WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why different racial ethnics were created

MrNewbie

Me Vs. WTF.com
Yesterday I was talking with a good friend of mines for about 3 to 4 hours, mainly on astronomy and why we were put on the earth. I've come to a theory on why we were divided into different racial ethnics.

Theory #1:

I believe that in order to achieve a utopian society, all racial ethnics need to unite as one. Now, in order to understand what I mean by this, let me explain the title of this thread. I, myself, am fairly young. Most of you have had more science experience then I have, considering I'm only 16, but, I've always been an "out of the box" thinker. Basically, in my conversation with a good friend of mines, I was focusing on thinking way outside the box and looking at all possible aspects. In this thread I will explain a few of my own theories, and maybe it will be views that some of you have never even thought of, or maybe it will be views that you've heard that you have answers to. Anyways, I believe that different racial ethnics were created, because each racial ethnic carries a certain talent. I bet if we made a planet and inhabited it with only one racial ethnic, then that planet would not advance in technology. In a way, each racial ethnic needs one another to advance. If this were true, I believe that we will reach a utopian society the day we can forget about our differences and except each other for who we are, and the day we all learn to coincide together will be the day we reach perfection. Notice, how back when segregation was still around, all that happened was chaos and mishaps. Now, segregation has depleted in most parts of the world (other parts are still prejudice and racists), and if we compare how much has been accomplished before and after segregation, well, its a major difference. Each racial ethnic was born with unique talents. Notice how African Americans always say "I could miss each day of practice and still be one of the top on the field", and 9 times out of 10, this has been prooven correct. It seems that the lifestyles of each racial ethnic is a great influence also. In the United States of America, education is very poor, thus why the education percent compared to the rest of our world (earth) is low. Now, the chinese and japanese have year round school and are very intelligent. This is why most things have "Made in Japan" or "Made in China" labels. This is definitely something to think about.

Theory #2:

I'm not 100% sure all of the detail in Newtons theory, but I know that everyone knows it by "what goes up must come down". Now, I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but this theory must be flawed, or atleast is missing a major detail. Basically, this major detail is that gravity has a limit. In this case, the limit of gravity is the speed of sound. How did I figure this out? Well, because we needed to break the speed of sound in order to get out of earth and onto space (Correct me if I'm wrong). So, basically what I'm saying is, that if you launched a ball into the air faster then the speed of sound, gravity wouldnt cause it to fall, but instead the ball would pass the earths atmosphere and would go into space. This is something else to think about.

Theory #3:

Nearly nobody believes in pre-determination and destiny. My friend didnt believe it either, but I thought further into the topic. People say "We make decisions, so theres no way our destiny could be determined", well, thats right and wrong. We do, in fact make decisions, but what are we to say that that wasnt factored in our destiny already? What if every single decision we make has been thought out, and the future that you would have by making that decision has been thought out also? Then, the whole time traveler thing comes into effect. "If a time traveler travels from the past and tells the people in the past what will happen in the future, wont that alter the future?" Well, everyone would say that it would, but you need to think that maybe that was already factored in. What if that person was suppose to travel to the past and tell the people in the past what the future will be like in order for that future to be what it was? I dont think theres a way to prove that I'm right or wrong, but its a good thing to think about.

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
first to your theory #1, things are made in japan or china because it is cheaper to make them there than over here. keep in mind, us has companies over there building stuff. but such things as material, parts, and in fact labor is cheaper over there, so it makes more sense to make it there. it is cheaper to have stuff built over there where the materials are readily available than to ship it over here and build it here. cuz then the cost of labor is higher.

theory #2: the "ball" would not make it into space. for one, if you can launch a ball that far, that has to be one hell of a powerful machine. and two, once it reaches the atmosphere to exit, it would burn up into nothingness. there would be nothing coming down because there would be nothing left of it to come down.

theory #3: i dont think time travel is possible. why would so many bad things have happened if people can go into the past to change it? and if people could time travel, dont you think there would be more rich, free, happy people running around? thats like writing a note to myself to travel back in time and give me winning lotto numbers or something. i am still just as broke! lol..... good on you for such deep topics of conversation though. not that i am shooting down or degrading what you posted, just thought i would throw in my own thoughts on your theories.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Newbie....I commend you for maturing a little bit...so dont get huffy with my responses.

Theory 1- Thats really racist.....thats what old European imperialists used to talk about when they divided Africa up and were contemplating what to do with the Asians. They thought that they could use the Africans for manual labor because they were 'built for it'......and the Asians could become their servants because of their 'timid subservience'.

Theory 2- When you 'break through' and reach 'space' you're not free from gravity....'Orbiting' is when you're being acted on by Earth's gravity...If you think of space as a giant piece of cloth and the Earth and Sun etc are resting on top of this cloth....Its like if you stand up on your bed and you kinda 'sink in' a little bit and anything near you is going to fall toward the depression you're making in the bed....Same thing with this 'Fabric of space-time'....I suck at explaining this shit...but its hugely interesting....definitely read up on it.

Theory 3- I made a thread about the posibility that pre-determination is possible if we consider that one desicion rests on the one before it and so on. So ultimately your fate rests on the first real decision you've ever made....Its really flawed but really cool to think about.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
mrnewbie attempts to use his pineapple for a change. wow, is the world ending? good try. :p

philosophically & scientifically- it is thought we all derived from one "race". did you know that? so i guess we missed the perfection/utopian thing by a few million years. if this is true then different races exist b/c of isolation in vastly different environments. changes that took millions of years in order to better adapt to their habitats for survival are all but differences we now dub as a "race".

ever more admirable are your political/current event views of the world and the associated BS you've bought into. the asians are more studious, blacks are better athletes. white people need to be more integrated...blah, blah, blah. things that people can be good at is called personal responsibility; somewhat culturally influenced but it's not a racial thing.

and lastly, just b/c you throw in some smart sounding catch phrases like newtons law, predetermination and destiny, utopian doesn't qualify your post as such. you may think out of the box at 16, but at 16 your box is still very much in need of attention. stay in it until you are prepared to venture into the big boys world.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
gurlgonewild basically said what I wanted to say for theory 1..Same to ck for theory 2..But if I can add something about #2, the velocity you would need to throw a ball outside of earth's gravity field is way greater than the speed of sound. It's something around 11 kilometers per second, the speed of sound being only 345 meters per second. (I'm not talking about getting out of the atmosphere..The moon is out of our atmosphere but still in the earth's gravity field)

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
BigTexMarine25 said:
theory #2: two, once it reaches the atmosphere to exit, it would burn up into nothingness. there would be nothing coming down because there would be nothing left of it to come down.
No, it wouldn't. First, it won't "reach" the atmosphere because it's already in it. Second, space rockets don't burn up when they go on the moon. Meteors do, because they travel like a thousand times faster and hit the atmosphere real hard. If you launched a ball at 11 kps, it wouldn't burn up (well actually it depends what the ball is made of but whatever)

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
RageAgainst said:
No, it wouldn't. First, it won't "reach" the atmosphere because it's already in it. Second, space rockets don't burn up when they go on the moon. Meteors do, because they travel like a thousand times faster and hit the atmosphere real hard. If you launched a ball at 11 kps, it wouldn't burn up (well actually it depends what the ball is made of but whatever)
the ball wouldn't burn up if its made of titanium and that space shuttle material that cools really fast

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
RageAgainst said:
rockets dont burn up because they have the heat plates on the bottom and front that bear the heat so that the rest of the ship doesnt have to and burn up. that is why it comes in at an angle instead of straight in. that is also why the last space shuttly blew up. a few of those plates came off and there was nothing in that area to take the heat so it got in there and spread its way through and tore the shuttle apart.

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
Theory #1:
Most scientists say ethnic groups weren't created. They believe we all started in Africa as black people, and spread accross the globe. The different ethnic groups/races gradually appeared (over thousands of years) by way of mutations as a biological response to the new conditions our species began inhabitting. Same thing BigTex, BigCk3Million and GGW said.

Theory #2:

I'm not 100% sure all of the detail in Newtons theory, but I know that everyone knows it by "what goes up must come down". Now, I'm not sure if this has been discovered before, but this theory must be flawed, or atleast is missing a major detail. Basically, this major detail is that gravity has a limit. In this case, the limit of gravity is the speed of sound. How did I figure this out? Well, because we needed to break the speed of sound in order to get out of earth and onto space (Correct me if I'm wrong). So, basically what I'm saying is, that if you launched a ball into the air faster then the speed of sound, gravity wouldnt cause it to fall, but instead the ball would pass the earths atmosphere and would go into space. This is something else to think about.
Newton's Laws of Physics are approximations the Relativistic Physics that work extremely well on Earth. Newton's laws of motion, gravity and thermodynamics fail when objects have velocities more than tiny fraction of the speed of light.

Theory #3:

Time travel is a scientist's wet dream and a historian's nightmare. The implications go beyond science, into metaphysics.