Who is your idol.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
Who do you look up to. Singer, artist, actor, whoever. post a picture of the person. If you have more than one post both. Me I have two

Davey havok lead singer of A.F.I.

The two johns singers in They Might Be giants

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Wow...what the fuck is going to happen to the world when this generation is running shit?...I know its kinda generic but, Gandhi. And to prove my duality, Che Guevara. Both men had strong visions for their countries but both had different approaches. If you want an entertainer, i'd have to say Bob Marley...he was such a great man, as well as a fantastic entertainer.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
bigck3000 said:
I know its kinda generic but, Gandhi.

We share the same birthday, RAWK!!!! ... lol ....

I actually don't know who my idols are, or if I even have any. Are there any more real heros in the world?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
I don't really have an idol...

My biggest inspiration for art, poetry and life. Comes from Joe, The Man, Linsner. He created Dawn. A comic book Goddess of beauty and everything that makes being a woman. Great.

http://www.linsner.com/index.asp

Can order any of his prints and see his art work here.

http://www.linsner.com/shop.asp?c=2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This guy needs no words. He taught me the raw power of winning and the honesty of life itself.

I never meant the man, but I watched him everyday on the track. I watched him work magic with a race car. When the chips were down and they counted him out… he would somehow find a way to sweep that checker flag. He is the stuff legends are made of and is FOREVER missed. I will personally never forget the legacy he left on the track. #3 Forever.

#8 My current racing hero. You are the spirit that lives on the reason I still love racing. Go JR!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music

Poe ~ With the most haunting lyrics alive and the most beautiful voice ever. Hands DOWN. Best Female Vocals

Snake River Conspiracy- raw, edgy and powerful. Lead by a female voice that will leave you begging for more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Heroes.....

My lost hero's Grandfather, my Grandmother, Brad E Hook.

My grandfather, taught me courage, honor. My grandmother gave me wisdom and beauty... Brad taught me sorrow, strength through his life and his death. They are all forever missed.

My other heroes are of curse my mother and father. No matter what they will always be heroes to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The person who inspires me the most. The person who shown me what life is all about. The person who taught me how to love and make love. The one that is truly the biggest hero to me is...

My husband Spc. Jesse R S.
I will get a picture of him soon.

Not just because of his sacrifices in the military, that is only part of it. See my husband took a dream of his. A dream to achieve and make something out of his life. To leave behind something for other people. He has proven to me that dreams are what you make out of them.

He made me realize that it was alright to sometimes close my eyes and follow rather then always try to lead. He took my hand when I thought it was all over, when I thought nothing was left. When I was ready to give up and told me to have faith, where I had none. He made me understand that in order to gain something you must sometimes forgive. That hope with out motivation is nothing.

My husband continues to amaze me everyday. He willing, with out a doubt in his mind volunteered to ensure not only my freedom, but your freedom and the freedom of tomorrow. He joined the army the day we went to war. His eyes told me that he was unafraid, that he was ready to fight for what he believed in. He realized that he could make a different with his life and chose to impact others in a way that few will understand. He shown me what being fearless is about, what duty truly means… what love is worth?

I could not and will not ask anymore or any less of him. At 22 years of age he is more of a man then most I know… for he is a soldier, a husband and my hero. For everything that I am, is but a small reflection of his soul.

I love you Jesse

and I will love you like no other
for i have died a thousand tiny deaths
and everytime I died, I thought of you. ~JML (c)

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
[sky] said:
I posted that in respnse to Chilian's post.
Yeah and I'm saying that your just stating who he's had sex with, how does that have anything to do with that being Chilians "idol"..? For example I could say "Britney Spears is my idol, what else can I say?" Then sky saying "Everyone, thats what you can say." Your being bias just of someones sexual life thats all I'm saying.

supposedtabeme

The Skinny One
bigck3000 said:
Wow...what the fuck is going to happen to the world when this generation is running shit?...I know its kinda generic but, Gandhi. And to prove my duality, Che Guevara. Both men had strong visions for their countries but both had different approaches. If you want an entertainer, i'd have to say Bob Marley...he was such a great man, as well as a fantastic entertainer.

Hehe I just remembered a question made for school of a friend:

Who was a better leader, inspite of the "mission"; Ghandi or Hitler?

I don't have an idol actually; but I can assure I would never choose el Ché Guevara. Looking at his image outside latin america is beautiful, looking at his image being inside latin america it just sucks ass.

Here, mostly posers say their idol is el Ché Guevara. All the "commies" and "bad ass" teens say that's their idol. That's why it sucks so much. Some people does have a little education and know about the history, not only have a shirt saying "he rocks VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!!!"
Fuck that.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Hmm my idol...well in the family, it is my Grandmother (God rest her soul :( ) oh and my Dad...he is great.

Ok so anyone else but family...hmm I would have to say my Fresh. Sci, Physics, and Chem teacher. He is the man :thumbsup:

Oh, and Bill Clinton too :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Who didn't see this coming!

You all guessed it...my idol is John Romero, game designer extraordinairre!

We share much in common, such as a fetish for sick humor, love of games, and overall outlooks and ambitions. He's everything I want to be.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
supposedtabeme said:
Hehe I just remembered a question made for school of a friend:

Who was a better leader, inspite of the "mission"; Ghandi or Hitler?

I don't have an idol actually; but I can assure I would never choose el Ché Guevara. Looking at his image outside latin america is beautiful, looking at his image being inside latin america it just sucks ass.

Here, mostly posers say their idol is el Ché Guevara. All the "commies" and "bad ass" teens say that's their idol. That's why it sucks so much. Some people does have a little education and know about the history, not only have a shirt saying "he rocks VIVA LA REVOLUCIÓN!!!"
Fuck that.

I dont think I understand...why is his image in Latin America sucky? It is true that what he stood for and his ideas are being bastardized for Pop culture...so would the opposite be true, concerning his images here and in Latin America...I dont know...he was truly a man for the people. And despite the "third world-ness" of cuba during the revolution....the man was incredibly erudite and eloquent (go look up some speeches, they make you want to incite a revolution on the spot). It is a shame that he was never in a postion to govern. But yea I want to slap the kids who wear those shirts and I ask "Who is that"...."He was a mexican revolutionary....Jose something"

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ryan Newman. And no, i dont have a pic, out of laziness. But, you have to admire anyone who can win a race with no power steering. almost 2 yrs ago, but he did it. ever since then, he has been my man on the track. Kasey Kahne is coming pretty close, but that is cuz im a sucker for a rookie.