WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why do parents hit their kids?

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Like the other day, my friend was over here and he asked if he could scrape his pipe, so after he did so, the phone rang and my dad came into my room and smelt the resin from the pipe. Then I asked him whats wrong and the fucker said we were smoking dope in there, then threatened to kick me out and as he was doing so, he punched me in the chest. Not that hard to do any serious damage but just a bruise. Seriosuly wtf? You don't hit your kids, nomatter what they do.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
smoke-it said:
Like the other day, my friend was over here and he asked if he could scrape his pipe, so after he did so, the phone rang and my dad came into my room and smelt the resin from the pipe. Then I asked him whats wrong and the fucker said we were smoking dope in there, then threatened to kick me out and as he was doing so, he punched me in the chest. Not that hard to do any serious damage but just a bruise. Seriosuly wtf? You don't hit your kids, nomatter what they do.
Sounds like it may be the one thing to set your ass strait!

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
Damn....

I don't know about your doors but mine had locks when I lived with the folks lol. And do that shit somewhere else...otherwise feel the wrath of the daddy chest punch!!...

I would say think about what your doing before you make a mistake...but then again your sitting there scraping a pipe.. :thumbsup:

Clutchtwice

_ потерял душу _
smoke-it said:
You don't hit your kids, nomatter what they do.

I don't know where I would be today if it werent for my moms ass whoopins..I'm 23 years old and still to this day don't swear around her because I'll get my ass whooped.....lmao

Parents just fuck you up for your own good... :thumbsup:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
thats one of the problems with todays youth... they haven't gotten thier asses beat for doing wrong...

parental unit "don't touch that pot on the stove"
kid *touches pot*
kid *gets burned*
Kid *doesn't grab pots on the stove anymore*

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
Parents do it because they want to feel powerful.. If my parents only knew the shit I've done.. Its funny how much you can get away with..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
DanGeo23 said:
thats one of the problems with todays youth... they haven't gotten thier asses beat for doing wrong...

parental unit "don't touch that pot on the stove"
kid *touches pot*
kid *gets burned*
Kid *doesn't grab pots on the stove anymore*
There is a place and time for the beatins! Never in public, and careful who U do it around!

Seriously, Sometimes it is needed, and sometimes it's a little over the top! I rarely hit my son and I don't like to call it that! "SPANKING". He's still a lil'boy! But I dish it out when it's needed, and he knows pop is always there, and knows all...............This still works!...........But ultimately in the end I will always know better than him.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I'm all for time outs, takin shit away from them, grounding and shit.. but kids have to know what the limits are.. they have to know what the consequences are too.... if you never have to smack or spank your kid... well that is wonderful.. you have a very special kid.. most kids in my experience that have had spankings tended to be spoiled little brats.. and the ones that got the shit kicked outta them they usually turned in to intraverts or just extremely unrully bastards... so there is a fine line.. I don't ever wanna hit my son.. but I will.. if I feel its needed..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
DanGeo23 said:
I'm all for time outs, takin shit away from them, grounding and shit.. but kids have to know what the limits are.. they have to know what the consequences are too.... if you never have to smack or spank your kid... well that is wonderful.. you have a very special kid.. most kids in my experience that have had spankings tended to be spoiled little brats.. and the ones that got the shit kicked outta them they usually turned in to intraverts or just extremely unrully bastards... so there is a fine line.. I don't ever wanna hit my son.. but I will.. if I feel its needed..
If you have never had to spank your children then you as a parent are failing! don't get me wrong I hate the task my self but every child goes too far sometime and needs to be set straight!

The one thing I hate about disciplining, is the fact that I end up fuct in the end! I make plans for us or I have my own plans and then my boy gets out of line and now I'm the one that has to do the dirty work. But worst is I have to sit at home with him and make sure he sticks to his restriction. Which means ll plans are in the toilet and I gotta deal with the fucked up attitude for the rest of the day, which almost always lands on the weekend!

breakology

Kiss my Converse
smoke-it said:

That is what is wrong with kids today, to many parents bend to this "don't spank your children" liberal bullshit because of all the worthless ass child psychiastrists who say it gives them inferiority complexes. Then these fuckers take every child with energy and imagination and prescribe them Ritilin and Adderall.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
yeah... they took ADD and changed it to ADHD... hello.. they are kids... some are gonna be hyperactive... hyperactive is bad.. lets give them legal drugs that have the same effect on thier brain as Coke would

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
ADHD ? I used to have that, back in middle school.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
my kids will never take those meds. I have no problem popping my kid in the head or spanking them. I dont really care where I am at. I have had CSD called on me, and they really didnt do much. fuck it. they are my kids. they came out of my uterus, and if they need an ass whooping, then they will get one. but, everyone says I am to easy on them and I let them get away with murder...

fuck_you

Banned - What an Asshat!
well

smoke-it said:
you were dumb for doing that crap at your house...DUY...

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Would you rather me do it outside where he has a clearview of what I'm doing? I don't think so. Other places where I could of done it, he would of seen it, so I thought my room would be the best spot, But since I quit, There isn't a single thing related to pot in my room.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
maybe if you did do it outside then a cop would've arrested you for it! Then after your dad bailed your monkey ass out of jail or whatever , THEN he could've hit you in the chest!

Be glad that he cares enough about you to actually give a shit. Maybe next time your "friend" wants to scrape "his" bowl, you won't let him do it at your house.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
edub1371 said:
maybe if you did do it outside then a cop would've arrested you for it! Then after your dad bailed your monkey ass out of jail or whatever , THEN he could've hit you in the chest!
Umh, A cop? I live 20 minutes from town.

edub1371 said:
Be glad that he cares enough about you to actually give a shit. Maybe next time your "friend" wants to scrape "his" bowl, you won't let him do it at your house.
He's no longer allowed at my house, from me, or my parents.

magnolia

Postaholic
I agree that parents shouldn't beat their kids. But that punch was for emphasis when he was obviously very upset with you. I think that parents shouldn't beat their kids cuz what a cruddy thing to do. A 230 lbs. man against a 30 lb kid. Yeah, I wonder who's gadda win that one? :rolleyes: