WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Who's sick of elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin

Clitpickle
103
0
0
#1
Hey,

Well, you guys in America probably don't know, but we are having elections at the moment too. We hear about your presidential elections quite alot on our aussie news, but i doubt you hear much, if anything, about ours. So just letting you guys know we are going through the same shit. So yeah, I am really sick of the Australian elections, and if you are 18 or over here you HAVE to vote, so if you don't have an opinion, or you hate all the candidates, you still have to vote for someone (I am lucky enough to be one of those people who does have an opinion). So yeah i was just wondering how you guys are doing over in the US of A with yours?

sin
 

magnolia

Postaholic
4,093
59
112
#2
I am personally so sick and tired of them. If i see another bush or kerry ad i'm gadda puke. Oh well. That's what the elections are all about i guess. let the mud slinging begin! :p
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#4
WoW! They MAKE you vote over there?? I think they should make everyone here vote, that would be kinda cool. But then when I think about it, if they're going to do that, they should test everyone too, because then there would be even MORE assholes voting.
Sorry, I'm not informed on your issues, which makes me kinda seem like an asshole. I haven't been keeping up lately, I've got issues of my own.
Our elections suck my asshole.
 

sin

Clitpickle
103
0
0
#5
Pachyderm said:
WoW! They MAKE you vote over there?? I think they should make everyone here vote, that would be kinda cool. But then when I think about it, if they're going to do that, they should test everyone too, because then there would be even MORE assholes voting.
Sorry, I'm not informed on your issues, which makes me kinda seem like an asshole. I haven't been keeping up lately, I've got issues of my own.
Our elections suck my asshole.
Yeah, if you don't vote over here you get a jail term...it sucks. I remember this comedy program went round asking people who they were voting for...and most of them didn't even know who was running...I mean...how are we supposed to get a proper outcome if people just vote for any fucking one.

The big issue over here is 'honesty' in government....but who the fuck has heard of an honest politician....I belived in Father Christmas when i was a kid...which was fair enough...but an honest politician...i think i'll stick with Santa.

So, how long do you guys have camaigning for? We have 6 weeks here...and i think we are into about the second...and it is pissing me off soooo much....if you don't have Pay TV (i think it's called cable in America) you only get 4 channels...and they are constantly broadcasting all the election shit...and to be completely honest...right now there is a coverage of the election news...god damn it.

I have to say, however, it can be pretty funny sometimes...like when they slip up...or get real shitty with each other and chuck hissy fits...hahaha...nothing like a politician punch-up...
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#6
Well.. Our campaigns last 4 years until the next loser comes into office, then we campaign another 4 years to get him out, and so on and so forth.
 

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
1,218
0
0
#7
I'm sick of the election too.. .. ... wait.. were it not for the election I would have only .. 5 posts.. nevermind...
 

Pachyderm

I really did.
802
0
0
#8
Yeah.. pretty much me too.. sept I have other areas of expertise.. like the writers' block.. or relationships.. I can't help it if I am all-world, my dad always said I was.
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#9
What they should do is make voting easier. They should give everyone an absentee ballot so they can mail it in instead of having absurdly long lines at the polls.
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#10
i m sick of threads about elections. and politics. and why the world is shit. and how so and so will make it all better. shut up already. the world is shit because humans are greedy fucking assholes. the world will remain to be shit, and it does not matter who is in charge of our politics, because they are greedy fucking assholes, or they would not be in the spot light trying to get elected in politics.
 
11,052
398
382
#11
dustinzgirl said:
i m sick of threads about elections. and politics. and why the world is shit. and how so and so will make it all better. shut up already. the world is shit because humans are greedy fucking assholes. the world will remain to be shit, and it does not matter who is in charge of our politics, because they are greedy fucking assholes, or they would not be in the spot light trying to get elected in politics.
DG for president...

or are you not allowed to have women for president?

hell, i don't know.

we're allowed having women for prime minister.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#12
We're allowed... it's just never happened.
 

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
585
0
0
#13
NoSubstance said:
We're allowed... it's just never happened.
"I definately think that a woman could be president someday. As soon as i see a woman who could, I'll be sure to tell you"
-Some guy I forget
 

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
26,094
178
0
#14
Unforgiven said:
DG for president...

or are you not allowed to have women for president?

hell, i don't know.

we're allowed having women for prime minister.

when I am president, my first order of biz will be to assasinate martha stewart, I hate that fucking bitch. Then next on my list is brittney spears, fucking whore. I will make it a LAW that music history, whether it be rock and roll or classical or whatever, be taught from Kindergarten to 12th grade, and the record companies will pay for it.

Next on my list is wal mart, for putting out shitty cheap ass products that everybody buys because they are broke, but it looks cool.
 
#15
w..wha?

wait unforgiven how do u even know that they have women prime ministers u live in the us dont u?


hell women can be persedent

if i were peresedent i would make my ex b/f say that i am the queen of the world when i knew that i aint happening

killin martha stuart can i help???? :g :cookie: :bonk: :sfork: :rockband: :smash: un:
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#16
All right! Who's the ass mining, spunk junkie that brought up politics outside of "the issues"?
 
11,052
398
382
#17
dustinzgirl said:
when I am president, my first order of biz will be to assasinate martha stewart, I hate that fucking bitch. Then next on my list is brittney spears, fucking whore. I will make it a LAW that music history, whether it be rock and roll or classical or whatever, be taught from Kindergarten to 12th grade, and the record companies will pay for it.

Next on my list is wal mart, for putting out shitty cheap ass products that everybody buys because they are broke, but it looks cool.
yay. DG for president :)

vampirechick209 said:
wait unforgiven how do u even know that they have women prime ministers u live in the us dont u?


hell women can be persedent

if i were peresedent i would make my ex b/f say that i am the queen of the world when i knew that i aint happening

killin martha stuart can i help???? :g :cookie: :bonk: :sfork: :rockband: :smash: un:
1) i'm not american
2) nobody likes you
3) go away
 
11,052
398
382
#18
MaxPower said:
All right! Who's the ass mining, spunk junkie that brought up politics outside of "the issues"?
sorry, sir.

*hides in the corner*
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#19
I say everyone should vote for me... let me control the world... yep me
 
Status
Not open for further replies.