WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Who Here Believe's In God

Jung

???
Premium
I think religion is evil, and god is a folk tale.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Religious fanatics are fucking stupid. God is a myth. We created God and not vice-versa. IF there is a creator of the Universe, he doesn't give more shit about us than birds, trees, other planets and galaxies, etc. WE'RE NOT SPECIAL. God, Buddah, Allah.. they're myths to explain where we're from and where we're going.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
God is an imaginary friend for adults.

Fuck,I don't know.
What was the question?

Agnostic myself, even though I've spent 10 years in catholic school with 2 or possibly 6 left to go...

Jung

???
Premium
WILD said:
Agnostic myself, even though I've spent 10 years in catholic school with 2 or possibly 6 left to go...
I went to catholic junior and senior high, that's probably the reason I'm not catholic now.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
I went to catholic junior and senior high, that's probably the reason I'm not catholic now.
Bwahahahaha, sorry I just pictured you in a gray skirt and white knee high socks.

Back on topic.

Signify

Particinator
There are to many unanswered questions for me. Such as, if there is a god, why does he let us have war, disease and poverty? If god truly is all powerfull, couldn't he abolish all of these things? Religion was (in my opinion) first invented as a way to govern the people, make them fear somthing that the people in power could control.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Sometimes, I think "how could there ever be a god?"

Others, I think "how couldn't there?"

One thing's for sure, no organized religion I've come across does it for me so far. Sometimes, I just feel that there's an utter hopelessness, and that the only way we could have come about was by that of a God... but others, I think that the chimera that is man may have come about unaided... such is life, and the process of living it.

:rolleyes:

I'll probably never know.

ferengi

Yay fire!
I do believe in God. I am a Christian (probably not the best Christian... but then who is? :rolleyes: ). I don't have to explain myself to anyone, I have my reasons for my beliefs, and that's good enough for me.

I respect others' right to believe in what they want, and I do NOT try to force my beliefs down ANYONE'S throat; If you want a religious debate with me you're out of luck. I have friends who are atheist, and had a friend in high school who was Muslim. We got along just fine.

Practically the only time I DO discuss religion, is if a friend or someone close to me is interested in learning more about my beliefs. I don't put on a big show or say things like "IF YOU DON'T COME TO JESUS YOU'LL BURN IN HELL, AAAAAAHHAHAAHHAAAHAH!!!111111111." I hate it when people try to use fear to force someone into a religion, or guilt trip them into it. If you truly believe in your heart of hearts that there is no God, or that Mohammed was a prophet of Allah, or that the universe exploded into existence billions of years ago, then that's absolutely fine with me.

Have I ever been verbally attacked because of my religion? Yes, on more than one occassion, but as I said before, I do NOT debate about the subject. It's not my place to tell someone "you're right" or "you're wrong" just because they don't agree with me.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I spit upon the possibility of a god existing. :sick:

Errr... Umm.... well I meant to spit anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Icarus said:
Sometimes, I think "how could there ever be a god?"

Others, I think "how couldn't there?"

One thing's for sure, no organized religion I've come across does it for me so far. Sometimes, I just feel that there's an utter hopelessness, and that the only way we could have come about was by that of a God... but others, I think that the chimera that is man may have come about unaided... such is life, and the process of living it.

:rolleyes:

I'll probably never know.
I think you summed it up nicely for me. I tend to have a hard time telling my brain things my eyes cant comprehend. (possibly the reason I've been failing my Analytical Physics and Calculus classes). Faith and religion are two completely different things... and while I have faith that a higher being could reasonably exist, there's no way in hell im spending 40 days giving up something I love.. or anything to that effect. No offense to the religious in here.

blw72887

Just a poster
ferengi74656 said:
I do believe in God. I am a Christian (probably not the best Christian... but then who is? :rolleyes: ). I don't have to explain myself to anyone, I have my reasons for my beliefs, and that's good enough for me.

I respect others' right to believe in what they want, and I do NOT try to force my beliefs down ANYONE'S throat; If you want a religious debate with me you're out of luck. I have friends who are atheist, and had a friend in high school who was Muslim. We got along just fine.

Practically the only time I DO discuss religion, is if a friend or someone close to me is interested in learning more about my beliefs. I don't put on a big show or say things like "IF YOU DON'T COME TO JESUS YOU'LL BURN IN HELL, AAAAAAHHAHAAHHAAAHAH!!!111111111." I hate it when people try to use fear to force someone into a religion, or guilt trip them into it. If you truly believe in your heart of hearts that there is no God, or that Mohammed was a prophet of Allah, or that the universe exploded into existence billions of years ago, then that's absolutely fine with me.

Have I ever been verbally attacked because of my religion? Yes, on more than one occassion, but as I said before, I do NOT debate about the subject. It's not my place to tell someone "you're right" or "you're wrong" just because they don't agree with me.
:thumbsup:

I agree with you 100%, in this subject matter there is no black and white. I come from a catholic family but I was never baptized, which hasn't stopped me from believing in god. I think that it is someone's choice to believe or not to believe and there should be no "threats" such as going to hell if you don't go to church. Like you said, I can't tell someone their wrong because they don't believe in God and I do, it's just a choice to believe in God. I too will not debate over this matter and will take no positions except for the fact that I am a believer.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
I think there is a powerfull transdimensional entity (God) that interferes with history and is worshipped by several religions. I believe it is also a very cruel and evil (by our standards) entity. I believe most religions are
use fear and greed to manipulate mankind and hinder man's progress.
I think the goal of evolution for humanity should be to become powerfull enough to overcome this monstrosity and determine our own destiny. :thumbsup: