WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why against the mac?

Mr. Sandman

acidum arsenici
I would just like to know why everyone hates the mac? I'm using a G-5 right now and it works perfectly. I can do anything that all you other people can on a PC, and most of the games for PC are also for mac. And the mac has one of the most reliable movie editors on the planet. Final cut pro 3 ,which I use to edit all my material. I ask you now..why the hate?
:cool:

skully

GO BEARS!!!!
not everyone hates mac. I have a mac and i love it. Its just a matter of opinion. Most people feel that pc's are more userfriendly, which might be true. However, once you get to know how to work one, its a amazing computer.

tee hee hee
i dislike macs
they r soooo farkin expensive
like windows laptop will cost u bout R15000
macs on the other had cost bout R27000
almost double here in south africa
thats one reason

i work on a windows network
and sometimes clients need to b on my network and they cant get to certain places
ie if they need to load our printer driver they will not find it because macs can t see our network
so u cant do everything i can do with windows

Jung

???
Premium
and most of the games for PC are also for mac.
If by "most" you mean less than 10%, then you would be right. Macs aren't for games. Period, and this isn't going to change any time soon. Only games written in OpenGL can be ported to the Mac. Most games today are written in DirectX though, so they never even get considered for the Mac.

+1 on jung's comment.

Macs are more for professional purposes, mainly in the film and graphic design industries.

Don't get me wrong they're great home computers. I'm on one of 7 macs in my house right now. And yes, they're more expensive. But I'd happily pay the extra, what $500 in order to get programs like imovie, iphoto, and ichat as well as have the ability to run awesome programs like motion and final cut that the PC just doesn't have an equal. I also HATE the window's OS and love things like widgets, spotlight, and the dock that, again, PC's just don't have.

Some people have written programs for windows that try and simulate these OS features, but just don't get it right.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
a mac is a great computer for say, my mother.... but then even she has a PC..

keep your macintrash... :D

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
I like Macs, but I'd much rather pay the extra 0$ for Linux and get the open-source equivalents of iMovie, iPhoto, and iChat. For free.

pwnij

Banned - What an Asshat!
macs are like TOTALLY useless fuck them and fuck yo couch
pc are WAY cheaper

Jung

???
Premium
pwnij said:
macs are like TOTALLY useless fuck them and fuck yo couch
pc are WAY cheaper
Your post amounts to the average, and ignorant, Mac bashing PC fanboy rhetoric. You claim that 'Macs suck" yet offer no proof or reasons WHY they suck. Your opinion is worthless without sustenance, and makes you look like a fanboy.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
I have used both... I just prefer the PC. I find the mac os to be rather poofy, and since i do like to play games alot and most macs aren't built for it, the PC is my choice..

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
I used a mac back in the day, and couldn't right-click anything. I hear, however, that this problem has been solved with the support of multi-button mouses/mice/whatever now.

And as to why I don't like Mac's it's not so much that I dont' like them, but that I, personally, cannot use one as well as I can a PC. That's probably due to the fact that since the Commodore 64, we've had IBM based computers at home.

The unexperienced user, who hasn't had a computer of either format, I'm sure would be better able to provide more accurate reasons.