 1LOL
  • 1Kill It With Fire
Reactions: 3 users

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I like the polls. They are better than having the shoutbox. I wonder if there will be new polls in the future.

ib4

Error
Staff
I have used incarnate since it was deployed, but i do love Nether and I used Nether before incarnate came along.

I'm staying out of this I can't decide.

Last edited:
  • 1Face Palm

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
So... what are these changes?

Just some design changes I'm contemplating... We've had the choice between these two for a really long time (even with previous designs) so we may still carry forward both the red and the blue...

• 1Like

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
Extrapolating the data of the poll tells me cool people use Incarnate and losers use Nether. Interesting.
So you use Nether then? :rotflmao: ( I am such a jerk. )

I did not know the colors red and blue had such fancy names.
I use the one with the red navigation bar, which ever that is. I never bothered to try to change it. :shrug:

OK, I bothered to look into the Incarnate / Nether options. For those of you who do not know (like me a few minutes ago), go into your Preferences page. At the top there is a Style field with a drop down box with three options:
Use default style: WTF.Next - Incarnate
WTF.Next - Incarnate
WTF.Next - Nether

The two Incarnate options are the red color scheme.
The Nether option is the blue color scheme.

@Jason, since this information is stored in the wtf.com database, could you just query the database instead of taking a poll?
Maybe you could only include the Styles of members who have been a member for at least a year and have posted something in the last three months.
:twocents:

• 1Taters!

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
OK, I bothered to look into the Incarnate / Nether options. For those of you who do not know (like me a few minutes ago), go into your Preferences page. At the top there is a Style field with a drop down box
Or you can just go to the bottom left corner of any page.

• 1Agree

CoprophagousCop

Premium
For those of you who do not know (like me a few minutes ago), I looked up the definitions of the Style names:

incarnate = embodied in flesh

nether = lower

I do not see the relationship between the names and the colors, but maybe I am just blind / dumb.

(Also, I could not find these definitions by scrolling to the bottom of the page.)

CoprophagousCop

Premium
Although I much prefer the color Blue over the color Red, I prefer the Incarnate style, because the dark blue background of the Nether style makes it more difficult to read the text. Therefore, I propose a hybrid of the two:

hybrid.png