WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines White House Criticizes Bennett for Remarks

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
WASHINGTON, Sept. 29 - The White House distanced itself today from the comments of a prominent Republican who said on a recent radio program that the nation's crime rate could potentially be reduced through aborting blacks.
The White House called the comments, made by William J. Bennett, the former Republican secretary of education, off base. The White House spokesman, Scott McClellan, said that President George W. Bush "believes the comments were not appropriate."
Mr. Bennett has said the remarks were taken out of context, noting that he immediately said such abortions would be "reprehensible."
Mr. Bennett, who served as drug czar for the president's father, came under fire from Democratic Congressional leaders on Thursday for the comments, which were made on a his radio show, "Bill Bennett's Morning in America," earlier this week.
"I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down," Mr. Bennettsaid in the broadcast. "That would be an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky."
In a radio broadcast on Thursday, Mr. Bennett called the criticism of him "ridiculous, stupid, totally without merit."
"I was pointing out that abortion should not be opposed for economic reasons, any more than racism or for that matter slavery or segregation should be supported or opposed for economic reasons," he said. "Immoral policies are wrong because they are wrong, not because of an economic calculation. One could just as easily have said you could abort all children and prevent all crime, to show the absurdity of the proposition."

LINK

~~~~~~

I don't know what to say about this!?

Nice that Bush believes the comments were not appropriate. Way to go out on a limb.

Maybe he should say that's "insane"...

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://republicanracist.ytmnd.com/

There's the audio clip. Open it in IE.

You wanna know the scary part? A week ago, my father was in Aspen on a business trip, and guess what? This fucker was right in front of him. While dining at Poncho Villas today he broke us the news.

They got into a conversation about their TUMI suitcases. My father wanted to be a smart ass to this guy, but he knew damn well that this Evil G.O.P. bastard could have him in the airport for three days with his bodyguards.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
What a fuck.

Violence is not a genetical issue. It's a socio-economic issue.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
you know I think someone tried something like this before to control uprisings and disorder... It was King Ramses who killed the first born of every Jew....

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
The point is, alot of black people are poor for historical reasons, they often live in ghettos, where violence is omnipresent. If it was whites who lived in the ghettos, and black people made the middle and upper class, it would be whites who would have higher rates of violence and criminality. So in conclusion, color of skin is not a violence factor; one's social, economic and environmental situation is a violence factor.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
also, less affluent black americans seem to be victims of endemic male bravado or machismo.. this also is also rife amongst poorer latin americans (see MS13 etc)..
i have no statistics to back this opinion but i believe that poorer minorities are more inclined to subscribe to gang culture (and thus murder, steal, sell drugs etc without proper considration of the implications) because there is a heavy emphasis on being 'wild' or 'the big man'.. rather than being 'weak' or 'sensitive'.. which would pretty much get you to your 6th birthday and no further..
until they feel they have nothing to prove to their peers we will have young men from these minorities killing each other in an attempt to gain respect.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
he probably should of tried for a better analogy... he came off real bad...

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Darklight said:
Understatement of the Year award goes to....... Darklight. :p

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Speech Darklight! Speech.

J/k :D

Descent

Hella Constipated
void said:
also, less affluent black americans seem to be victims of endemic male bravado or machismo.. this also is also rife amongst poorer latin americans (see MS13 etc)..
i have no statistics to back this opinion but i believe that poorer minorities are more inclined to subscribe to gang culture (and thus murder, steal, sell drugs etc without proper considration of the implications) because there is a heavy emphasis on being 'wild' or 'the big man'.. rather than being 'weak' or 'sensitive'.. which would pretty much get you to your 6th birthday and no further..
until they feel they have nothing to prove to their peers we will have young men from these minorities killing each other in an attempt to gain respect.
I have an Italian drug dealer friend who has close associations with MS13 as well as the Bloods. He's a nuetral guy, not a member, but since this guy deals marijuana to everyone, and is one of the smartest people I've ever met, hilarious, extremely nice, truthful, and compassionate, both gangs enjoy his company.

As an initiation into MS13, four Mexicans tried to cut his face. But they ended up with four multiple head traumas because my buddy is an amazing fighter.

For the record, he is EXTREMELY anti-cocaine, heroin, or Meth. He does't endorse heavy drug usage of any kind.

And if he didn't do this he wouldn't be living in a house.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is an example of somebody's political career being utterly ruined. And he deserves it :thumbsup:

If you aborted all white babies, the politician rate would go down. Now that's something we could all agree on.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Darklight said:
Yes. It was some sort of excerize of thought, he said.

The problem is, that he is "thinking" about such things...that's the fucked up part of it...