WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

who needs friends when..

hollowd

Fresh Meat
Heh, sup guys.. first post here, though I've been browsing around for a while. Anyways, this morning has been.. interesting, or something. Let me set the scene..

My girlfriend, myself, and 2 other friends have been planning to go lazer tagging for a while now.. (closest place to go is an hour+ away). Due to different reasons, we havn't been able to go until this weekend, more specifically, today. Being that my girlfriend is the only one who can drive, we've kinda had to work with her schedule, as well as her parents. So today was finally a day we could all go.. Of course, thats all too simple for life isnt it?

I wake up to my cell phone's ring going off this morning.. Answer the phone, its one of the other two people (who happens to be my best friend, though I wonder why sometimes). He explains that he'd made other plans with his girlfriend (these plans must have been made this morning.. you know, A WEEK AFTER OUR OTHER PLANS HAD BEEN MADE, but no big deal right? As long as he's happy. *note the sarcasm*) and we'll have to wait till 4:30 before we can go. I told him that that probably wouldn't fly with my girlfriend's (The driver) parents. I couldn't have been any more correct. He ends up getting ahold of her, she talks to her parents, they get mad about the new time, even though we offered to just leave him here and leave at the scheduled time, and she ends up not being able to go. So now all of our plans have been cancelled, and my friend gets to enjoy his day with his girlfriend, while the rest of us sit on our asses at home, except for my girlfriend, who is now somewhere with her parents.

Oh, and it gets better! Now, my girlfriend starts to feel guilty for the whole thing, and then starts text messaging me and telling me not to be mad at him, but to be mad at her, because it was getting too hectic. A few messages later, she tells me she loves me, but she doesn't want to have to choose between the two of us.. (wtf!) I'm not making her do that.. maybe I'm coming off ruder than I thought I was, but whatever. So now my girlfriend is worried about my friend and I, and my plans for the day are ruined, and he's having a great time with his girlfriend. Thank you, dick.

I guess it will all blow over in a few days, but damn.. thats pretty fucking inconsiderate if you ask me. Hell, I don't even care about lazer tag all that much.. I just wanted to spend the day with my gf, but I can't even do that now. And shes upset about the whole thing.. Just makes me want to rip his head off.. Oh well, I'll get over it I suppose.

thanks for listening to me rant :mad:

screw_you_jack

Pig Tails and a Shotgun
Man, these things will happen for the rest of your life... it's called trying to blance freinds with a girl freind.... advice, screw your freinds and go spend some "quality" time with your girl.... don't let the day be a complete waste :thumbsup:

hollowd

Fresh Meat
thats part of the problem, i would be fine spending the day with her, but i cant now because her parents decided she needed to spend time with them since she was going with us. :mad:

I'd say to my friend, thanks dick and then go on about the rest of you life, because he is right, that shit will happen all your life. it sucks :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :mfinger: