WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Who is The Penny Pincher in Your Family?

Slacker

Postaholic
Who are the people in your family that never give anyone money or gifts because they are cheap? Or the people who are too close to their money? The people you ask for 20 dollars but they say no or won't lend any money?

I would have to say my uncle. He is very cheap he won't give anyone any money and if he gives someone a gift it is like a $5 gift cerificate to McDonalds. He holds on to his money too much and you would think he likes it more then anything.

You could consider me cheap but I'm not going to buy someone something that costs a lot of money because material objects don't matter all that matters is the love you feel for someone and I don't need something that was made by some assholes I don't even know to express my love for someone else.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I strain used corn oil through a paper towel in a colinder so I can use it again later... is that cheap? givin i only use it like twice more...

I wish I could be cheap but I'm like a woman when it comes to shoes and clothes. Unfortunatley I'm one of those people that figures I can always make more money.
The cheapest bastard in my family is my dad, even though he doesn't really know where tf their money goes. My mom spends money like water and my dad is none the wiser since he doesn't handle the finances.

PatticusRex

Powdered Toast Man
My dad is the penny pincher, and the pack rat. Keeps every box for everything, and keeps all the old shit he doesn't use. I do it too, but not as bad. He's also the penny pincher, spending more than enough time looking for the best value-quality ratio of everything he buys.

necro

Postaholic
My family is poor as fuck so there is no money to be gave. :thumbsdn:

Nickds7

Unprotected Sleeper
My dad, but also my Grandmother who isn't really related to me (sadly my grandpa died before they got married) but she gives crap for presents.. she is hella rich because she writes college level chemistry books on her own making all the profit and coming out with her 4th edition... i mean what the fuck she is rich as hell but doesnt spend any money? She said we are in her 'will' though.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Linksy said:
Who are the people in your family that never give anyone money or gifts because they are cheap? Or the people who are too close to their money? The people you ask for 20 dollars but they say no or won't lend any money?

I would have to say my uncle. He is very cheap he won't give anyone any money and if he gives someone a gift it is like a $5 gift cerificate to McDonalds. He holds on to his money too much and you would think he likes it more then anything.
None of us, that is why we are poor.

You know, mabye he can not afford more than a 5 $ gf. I got that lots of times for my birthdays, and was thankful for it. I think you are just being a brat about it.

What the hell is wrong with ppl? Gifts are not about what you get (unless it is a dead cat, but that is a diff story) they are about remembering family and friends.

There are many a year where I have given homemade gifts (snowglobes, painted bottles, ect) or just cards. Everyone is cool with that. Hell, there have even been years where I did not get anything for Christmass.

Be thankful, not a bitcher.

Darth

Clitpickle
My mom, I been waiting to get wireless but all I get is shitty dialup.

Most wireless internet costs $50 she has to understand that, who cares what my sisters decision is for school I just want a fuckin decent internet connection where I don't get kicked off.

Nickds7

Unprotected Sleeper
dustinzgirl said:

You know, mabye he can not afford more than a 5 $ gf. I got that lots of times for my birthdays, and was thankful for it. I think you are just being a brat about it.

What the hell is wrong with ppl? Gifts are not about what you get (unless it is a dead cat, but that is a diff story) they are about remembering family and friends.

There are many a year where I have given homemade gifts (snowglobes, painted bottles, ect) or just cards. Everyone is cool with that. Hell, there have even been years where I did not get anything for Christmass.

Nicely put dude. :thumbsup:

magnolia

Postaholic
Definately my sister. She buys christmas gifts at the dollar store or at the dollar spot at Target. If a pair of jeans is $5 it's too expensive. She has to penny pinch though cuz the college she goes to costs $30,000 a year. She's insane.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
To be very honest, I suppose I am. I'm such a lazy ass when it comes to shopping. Never been a fan of shops. The biggest problem I find when it comes to buying gifts for significant others is knowing what to get. Where do I start. For example - i know my mother wants a salad bowl set...but thats hardly a thoughtful present, is it? I suppose it's the thought that counts.

magnolia

Postaholic
Piro said:
To be very honest, I suppose I am. I'm such a lazy ass when it comes to shopping. Never been a fan of shops. The biggest problem I find when it comes to buying gifts for significant others is knowing what to get. Where do I start. For example - i know my mother wants a salad bowl set...but thats hardly a thoughtful present, is it? I suppose it's the thought that counts.
If you take the time to find out what they really want then it is a very thoughtful gift. I don't see the problem with giving someone something that you know they want instead of stressing about a really thoughtful gift that they probobly wouldn't use very much.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I am the most thrifty of anyone in the family in that my money is not spent before it is earned. However, I am the most generous on holidays.

Slacker

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:

O.k. you do not know my family that well so practice what you preach. He can afford more than that but thats all he wants to give. He is a wealthy person but is too caught up with is money that he barely cares about other people.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My mom, because we are all kids and we will spend money as fast as it's given to us. My mom has to keep tight reign on the finances, because she is raising three kids on a single mother's salary.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
Everyone in my family is more or less cheap when it comes to giving to each other. But when I first got married, everyone in the family spent money on the kids.

The Kids got cool gifts while we all gave token gifts to one another. Christmas and Birthdays are about love and Love doesnt mean having to break your bank account to gain acceptance from one another.

anyone here Like a good fart Joke? :confused:

Darth

Clitpickle
But now and days everyone expects gifts of monetary value, I know I am cheap but I also have money saved.