WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Who Plays CS:S

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
I was just wondering what you guys thought about the new Counter-Strike: Source... Personaly I think it is a spray whore n00bl3t's wet dream. HS in this game seem to easy... and I know they really didn't change the recoil but the guns still seem to send more shots straight while you are strafing or moving..

Please tell me I'm wrong, and that I didn't waste my money on this piece of crapola?

Descent

Hella Constipated
It's fun, but there's no challenge.

Hence, why I am retired.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Yah, I played it for like 1 hour, then I just got sick of the spray junkies who kept getting lucky, and I went back to 1.6 where I pwn3d all dem n00bes

PS: Is there anyway I can get a 1 day pass to the arcade? b/c my damn nazi ass school blocked every game site, and I need something to do in graphic design class....because I finished everything....

Edit: I tried www.sneak2.net but it can't load the flash games.... plus it takes about 2 hours to load one page....

Descent

Hella Constipated
No, you have to prove yourself and get 50 posts or above. It may not be back up yet, with the new Blue Hell switch.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
its not that that easy, you just have find a server with some relatively good people.

Shaggy2Dope94

My axe is my buddy
i havent played CS:S yet but i hated lucky spray, and hackers i hate them 2

Explosive Flame Bait
CS:S Takes just as much skill as 1.6 - it's just different. The HS box isnt really larger, it just counts neck shots as head shots now like it SHOULD have in 1.6

If you're getting "Pwned by lucky noobs" that just means you're the noob in CS:S. I hardly ever get fragged by noobs... once you adapt to CS:S and remember its NOT 1.6, you'll do fine. They are different games as far as mechanics go and you simply have to adapt.

Alot of the guns have different recoil traits as well.. so just practice with them to figure them out.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
13371 said:
CS:S Takes just as much skill as 1.6 - it's just different. The HS box isnt really larger, it just counts neck shots as head shots now like it SHOULD have in 1.6

Alot of the guns have different recoil traits as well.. so just practice with them to figure them out.
It isn't hit boxes anymore, it is done with pixels or some shit, you have to hit the actual model for it to register.
And the recoil didn't change, my friend rigged up some program that recorded how much higher each shot went with the recoil, and used it in CS and CS:S and claims that there is no noticable difference(he is a complete nerd).

The only thing that I do like about CS:S is the flash bangs, because when you get flashed in CS you can still hear exactly where the guy is....and shoot him...with the new ones you can't hear shit.

And I never got pwn3d in that game, 30 and 10 would be a bad score for me in CS:S

tzedek

Original Member
I used to play it. Had a fun time with it. But, like everyone should I moved on. Its stil in essence a game 5-6 years old.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
tzedek said:
Had a fun time with it. But, like everyone should I moved on.
Yeah, I keep quitting, but picking it up again between sport seasons to waste the time that I don't spend doing homework lol. :rolleyes:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Tzedek said:
I used to play it. Had a fun time with it. But, like everyone should I moved on. Its stil in essence a game 5-6 years old.
Very few game series have enough replay value to be played for more than half a decade.

Sonic, Mario, Doom, Descent, and FreeSpace are the only ones I've played like that.

Total times:

Sonic: 11 Years

Mario: 5-6(?)

Doom: 8 years

Descent: 10 years

FreeSpace: 5 years

As you can see, it takes great designers like Yuji Naka, Shigiru Miyamoto, John Romero, and Matt Toschlog/Mike Kulas to make their games have a 5+ year old lifespan. And very few people have the talent to do that.

As you've probobly already guessed, my user name is named after Descent. That game made me the PC gamer I am today.

When I first sat down to play it, I had a hard time. I don't know why I didn't quit.

But I was awed by the graphics (In 1995!), and I was having a great time. After a week, I had the controls down.

After five years, I finally beat Level 7 without cheating. After I kicked the boss robots ass, I yelled "YES!" louder than I ever did in my life. I ran around the house telling everyone about my achievement.

It took me eleven lives. Now it takes me one to three.

It's moments like that that make you a true gamer.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Dude...... You've played Sonic for 11 years? I think its time to get a new game lol.

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
Descent said:
Hells no! I still LOVE the old 2D ones.
lol, ok ok

I'm pretty bad as well with playing old games I guess. I play Counter-Strike still, and Super-Smash Brothers for N64 with my friends. We are all hard core at it lol.