WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wht is exactly... "Punk".... What's exactly a "Poser"...

Lexikinz

Diva of Distruction
i think this whole thing is a matter of oppinion and cant be solved, however, i dont think it is possible to be a poser unless you claim to be something, after that if some one thinks your not, you could get called a poser, and it is still just an oppinion thing

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
Why does it matter if someone thinks you're not something? Not every person knows every other person and a lot of people will pass judgement before they get to know someone. You could sit there and say "this person is definitely a scumbag" because of the way they dress, or you can actually get to know them and learn the truth. Because there are just as many shitheads who dress neatly and in expensive clothing than people who look like crap.

God damnit, I should have killed this thread by now because I've already proven all the points that needed to be proven, what the fuck more do you people want? It's all shit and if you disagree, you suck. Fuck labels. Fuck you if you label or judge people. Labels are the hallmark of a society too lazy to get to know itself.

I'd also like to prove another point while I'm at it. This is a picture from a show I went to last night. Take a look at it:

There I am, the kid in the red shirt. Look at the people around me. A sea of dirty crust punks, long haired metal heads, and grind fanatics. Then you also have me, looking like the fucking dork that I am. Kind of a hardass looking dork by my shoes and torn up pants, but the point still stands. We're all in the same place having the same fun time getting into the same music. I didn't know most of the people I was in the crowd with, but that0shirt. Look at the people around me. A sea of dirty crust punks, long haired metal heads, and grind fanatics. Then you also have me, looking like the fucking dork that I am. Kind of a hardass looking dork by my shoes and torn up pants, but the point still stands. We're all in the same place having the same fun time getting into the same music. I didn't know most of the people I was in the crowd with, but that didn't matter. Look at that picture and tell me you can honestly tell who's a nice guy and who's an asshole in that picture. You CAN'T. YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE PEOPLE. WHO GIVES A FUCK HOW SOMEONE LOOKS, YOU CAN'T JUDGE SOMEONE'S CHARACTER JUST BY LOOKING AT THE WAY THEY DRESS. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. WAKE UP. LABELS ARE FUCKING MEANINGLESS!!!!!!

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
screwy said:
Punk: Was into the scene before 1983

Poser: A stupid overused buzzword.

LOL. Was the a slip up or just you being wierd and expressing your past life.

edited: Lampy, I agree. Fuck labels. Thats my attitude. I admit I say shit about people, but its out of anger. I dont sit there and think it about them 24/7.

Its fucking bullshit.

HoneyImHome

sugar-coated cynicism
TheLampIncident said:
There I am, the kid in the red shirt. Look at the people around me. A sea of dirty crust punks, long haired metal heads, and grind fanatics. Then you also have me, looking like the fucking dork that I am. Kind of a hardass looking dork by my shoes and torn up pants, but the point still stands. We're all in the same place having the same fun time getting into the same music. I didn't know most of the people I was in the crowd with, but that0shirt.
Sorry I just had to do this. Isn't calling the other people there: "A sea of dirty crust punks, long haired metal heads, and grind fanatics" labeling??? :p

/me runs and hides now

kokorami

Asshole
Punk - A useless label. Generally used by people who are shallow, single-minded and stupid.

Poser - Someone who dresses and acts like something they're not, just so they could be with the "in" crowd and/or be accepted by a certain group of people because they are afraid of being rejected.

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
HoneyImHome said:
Sorry I just had to do this. Isn't calling the other people there: "A sea of dirty crust punks, long haired metal heads, and grind fanatics" labeling??? :p

/me runs and hides now
If they label themselves...

Whether the names of the labels are there or not, the point still stands they don't mean anything and people can get along regardless.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
Ironically, I just rented a video called "Punk Attitudes". it has every orriginal member who started out at CBGB's (Country BlueGrass and Blues) in NYC.

Patti Smith, New York Dolls, Ramones, etc and even later the british version of what Punk Is.

I was wrong about the Ramones being dubbed punk first from a teen mag. It was a CBGB comix book put out by the club that had The Ramones on their first cover and decided to name the Magazine "Punk"

it's pretty interesting, It has Souxsie Sou (sp) and a whole other regulars being interviewed telling their side of what happen during the begining of Punk Music.

It's pretty decent and alot of cool archive footage from that period. Only thing Im pissed off is there arent any Music Videos which I thought there would be. Its just a documentary with a few old footages from the club. Some orriginal Ramones performances.

King Goldfish

Banned - What an Asshat!
UberSkippy said:
If you don't know the difference you're a poser.
me?

I don't think Im a poser. Since I wasnt really into it as a kid. I hung out with kids who were. I like it, I see punk in a different way. Punk to me was course, fast paced music. Hard to describe in words for me. But, I never thought of Ramones as "Punk". even though they would finish a 4 minute song in 50 seconds.

I was more into underground velvet, Siouxsie and the banshies, Motels, Romeo Void, Echo and the bunnymen, Clash.

Some say Clash is Punk. I just think of them more like the Kinks.

never really liked Sex Pistols or the Damned.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
My Definition of Punk
1.Anyone who doesn't follow the other molds of physical demonstration and musical connotations that are the fundamental truths of normative society.
2.Or anyone that irks me.
3. The sound sperm makes when it hits the back of your throat. Not that I would know.

My kids definition of Punk:
Anyone who beats them at any game or as a substitute for various descriptive expatives.

Jail definition of Punk:
A guy who swallows and or takes it in the ass---and likes it.