WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why do people with a lot of kids.....

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Feel like they are entitled to so much?

Example: Today was a birthday party for people at work with B-Days in July. So there's like 4 pizza's, and only about 10 employees show up. So by the end there were 2 pizza's left. I'm thinking I could take a slice or two home for the family, because my B-Day was one of the 2 people being celebrated for. So I leave the room and come back and all the pizza is gone. I'm like WTF? Then I'm told well X has 5 kids so she took a pizza and Y has 4 kids so she took the rest. I'm like Yeah, So? I might have liked a piece or two, and they all look at me like I'm telling them they are the embodiment of evil.

It never fails. I've lost jobs because of this. "Well Z has 6 kids so she really needs this job, sorry we have to cut you." I'm like "Well I have a family too!" and they just look at me like I've got it so easy I should shut up.

I meet someone new at work and we eventually get around to talking about family I tell them I have one kid, they proceed to tell me they have 5+ and then look at me like I'm supposed to kneel down and kiss their feet because they have it HARD. I was talking about my family and my kid, and someone butts in with "Well I have 5 kids, you don't know how hard that is." I told them flat out that I DO exactly know how hard that is, and that's the reason I had one kid! She was miffed. How dare I! I mean you know people with a litter of kids are just so hard up, they didn't do this to themselves, oh no, we should all feel sorry for them and support them. Fuck that breeder, stop having puppies!!!!!!

I heard a comedian on the radio describe children from families like that as Lottery Tickets, with the parents hoping at least one of them will get rich and support the parents some day. That seems to be a very good point.

In any case, if you have a shit load of kids I not only don't feel empathy for you, I loathe you if you use that as an excuse for why you need so much more special care than me or mine. :mfinger:

only thing you can do, is to have a shit load of kids yourself and complain that you got 10 more kids than everyone else.

So people are idiots, its true having lots of kids shouldn't entitle you to more. At the same time, there are more complex finances. Oh, last of all, try this thread in the Life Sucks forum instead.

I understand the sarcasm, but please understand I have rarely used messageboards before now. :/ :(

Nice profile pic BTW. :D

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Well, I live in Idaho. I went to higschool with a kid that had 13 older siblings and 3 younger. (Yeah, 17 kids, one mom, one dad.) So the passle of kids is par for the course. I hate it.

I've had a woman with a bunch of kids cut in line at the grocery store. When questioned about it, she said "Look, I have all these kids I need to get home and feed and you're here alone so just be patient."

My responce "Hey, just because you can't stop slopping carpet monsters out doesn't mean I should be subjected to standing here LONGER. So no, you get behind me. Think of it as a break. It's an extra five minutes of your life in which you won't be pregnant."

I won. She cried. The checker laughed.

Descent

Hella Constipated
JLXC said:
Feel like they are entitled to so much?

Example: Today was a birthday party for people at work with B-Days in July. So there's like 4 pizza's, and only about 10 employees show up. So by the end there were 2 pizza's left. I'm thinking I could take a slice or two home for the family, because my B-Day was one of the 2 people being celebrated for. So I leave the room and come back and all the pizza is gone. I'm like WTF? Then I'm told well X has 5 kids so she took a pizza and Y has 4 kids so she took the rest. I'm like Yeah, So? I might have liked a piece or two, and they all look at me like I'm telling them they are the embodiment of evil.

It never fails. I've lost jobs because of this. "Well Z has 6 kids so she really needs this job, sorry we have to cut you." I'm like "Well I have a family too!" and they just look at me like I've got it so easy I should shut up.

I meet someone new at work and we eventually get around to talking about family I tell them I have one kid, they proceed to tell me they have 5+ and then look at me like I'm supposed to kneel down and kiss their feet because they have it HARD. I was talking about my family and my kid, and someone butts in with "Well I have 5 kids, you don't know how hard that is." I told them flat out that I DO exactly know how hard that is, and that's the reason I had one kid! She was miffed. How dare I! I mean you know people with a litter of kids are just so hard up, they didn't do this to themselves, oh no, we should all feel sorry for them and support them. Fuck that breeder, stop having puppies!!!!!!

I heard a comedian on the radio describe children from families like that as Lottery Tickets, with the parents hoping at least one of them will get rich and support the parents some day. That seems to be a very good point.

In any case, if you have a shit load of kids I not only don't feel empathy for you, I loathe you if you use that as an excuse for why you need so much more special care than me or mine. :mfinger:
Also, these kids never are entitled to anything as nice as other families.

Damn, the shit I wanted as a kid but we could never afford. My own TV, a Sega Game Gear, a Gaming PC, a CPS2000 supersoaker, the very first constant pressure system Super Soaker ever made, I mean shit, now we can afford all of that. But I STILL don't have a Game Gear or a CPS2000, fortunately I'm getting the former this September.

I can only imagine how lower income families deal with this...Christmas must really suck for them.

Descent said:
Also, these kids never are entitled to anything as nice as other families.

Damn, the shit I wanted as a kid but we could never afford. My own TV, a Sega Game Gear, a Gaming PC, a CPS2000 supersoaker, the very first constant pressure system Super Soaker ever made, I mean shit, now we can afford all of that. But I STILL don't have a Game Gear or a CPS2000, fortunately I'm getting the former this September.

I can only imagine how lower income families deal with this...Christmas must really suck for them.
Not really.

I'm the middle child among 6. True, this past christmas sucked hard because my parents split up shortly before, but past christmases were great.

Who gives a fuck if all I got was a wallet for christmas? Who gives a fuck if we can't afford a huge turkey dinner. Certainly not me. Being with my family on Christmas is enough. Same with any other holiday. Easter, thanksgiving, new years. Whatever. As long as we're together, that's all that counts.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
I have five kids. And it was not any easier when I only had one. I can not stand beggars, and I would never use my kids to secure a job. Thats just sad.

Slacker

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
I have five kids. And it was not any easier when I only had one. I can not stand beggars, and I would never use my kids to secure a job. Thats just sad.
How would it be the same with five kids to one?

Woodreaux

Original Dicksman
JLXC, you just summed up conservative America's strongest arguement against social services. Most of right-of-center Americans will verbalize your rant a dozen times a daty. The average leftward minded American will only do so 8 or 9 times a day.

Sektor

Particinator
UberSkippy said:
Well, I live in Idaho. I went to higschool with a kid that had 13 older siblings and 3 younger. (Yeah, 17 kids, one mom, one dad.) So the passle of kids is par for the course. I hate it.

I've had a woman with a bunch of kids cut in line at the grocery store. When questioned about it, she said "Look, I have all these kids I need to get home and feed and you're here alone so just be patient."

My responce "Hey, just because you can't stop slopping carpet monsters out doesn't mean I should be subjected to standing here LONGER. So no, you get behind me. Think of it as a break. It's an extra five minutes of your life in which you won't be pregnant."

I won. She cried. The checker laughed.
I would've laughed too. lol

On topic, most families around here have at least three kids, so that excuse is useless around here.

We get people like that at the hotel all the time. They use the "but I have kids" excuse and milk it for all it's worth.

Can we keep the pool open late?
No
"But we have kids!!!"

Do we have connecting rooms available?
No
"But we have kids!!!"

"Do you give discounts for people with kids?"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Grrrrrrr.....

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Linksy said:
How would it be the same with five kids to one?
You just duck tape them all together. Doesnt everyone do that?

No, its not the same, but its not any easier having just one. You still have to budget, work, daycare, ect.

Who gives a fuck if all I got was a wallet for christmas? Who gives a fuck if we can't afford a huge turkey dinner. Certainly not me. Being with my family on Christmas is enough. Same with any other holiday. Easter, thanksgiving, new years. Whatever. As long as we're together, that's all that counts.
Ditto.

Although last year we spent a few grand on Christmass, and this year will probably only be a hundred or so per kid, being healthy and together is what is important.

skwabari_shtcak

sugar daddies welcome
Unforgiven said:

I was a single mother for years and our Christmas's were very grim as well. But I think in the long run, it made my son more appreciative of money and gifts. My daughter was raised by her father and he gave her everything she wanted, now she expects me to do the same, she is slowly learning the hard way that materialistic things are replaceable but family is not.
I know a lady back home that has 5 kids and said she had them all because she gets more money a month from the government. (In Canada, we get Child Tax Benefits, depending on your income from the previous year, you get money from the government monthly to help support them.)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Don't get me started. How about those people who use their strollers as human shields and battering rams. Walk through a crowded store and you get these people that clip your Achilles tendon with the stroller. Or they'll walk right out into traffic pushing the stroller way in front.

And how about those people that you have over your house, and every conversation steers somehow to their kids. Or worse, they bring their kids, and all of a sudden the whole social event has to be taylored to fit their kids needs, and everyone has to entertain their kids. Fuck "Put the guns away" and "Send the strippers home, my kid is here" Pffft!

One friday night my band was playing a local place. We got off stage for a break, and went to the bar. Some dumb bitch had her kid in a bassinette(sp) sitting up on the bar. She had the nerve to ask me to turn down the PA system, because it was too loud, and her kid was here. Fucking Lush. Fuck you lady.

BTW, I love kids, and I'm great with them. But there is a time and a place for everything.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Unforgiven said:
Not really.

I'm the middle child among 6. True, this past christmas sucked hard because my parents split up shortly before, but past christmases were great.

Yeah, but you clearly have more income.

When I was six I stuck a matchbox car between the shower doors. Trying to unlodge it, they fell and sliced through all seven layers of my right pinky toe. I had to get stitches at the hospital. So I was grounded in a wheelchair for six weeks due to bloodflow issues.

The very next day after the operation, my father says to me, "Come on. I'll buy you a game system." Well, we went out to blockbuster, plunked down $99 on a Sega Genesis, which i played when I was three and I loved it. I was six now, this was 1994, it was cheap, and that was the only fight my parents had over financials. We couldn't afford that - we just moved to ButtFuck, Indiana.

I mean, we weren't POOR, just middle class. And Unforgiven, I hope you know in America health insurance drives the TCO of living up exponentially if you had the medical problems I did. The pills I was on up until this year were supposed to help me psychologically but after a while just fucked me up.

And by the way, being with my family is more than enough.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Can't answer the whole question but with the case of the pizza, next time, get yours before you get out of the room. When it comes to food, and this goes for people with or without children, people are vultures. The trick is to get at it as soon as possible or you're left out.

Last one gets the crumbs my friend.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
People with more children aleady get a tax break. I have two older brothers, I don't think my parents could stand to have anymore children. What's a beatuiful thing is everyone is different. So, this like many other aspects of life this gets filed under, "Your no better no worse, just keep it to your fucking self." The only thing we owe to whinners is a slap. :slap: