WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Who here plays Hockey?

Janglenut

Particinator
I play hockey in a Midget B league and currently am playing right wing, with a bit of center depending on matchups. Anyone else play? If you do play, leave your position and your thoughts on hockey.

Also, what kind of stick do you guys use?

I'm using an Easton Typhoon shaft with a Sundin blade.

NINE225

The one, The only
Ummm...

I play hockey and i play goalie. I use a TPS but it sucks im getting a new one for christmas. i play on bantam B. keep it up.

Janglenut

Particinator
Sweet. I started playing when I was 14 and have just picked it up really quick. Learned how to ice skate when I was 13, but with lots of practice I've gotten just as good as some of the best at my arena. Thinking of playing travel next year for the arena, they wanted me to do it this year but I figured I'd get better practice if I was leading a house team rather than playing bench on travel.

Signify

Particinator
i play left wing..am in midget..AA. I just use those 20$ sticks you can get at almost any store. our record is 7-1-1

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
i used to play when i was younger and in high school. I played wing, and my team was terrible. Almost everything I had was CCM, and i cant even remember what kind of blades i used. They were pretty expensive though.

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
My friend plays.. I went to his game last night.. I had no idea what was going on..

Janglenut

Particinator
Darkness_Reaper said:
i play left wing..am in midget..AA. I just use those 20$ sticks you can get at almost any store. our record is 7-1-1

The 20 dollar sticks work just as well, but they don't last as long as the more expensive ones. I happen to like the 20 dollar Koho Torpedos. :D

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
I play in a beer league on Saturday nights. I play left wing, and I use Montreal sticks, 7750 or something like that, with the Euro curve. My team is 10-0 right now.

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
I have great speed, poor agility and puckhandling, good passing, and mediocre shooting. My job is to keep the tempo quick and to energize my line. As a result, I take pretty short shifts, even by rec league standards.

My motto on the ice: Catch me if you can, but I'll probably lose control of the puck so don't worry about keeping up with me.

Janglenut

Particinator
^ lol Nice.

Yeah, I play a checking style due to my size and strength. I also got great stanima and speed so I fit in for power play and short hand. The one weak point of my game is puck handling though, I can't puck handle worth shit compared to some centers in the league.

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
I play the fast style do to my lack of strength. A 6'0", 145 lb. winger should not even try to play checking style. That would be like Theo Fleury or Daniel Brière trying to take down Derian Hatcher.

God damn I miss the NHL...

Janglenut

Particinator
Yes me too.

Goddamn you're a twig. I'm 6'3 and weigh 194, so it's more suited to my body. :D :D

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
Well, I'm definitely a stark contrast to most of the players in my league. I'd say the average player in my league is 5'8" and weighs about 220, and most of that isn't muscle, if you know what I mean. Seing someone tall and skinny like me skating circles around them must piss them off a lot, because I get a lot of checks thrown in my direction even though it's a non-checking league. And because I'm pretty unstable on my skates, I usually get knocked down by those checks, if not by myself.

Janglenut

Particinator
IC, luckily you play in a nonchecking league. If one of those fat fucks catches you with your head down, ( I got my ass laid out in one game, thought I had a fucking concussion) You'll be hurting for a couple weeks.

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
Sometimes they do it anyway (and get thrown out as a result), and it leaves me hurting for 3 or 4 days if it's a solid one. Luckily, our games our only once a week so there's plenty of time to recover.

Janglenut

Particinator
IC IC, usually I have 2-3 games a week with a 2-3 practices depending on what's going on in the week I may have more or less. Really differs... :-/

oboegoneawry

Don't Touch my Handbag
I remember those days back in high school. Here's one of the most insane hockey weekends I've ever had:

Friday
9:20 p.m. - 3 on 3 tournament game
Saturday
9:30 a.m. - 3 on 3 tournament game
2:30 p.m. - 3 on 3 tournament game
8:30 p.m. - Rec league game
11:20 p.m. - 3 on 3 tournament game
Sunday
6:20 a.m. - High school practice
12:30 p.m. - 3 on 3 tournament game
7:10 p.m. - High school game

I was dead by 10 p.m. Sunday.