WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why can't I stop him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
My friend is going to kill himself tonight and he won't listen to me, I'm crying now over it! What if he actually does it this time. I just wanna say something to him and make him stop, Fuck.
Please no annoying no-helping comments because 1. It doesn't help 2, Not really in the mood.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
call the cops or tell his mom....I know it seems like "ohh....you betrayed me." but you wont care if hes dead.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I can't call the cops, I live in Spain but I used to live near him for 2 years. Otherwise I would run over to his house. And doesnt live with parents anymore. :(

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
Go over to his house, talk to him face to face and physically stop him.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I can't I'm talking over the phone with him, Fuck why wont he stop!!

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
call his parents, get in contact witht he police his town. why the fuck are you reading these forums. if i told you that i was going to kill your friend in four hours would you sit here and tell the world about it? go call the cops or his parents or something...

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Dude, call the cops. Even if you live on another continent the police have these really cool things called phones...

Ok, that might have been a bit cruel given the circumstances. If he off's himself you'll feel worse for not doing anything. Call the cops... call his mom... call anyone that could potentially help.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
that's sad meh, i'd advise you to call the police but it sounds like him telling you he will is more of a cry for help rather than his intentions being real. suggest to him therapy, a support group, the church, or try to get some of his local pals involved in seeing him through this rough time. in my country, i think there is a national crisis line you can call toll free and speak to a counselor 24/7...maybe you should get him that number (google it).

this is a heavy burden, you don't deserve to feel like it's all up to you-you can't help him alone on your own so do not take it so hard ok?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i think, in america, at least, its 1-800-SUICIDE for the suicide hotline. but i would call for help first. not to evaluate the situation further, but has he told you how to do it. people are more likely to do it if they have an exact plan for how.

WizardlyFriend said:
i think, in america, at least, its 1-800-SUICIDE for the suicide hotline. but i would call for help first. not to evaluate the situation further, but has he told you how to do it. people are more likely to do it if they have an exact plan for how.
Not exactly true. I know this post isn't much help, but I'm addressing that post.

I have an exact plan of how I would kill myself if I were to do it. Though, I have absolutely NO intention of killing myself. So...yeah.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Meh it all I hope the situation resolves to your satisfaction. If he does do it and you've tried, then it's NOT NOT NOT your fault. Remember that.

Some people just cry out for help because they don't want to die. Some have no intention of following through other than in threats. Hopefully he is one of these and wont call you and THEN follow through. That would suck so much.

I've lost my brother and my father-in-law to Suicide. I have some experience with it. All bad.

My suggestion?

Tell him to do it. If he's serious, he does it. If he's not, then he'll see that he's not getting any attention for it and he won't use the threat any more. This is a win-lose situation no matter what you do.

And really, wtf are you doing on the internet?

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Okay, Once more JUST to clarify, I wasn't on the internet for that long, I was on the internet looking at the forums when he started talking to me on msn, and started explaing, THATS why I posted that, And then I made sure he phoned me, and I was only online for about 10 mins and then went off to talk to him to try and bring him out of it. And I didn't know what to do, Just to clarify ONE more time.

Anyways, I was up until 6 o'clock, talking to him and his mate, but he survived through the night. Thank god.
Thank you.

(sorry I'm very tired.)

Cutter

College Punk
He is only telling you that he is gonna commit suicide cause he wants attention. Just be like if your gonna do it, do it outside so some poor basterd dosent have to clean up the damn mess.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Cutter said:
He is only telling you that he is gonna commit suicide cause he wants attention. Just be like if your gonna do it, do it outside so some poor basterd dosent have to clean up the damn mess.
thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard. even if that is true you never tell anyone to kill themselves especially if they are already threatening to do so. im hoping that that was just a joke, but if it was it was at an extremely bad moment. :thumbsdn:

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Cutter said:
True :thumbsup:, sorry buy I think he wants attention and nothing else :thumbsdn:

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
MrNewbie said:
True :thumbsup:, sorry buy I think he wants attention and nothing else :thumbsdn:
and youre telling him his call for attention isnt working, better try something more drastic?

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
WizardlyFriend said:
and youre telling him his call for attention isnt working, better try something more drastic?
No im telling HER my opinion, which you obviously didn't understand with the pseudo comment of yours.

When people ask if something is right or wrong, they generally aren't asking the universe. They're probably asking for an individual's opinion, or an individual's take on society's opinion. Not whether or not right or wrong exist.

Under certain circumstances, people should be allowed to die. Under others, they shouldn't. What steers this idea? Every case is different.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
gurlgonewild said:
that's sad meh, i'd advise you to call the police but it sounds like him telling you he will is more of a cry for help rather than his intentions being real. suggest to him therapy, a support group, the church, or try to get some of his local pals involved in seeing him through this rough time. in my country, i think there is a national crisis line you can call toll free and speak to a counselor 24/7...maybe you should get him that number (google it).

this is a heavy burden, you don't deserve to feel like it's all up to you-you can't help him alone on your own so do not take it so hard ok?
thats not true 70% of suicides have confided in a friend, family member, somebody that they are close to.

to tell if he is serious you need to find out if he has motive - does he know how he is going to kill himself? does he have a method? a gun a rope, etc etc?

my little sister use to tell all of us she was going to kill herself she is only 12 years old - i went through this!

Status
Not open for further replies.