WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why Do Fascists, I mean Neo-Cons, Hate The ACLU?

I've noticed that many Neo-Cons hate the ACLU and I wonder why they hate the ACLU. The ACLU only protects our basic rights that the fascists in Washington are trying to destroy, so why hate it? If it weren't for the ACLU things would be very shitty in America, there'd probably still be segregation, the rights of the people would be trampled on constantly and we'd be living under a fascist dictatorship. Hell, they're the real patriots in our country that is filled with false patriots such as Ashcroft, Gonzalez, Bush, and the rest of those Neo-Cons.

One of our own founding fathers, Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, said "One who would sacrifice freedoms for temporary security deserves neither." Doesn't that say something about how our country has swayed from what it was originally founded on?

On an ACLU dvd I got today titled "Freedom Files, Beyond The PATRIOT Act" they had an old lady talking about the PATRIOT Act and what the Neo-Cons have been doing said "It scares me what's happening today because as a child the same thing happened in Germany when the Nazis took power. The rules kept getting stricter and stricter." Or something along those lines, the bottom line is we're becoming a fascist nation. :thumbsdn:

The USA is, and has been for some time, more or less an oligarchy, a government by the few.
I think it can best be summed up with this quote from Abraham Lincoln:
Abraham Lincoln said:
"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."
-- U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864
(letter to Col. William F. Elkins)
Ref: The Lincoln Encyclopedia, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I Hate The FCC said:
I've noticed that many Neo-Cons hate the ACLU and I wonder why they hate the ACLU. The ACLU only protects our basic rights that the fascists in Washington are trying to destroy, so why hate it?
You answered your own question right here.

ORindierocker

Go kill yourself.
shut up.

I am a conservative and I don't understand what you're saying. If you liberals call us fascist, I guess it would be fair to call you a communist right? You're wrong to call anyone with a positive view of the United States a fascist or even a communist. And you say that they hate the ACLU. What makes you say that? Because the ACLU tries to tie our bill of rights with those not originally protected in it? "We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people"-that's a piece from the ACLU's site. I've noticed that the ACLU tries to pass gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman as stated by our founding fathers. If you are so willing to keep our rights and all, then why do you support an organization trying to change it. It's insidious; it promises to keep our bill of rights the same yet it tries to change them. That's why the ACLU is retarded.

All you ACLU supporters are just a bunch of paranoid retards. You're just worried that all our rights will be slowly taken away and blah blah blah. You know what? You don't have to worry about that. Because everyone believes in a free America. All political parties do. And as long as I live, I will make sure I live freely. So stop worrying and stop comparing us to nazi's.. because believe it or not.. we're trying to keep our laws how they are supposed to be.. not change them.:mfinger:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
ORindierocker said:
I am a conservative and I don't understand what you're saying.
Common sense would dictate you stop right there and hit the "back" button.

ORindierocker said:
You're wrong to call anyone with a positive view of the United States a fascist or even a communist.
He never mentioned anybody with a positive view of the United States, let alone calling them a fascist or even a communist. Once again, common sense escapes you.

ORindierocker said:
"We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people"-that's a piece from the ACLU's site. I've noticed that the ACLU tries to pass gay marriage.
They're fighting for equality for all Americans? THOSE BASTARDS!

As a moderately wealthy white male, I suggest we shut down those ACLU pinkos immediately! The Great American Melting Pot was never meant for minorities!

ORindierocker said:
Marriage is between a man and a woman as stated by our founding fathers.
Which is dictated by religion. Separation of church and state, smart guy.

ORindierocker said:
If you are so willing to keep our rights and all, then why do you support an organization trying to change it.
Wow, you're really bad at this common sense stuff. He's supporting an organization that fights for more rights.

By the way, the ACLU never promised to keep the Bill of Rights or the Constitution the same, nor are they trying to "change" them. Both have many issues that were purposely left broad in order to accomidate changing times. Imagine that.

ORindierocker said:
All you ACLU supporters are just a bunch of paranoid retards. You're just worried that all our rights will be slowly taken away and blah blah blah. You know what? You don't have to worry about that. Because everyone believes in a free America. All political parties do. And as long as I live, I will make sure I live freely. So stop worrying and stop comparing us to nazi's.. because believe it or not.. we're trying to keep our laws how they are supposed to be..not change them.:mfinger:
...And you resort to name calling and propaganda. Good stuff. Now, before you go calling me a "retarded paranoid ACLU supporter," keep in mind that I don't believe this country is in line for any sort of fascist takeover or whatnot, but that doesn't mean the government should walk all over the people's freedoms either.

First off, sorry about this to Nailbomb, who ripped this guy apart quite well, but I'm bored and this guy is a sitting duck.
ORindierocker said:
I am a conservative and I don't understand what you're saying.
He is saying, that neo-cons, such as yourself, have a tendency to despise the ACLU. It's actually very simple.
If you liberals call us fascist, I guess it would be fair to call you a communist right? You're wrong to call anyone with a positive view of the United States a fascist or even a communist.
Here's a question, what's wrong with communism? It's a system you don't even understand, whereas I understand fascism all too well.
And you say that they hate the ACLU. What makes you say that? Because the ACLU tries to tie our bill of rights with those not originally protected in it? "We work also to extend rights to segments of our population that have traditionally been denied their rights; lesbians, gay men, bisexuals and transgendered people"-that's a piece from the ACLU's site.
Oh my god! A civil liberties organisation trying to get rights for thode often denied them, whatever will they think of next? These people are as American as every other American, they are currently not treated as such. Fifty years ago, the same could have been said of African-Americans.
I've noticed that the ACLU tries to pass gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman as stated by our founding fathers.
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

If you are so willing to keep our rights and all, then why do you support an organization trying to change it. It's insidious; it promises to keep our bill of rights the same yet it tries to change them. That's why the ACLU is retarded.
Ever heard of a little thing called PROGRESS? Our current system ain't exactly perfect, so any attempt to improve upon what we have, so long as it is actually an improvement, is A-OK in my book.
All you ACLU supporters are just a bunch of paranoid retards. You're just worried that all our rights will be slowly taken away and blah blah blah. You know what? You don't have to worry about that. Because everyone believes in a free America. All political parties do. And as long as I live, I will make sure I live freely. So stop worrying and stop comparing us to nazi's.. because believe it or not.. we're trying to keep our laws how they are supposed to be.. not change them.:mfinger:
You think the ACLU isn't needed now more than ever? Take a look at this thread. http://forums.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=13220

Again, this guy has been torn to pieces but there's one small piece of what he said that's never been addressed.
I am a conservative and I don't understand what you're saying. If you liberals call us fascist, I guess it would be fair to call you a communist right?
Look at my avatar stupid, I am a Communist so yes it would be fair to call me a Communist. :rolleyes:
I've noticed that the ACLU tries to pass gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman as stated by our founding fathers. If you are so willing to keep our rights and all, then why do you support an organization trying to change it. It's insidious; it promises to keep our bill of rights the same yet it tries to change them. That's why the ACLU is retarded.
In no part of the Bill of Rights does it say 'marriage isn't for fags!' It says that all people are created equal and we all have rights, even gays.
ORindierocker said:
Right, that's why with the PATRIOT Act the government can go into your house search everything you own and not tell you? If that doesn't sound like a destruction of the BIll of Rights I don't know what is!

Your whole argument seems to revolve around the opinion that 'it can't happen here!' well guess what Blackshirt, it is happening here and we will end up a fascist state because of ignorant douche bags like you.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
After reading a bunch of conservative stuff by people like this guy, I've come to the conclusion that people who support the neo-con policies are idiots.

JLXC

Premium
I think it's more insidious than just being idiots. Neo-cons are either wealthy or wannabe's who assume, rightly so, that as long as they have money they don't have to care, and not only that but they actively don't give a shit about the "common folk" because they know as the elite their rights are a given. They will give some lip service, but when push comes to shove, it's "every man for himself".

Some of the "liberals" are dumb asses all their own, and I could rip them a new one too, but the neo-cons are just selfish assholes, and I detest every one I've ever met. I've given them the chance to hang themselves in conversation, and they always do. They say something racist, or homophobic, or some remark about the "poor". They are to a man, and woman, so far in my life, Assholes the world would be better off without.

So while some liberals I've met are fucked up too, the Neo-cons win the Assholes of the world award.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
JLXC said:
I think it's more insidious than just being idiots. Neo-cons are either wealthy or wannabe's who assume, rightly so, that as long as they have money they don't have to care, and not only that but they actively don't give a shit about the "common folk" because they know as the elite their rights are a given. They will give some lip service, but when push comes to shove, it's "every man for himself".

Some of the "liberals" are dumb asses all their own, and I could rip them a new one too, but the neo-cons are just selfish assholes, and I detest every one I've ever met. I've given them the chance to hang themselves in conversation, and they always do. They say something racist, or homophobic, or some remark about the "poor". They are to a man, and woman, so far in my life, Assholes the world would be better off without.

So while some liberals I've met are fucked up too, the Neo-cons win the Assholes of the world award.
Most people who voted Bush live in the poor states of the south and west. Rednecks, if you will. Wealthy, selfish people support Bush, but the mass of people who make him win are definitely not wealthy. Just ignorant.

Jung

???
Premium
ORindierocker, First off, let me tell you how hard I laughed at the thought of a conservative “indie rocker.” That just made my day.

Ok, now down to your ridiculous post...
ORindierocker said:
If you liberals call us fascist, I guess it would be fair to call you a communist right?
And by what retarded logic does liberal equal communist?
And you say that they hate the ACLU. What makes you say that?
Probably comments like you just made! Although I will say that generalizations are ignorant.
Because the ACLU tries to tie our bill of rights with those not originally protected in it?
It's called progression, and any nation that doesn't progress is doomed to fall.
I've noticed that the ACLU tries to pass gay marriage. Marriage is between a man and a woman as stated by our founding fathers.
Nowhere in the bill of rights does it say that marriage is legal for all but homosexuals. You’re little ‘theory’ is either based on bullshit… or ignorance. In either case, you’re still wrong.

You're right that the general consensus back then was that homosexuals were wrong though, and I agree with a lot of what our fore fathers said, but not this. You'd have to be an ignorant bigot to discriminate against someone for such trivial reasons.

African Americans were also once without rights, but we changed that; we progressed. Those who are opposed to gay marriages are no better than racists, and you’re rationalizing if you think differently.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness
And justice for all.
Close minded conservatives tend to either ignore or forget that. If all Americans are equal, then by what logic do you deny the right of marriage to ONLY homosexuals? Perhaps you should look up the definitions of liberty, freedom, ignorance and discrimination.

Let me guess, you’re some staunch religious fundamentalist… or are you just a bigot?
If you are so willing to keep our rights and all, then why do you support an organization trying to change it. It's insidious; it promises to keep our bill of rights the same yet it tries to change them. That's why the ACLU is retarded.
The ACLU tries to both protect the rights we already have AND help create new ones. How is that so hard to understand? Are you really that opposed to progression? It’s a very simple concept: building upon an good foundation; please try to comprehend it!
All you ACLU supporters are just a bunch of paranoid retards.
Read the forum rules, pal; don't make inflammatory generalizations like that. You only show your ignorance.

While you didn’t come out and comment on generalizations (or stereotyping), you’re implications were clear. You said “If you liberals call us fascist, I guess it would be fair to call you a communist right?” Which, to me, implies that you were meeting one stereotype with another to make a point… correct me if I’m wrong?

Yet now you make a horribly ignorant stereotype yourself, in an attempt to make a point. How droll of you.

So was that just one huge typo, or is it hypocrisy?
You're just worried that all our rights will be slowly taken away and blah blah blah. You know what? You don't have to worry about that. Because everyone believes in a free America.
And as long as I live, I will make sure I live freely.
But fuck the next guy if he happens to be gay, right? How typical.
So stop worrying and stop comparing us to nazi's.. because believe it or not.. we're trying to keep our laws how they are supposed to be.. not change them.
Oh, I guess that's why the patriot act allows for suspects to be arrested and imprisoned (read: not just jailed) without evidence, bond or trial. Because we all know that's been around since the 1800s. Hahaha. :rolleyes:

JLXC

Premium
RageAgainst said:
Most people who voted Bush live in the poor states of the south and west. Rednecks, if you will. Wealthy, selfish people support Bush, but the mass of people who make him win are definitely not wealthy. Just ignorant.
I was more talking about the original post about Neo-Cons. The stupid people don't really count, as they are not the ones with the power trying to screw over the ACLU. But I see what you mean.

jamesp

In Memory...
Guys, guys, lay of the IndieRocker. I was reading the bible the other day and I came across a little known passage in Corinthians. It goes something like this..."And let the happy rejoice, for they may be wed in my presence and blessing.......except the fags, they suck...". There you have it, straight out of god's mouth, the neo-cons were right!

PS: Also, same passage, it says that separation of church and state was just a suggestion, and that god really does favor the united states. You go indiedick!