WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why do my neighbors have pro-life signs?

Jung

???
Premium
In their yards? they say; "please vote pro-life". Is this issue on the ballot tomorrow and I've been living under a rock? I guess that's some stupid way of saying "vote for bush". Another neighbor had a "please vote for world peace" sign and it meant Kerry. It's really nice to live in a democracy.

I made an MSpaint sign for my neighbors, I should tape it over their sign. (note this is only sarcasm, although it would be funny.)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
junglizm said:
In their yards? they say; "please vote pro-life". Is this issue on the ballot tomorrow and I've been living under a rock? I guess that's some stupid way of saying "vote for bush". Another neighbor had a "please vote for world peace" sign and it meant Kerry. It's really nice to live in a democracy.

I made an MSpaint sign for my neighbors, I should tape it over their sign. (note this is only sarcasm, although it would be funny.)
Holy Crap... That sign is funny as fuck. You should print this out and paste it over their sign. :thumbsup:

Zickddot

Banned - What an Asshat!
lol, those damn neo nazi christian conformists, always saying "a fetus knows that your going to kill it" i swear, sometimes i cant stand it. a womens body is hers, thats like saying that u must support a parasite if it attaches to your arm :mad:

magnolia

Postaholic
Well, this is quickly turning into an issues topic. I think that if a woman gets herself into a situation where she becomes pregnant, with exceptions such as a rape, she needs to have the child becuase who's to say that we can play God? Yes, it's the woman's body, but I don't think u should choose life or death for someone else. Who knows if u're killing the next Einstine or something?

And yes, u have been living under a rock. Pro-life, pro-choice has always been an issue in the campaigns and not just the ones for this year.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i'm pretty sure he meant issue on the ballot. as in you can vote for or against it...i dont think it matters, it could have been the next einstein but by that same logic it could have been the next hitler....this country is going to be fucked if we succumb to these crazy ass fundamentalists

Jung

???
Premium
magnolia said:
Well, this is quickly turning into an issues topic. I think that if a woman gets herself into a situation where she becomes pregnant, with exceptions such as a rape, she needs to have the child becuase who's to say that we can play God? Yes, it's the woman's body, but I don't think u should choose life or death for someone else. Who knows if u're killing the next Einstine or something?
I think you were the first to make this an "issues" topic. My posts was blatantly sarcastic and meant to be comedy. But I'll appease your desire for conversation relevant to abortion.

Women should have the choice for abortion reguardless of situation or stipulation. When we have seperation of church and state(although only supposedly) you can't bring your God or any other gods into the descision. The issue of playing god is completely irrelevant; nobody knows if he/she/it even exists or what his descision would be on this matter. Least we forget that some people don't even believe in "god." I support pro choice, with the exception on partial birth abortion. Abortions can also aid in stem cell research, if people wouldn't be so close minded. Technically you aren't killing a life, as the foetus can't survive independant of the mother, much less out side of her womb. Technically, parasite would be a more appropriate term. Liken it to "do not recesetate", if you will. Sure the heart is beating etc, but it isn't yet a life, in the most literal sense. Abortions would cut down on the amount of unwanted pregnancys. It makes me sick every time I see how some unwanted child was discarded in a dumpster. Abortion should be offered at free clinics to prevent such heinous crimes. That's my :twocents: atleast.
magnolia said:
And yes, u have been living under a rock. Pro-life, pro-choice has always been an issue in the campaigns and not just the ones for this year.
SARCASM! My point was there are much more important issues this time around. Neither candidate has made much of an issue over the topic of abortion. Nor will abortion be an issue on the ballot, as I stated in my op. :)

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
magnolia said:
Who knows if u're killing the next Einstine or something?

Yeah, that would be awesome if the world had another Einstein...yeah that would be great because Einstein is cool, don't you think?

"E=mc^2" - Albert EINSTEIN

magnolia

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I think you were the first to make this an "issues" topic. My posts was blatantly sarcastic and meant to be comedy. But I'll appease your desire for conversation relevant to abortion.

Women should have the choice for abortion reguardless of situation or stipulation. When we have seperation of church and state(although only supposedly) you can't bring your God or any other gods into the descision. The issue of playing god is completely irrelevant; nobody knows if he/she/it even exists or what his descision would be on this matter. Least we forget that some people don't even believe in "god." I support pro choice, with the exception on partial birth abortion. Abortions can also aid in stem cell research, if people wouldn't be so close minded. Technically you aren't killing a life, as the foetus can't survive independant of the mother, much less out side of her womb. Technically, parasite would be a more appropriate term. Liken it to "do not recesetate", if you will. Sure the heart is beating etc, but it isn't yet a life, in the most literal sense. Abortions would cut down on the amount of unwanted pregnancys. It makes me sick every time I see how some unwanted child was discarded in a dumpster. Abortion should be offered at free clinics to prevent such heinous crimes. That's my :twocents: atleast.

SARCASM! My point was there are much more important issues this time around. Neither candidate has made much of an issue over the topic of abortion. Nor will abortion be an issue on the ballot, as I stated in my op. :)
I've said my peace. And this is a good issues topic cuz u know ppl are gadda argue their points.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I love how Bush says he's "pro-life" even though texas had more death sentences than all the states together when he was governor.

magnolia

Postaholic
Rage against said:
I love how Bush says he's "pro-life" even though texas had more death sentences than all the states together when he was governor.
haha. true. Although capital punishment is a little different than unborn children. But I see where u're comming from. His values don't exactly add up and make sense.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
I think you were the first to make this an "issues" topic. My posts was blatantly sarcastic and meant to be comedy. But I'll appease your desire for conversation relevant to abortion. :)
By default, if you post it in "The Issues"............................need I say more? :)

magnolia

Postaholic
MaxPower said:
By default, if you post it in "The Issues"............................need I say more? :)
well, i moved it to the issues.

and typhoid mary? now i have something to look up. Yay! hehe. I had too many skittles and now i'm hyped up on sugar. So if i sound like a retart it's probobly cuz i'm being one till it wears off. :p

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I'm in favor of first trimester abortions. I can't say when life begins, but I know it is not when the creature is an incomprehensible mass of cells. And if you look at it from a religous point of view, two questions:
1. can a mass of cells really contain a soul?
2. Would it be right to bring a child into a world where it would be unwanted, unloved, and couldn't be well cared for?

magnolia

Postaholic
Hehe that typhoid mary chick was born sept. 23 1869 and i was born sept 23 1986. Freaky.

And ReiMeishin, 1) I believe that u are a living human being from conception and 2) That's what adoption is for. There are plenty of loving ppl who would love to adopt a baby who have been waiting on a list somewhere for years. I know if I couldn't take care of a child I'd put them up for adoption. (assuming that i'd ever get pregnant before I got married which is a slim chance.)

breakology

Kiss my Converse
I have always believed abortion to be wrong, but I support a women's right to choose.

What I really don't agree with (or have a proposed solution to) is the exclusion of the man (if he cares to be a part of it) of the entire decision making process.