WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Which is better Halo or Halo 2?

Chronic Anger

Bringer of Genocide
So what do you think? 1 or 2? I got my views but i'd like to hear someone elses first.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
of those two halo 2 is better. i thought the controls in halo 1 were less smooth. but if you want my real opinion they lack considerably compared to CS:S or BF2

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
BF2 is definitely my favorite FPS at the moment. It's a great game. But Halo 2 was better than Halo 1 for game play.

Both Halo's have extremely good graphics but they aren't challenging enough. The sniper rifle doesn't even move around, even a litte. How realistic is a sniper with dead-set aim?

Janglenut

Particinator
Halo 2 was better, however I liked the fun Halo 1 offered in CTF. They ruined it in halo 2 by taking out respawn growth, which basically killed the point of getting frags and using strat in CTF.

jamesp

In Memory...
I love both of them, but personally I like the physics in Halo 2 better. As far as fps'er are concerned my favorite would have to be FarCry. If you can beat this game on easy without cheats you are pretty much a badass.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
Halo 2 is so much better, i tried to play halo, after playing halo one, it sucked so bad, the only thing i missed about halo original was the ctf strategy involved...and sidewinder...that was my favorite level.

Boycott

Soul Doubt
jamesp said:
I love both of them, but personally I like the physics in Halo 2 better. As far as fps'er are concerned my favorite would have to be FarCry. If you can beat this game on easy without cheats you are pretty much a badass.
When that came out, I tried it once, and owned everyone at it and never tried it again because I thought it was too easy ... I personally prefer BF... Anyone played Call of Duty 2 yet? I know my friend just got it the other day, but he hasn't told me about it yet :(

Chronic Anger

Bringer of Genocide
Halo tho, i thought, was the more refined due 2 the fluidity of movement and aiming, classic levels and objectives, good storyline but other than that i think halo 2 is quicker paced than its predecessor.

Halo 2 where to begin....
From the first cutscene, i thought owwwwwwwww, showing the covernant armada circling the destroyed halo, then when the game kicks in your practicaly shoved in the deep end again with new toys like my personal favorite the guass warthog and being able to use turrets, the energy sword, the fuel rod cannon, sentinel beams etc...

But then i thought hang on wtf have the done! My beloved shotgun sucks now, what happened to the amount of ammo you could carry? And worset of all, the grenade arch, omg, WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO?!?! In number 1, you could sail grenades through the air to seriously distant targets, and probably hit them with a plasma grenade and wipe em out. In number 2, your best bet to get someone with a sticky, is to run right up to your target, throw at point blank, and run! So disappointing...

I cant play either anymore, with halo, i cant just forget that in halo you cant board enemy vehicles or take an elites sword and in number 2, lack of ammo, the shamefull grenades arch and the crap A.I. of enemys makes me sake my head in disappointment.

I just hope number 3 makes it all better, but microsoft and bungie might screw it up anyway so... :(

CVN70

That's CPT. Forge to you!
deus_ex_machina said:
Both Halo's have extremely good graphics but they aren't challenging enough. The sniper rifle doesn't even move around, even a litte. How realistic is a sniper with dead-set aim?
This is gonna sound really geekish, but I don't give two shits what you think.

Master Chief's MJOLNIR battlesuit moves on what his thought's are. He doesn't really move it himself, his thoughts of what needs to be shot control it. Being a very well trained his thought's while viewing through the scope are to keep it as still as possible then shoot.
Read "The Fall of Reach" and "First Strike".

Easty

Click click boom
long story short...

single player-halo

multiplayer-halo 2

Sal

Banned - What an Asshat!
I really don't like either, but I guess I'd have to pick Halo 1, since the story was better.

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
Halo for PC > Halo for XBox, 1 or 2.
Superior controls, graphics, and multiplayer mode. End of story.

Easty

Click click boom
r u kidding?!? you can't play halo on a pc, its sacreligious! besides, the game sucks anyways. why they put in on there, i have no idea. waste of money, in my opinion.

Jung

???
Premium
Eastside said:
r u kidding?!? you can't play halo on a pc, its sacreligious!
FPS games were always meant to be played on PCs, they play like shit on consoles. :thumbsdn:

OmegaZeto

Eyeless Pilot
junglizm said:
FPS games were always meant to be played on PCs, they play like shit on consoles. :thumbsdn:
Preach it!

What was the first FPS game ever? What system did it come out for? Which system has the largest library of FPS games? Which system offers the highest level of customization and expandability to FPS games? Which system offers the best graphics tweaking and control customization?
Consoles lose. PC wins.

Easty

Click click boom
junglizm said:
dude, halo was made for the xbox and the xbox's controller. sorry if i'm just biased towards consoles. i fucking hate pc games, except for those that come with them (solitaire, hearts, etc.)

OmegaZeto said:
What was the first FPS game ever? What system did it come out for? Which system has the largest library of FPS games? Which system offers the highest level of customization and expandability to FPS games? Which system offers the best graphics tweaking and control customization?
Consoles lose. PC wins.
so, are you saying that any game genre that originated on a console doesn't belong on a pc?

Jung

???
Premium
Eastside said:
dude, halo was made for the xbox and the xbox's controller. sorry if i'm just biased towards consoles. i fucking hate pc games, except for those that come with them (solitaire, hearts, etc.)
And your point is? Keyboards have more buttons than a controller does, and are capable of anything a controller is AND more. Bottom line, FPS games were designer for PCs, and playing them on a controller is about the most asinine way of playing one. PCs have better graphics, better controls and just feel more natural.

Halo was a pretty shitty game to start with, but I can't imagine playing any FPS on anything but a computer with a keyboard and mouse.

I guess I could see how someone fairly new to FPS games would prefer a console though, but for those of us who have been playing them for years there is only one way to play - with a keyboard and mouse.
so, are you saying that any game genre that originated on a console doesn't belong on a pc?
Well, most games would certainly look better on a PC with a good video card, but I guess that's neither here nor there right now. There are some types of games that I would prefer to play on a console, like side scrollers or '3d adventure games' like Crash Bandacoot or such, but even then, a USB controller works the same as a console controller, and you still get the benefits of better graphics and higher resolutions. FPS games just feel weird on a console; the controls are all dicked up and limiting, and TVs force you into playing at 640x480. I'd much rather play an FPS on my monitor at high resolution. At least something around 1600x1200.

Anyway, that's just my :twocents:.

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
talking about fps, does anyone like te game counterstrike?
i have played it on a lan with my friends a lot ad i think the strategies for playing that game are better than halo