WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why I did not vote for kerry

Jung

???
Premium
Is it so hard to fathom that war could possibly change people's opinion on the topic. If you were to experience it first hand I believe you'd sing a different tune. Also, what's so wrong with communism? It's a great ideal, sadly it's only been orchestrated by evil people in the past. Also, can you make the distinction between pro-Vietnamese and pro- Viet Cong? This site offers no explanation as to the motives for Kerry’s meeting with Viet Cong leaders. He was in the military at the time; could it have possibly been a military tasking? Kerry was trying to fight for a peaceful resolution to the war; we should obviously condemn him for his actions. :rolleyes: The supposed losing of leverage is an opinion; we were there once, could we not go back if a peace treaty failed? Name one peace treaty that didn’t require some form of compromise. Granted Kerry’s methods may not have been the best, but I believe he had good intentions. Also, how long ago was this? Is it not possible that Kerry has matured since then? This website is just propaganda, sorry, but I can’t see it as anything more. I also won’t buy into any site explicitly claiming that our country needs a president that accepts god and claiming that America is god’s country. Our country was founded on religious freedoms; god has no place in our government other than in our leader’s personal lives. That site also doesn’t offer any proof to its claims. Sure, it’s easy to blindly believe anything you read, because it fits your opinion, that’s called being gullible. Maybe you can explain how that is a measure of the truth?

_Kitana_ said:
I honestly don’t know enough about this issue to offer any opinions based on anything other that what I just read. What I just read is not enough to form any intelligent opinions, so I’ll spare you my assumptions. I will however offer offer some comments based on your logic. You say yourself that all of our leaders should be held responsible, but you seem to only be holding Kerry responsible. You yourself have said that with war comes necessary evils; loss of life, murder of innocence, possible death of POWs/capturees etc. You also seem to believe that with the “good” things war has to offer the bad are justified. So, by your logic would it be unfair to assume that these actions were for the greater good of our country? Some times we have to sacrifice one, or even a few, soldiers to protect thousands. Just something to think about.

I'm also curious as to why you're posting your "reasons for not voting Kerry", after the fact. You've never offered these links as reason for your being pro-Bush, until now, when this topic has come up many times before.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Wow, and the Repubs, call democrats, "consperacy theorists" when pointing out Bush's dark side.
That's some major right wing extremest shit. I was waiting to see if they had that article on him eating babies and beating up old ladies. I guess there's some of that on both sides.

Then again, as we all know; if it's on a poorly constructed website, it must be true.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
I honestly don’t know enough about this issue to offer any opinions based on anything other that what I just read. What I just read is not enough to form any intelligent opinions, so I’ll spare you my assumptions.
Very well.... i will gather you more information........

I will however offer offer some comments based on your logic. You say yourself that all of our leaders should be held responsible, but you seem to only be holding Kerry responsible.
no the artical only holds kerry responsible......... From what I see my own through my own research.... My own senter Tom Dashcale (who I voted for) also helped to push this bill through......... had i of known this.... i mighted of voted for thune. Thune won anyways........

You yourself have said that with war comes necessary evils; loss of life, murder of innocence, possible death of POWs/capturees etc. You also seem to believe that with the “good” things war has to offer the bad are justified.
I said that Killing in combat, not capturing.... showing POW on T.V. chopping their heads off, beating them..... then shooting them in front of the whole world and dumping their bodies in the desert. There is no justification of that.

So, by your logic would it be unfair to assume that these actions were for the greater good of our country?
So your saying the torturing of American soldiers, with beheading, beating and murdering them on t.v. brings good to a nation? Your saying that NOT I!

Stop twisting your words into words of mine. Yes death, comes from war, yes people die, few inoccent people get caught in the crossfire. But not MURDERED with their hands tied behind there back for the sheer joy of it. Not stripped of their rights a POW. He just being held captive.

Some times we have to sacrifice one, or even a few, soldiers to protect thousands. Just something to think about.
Yes, Sacrifice, but to take away that soldier of his rights is another thing........ Just something for you to think about.

I'm also curious as to why you're posting your "reasons for not voting Kerry", after the fact. You've never offered these links as reason for your being pro-Bush, until now, when this topic has come up many times before.
I haven't been on the boards for a long ass time............ I wanted to gather more info then what was just seen on this site. From what I have gathered. A lot of it is the truth....... thats my own personal opion, i don't want to link every single site.. you can do your own research. I have always been intrested in VN, I ran across this site by mistake, after running into it.... i sought to find out more about it and why the news was not really covering these vets story.....

I posted the second part more to ask since we are not "Technically at war.... but more of a mop and clean up effort" why is it allowed to be called the "War on Terror" if our men who are captured hold no rights or anything and are denyed protection under the Genvea Convention.

Any of our LEADERS should reply to this, should be held accoutble for it. Not just Kerry.......

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
MaxPower said:
Wow, and the Repubs, call democrats, "consperacy theorists" when pointing out Bush's dark side.
That's some major right wing extremest shit. I was waiting to see if they had that article on him eating babies and beating up old ladies. I guess there's some of that on both sides.

Then again, as we all know; if it's on a poorly constructed website, it must be true.
click and watch the video.......check into the facts not just off this site. This one holds a lot of info.... Take what you can from it and do your own research, don't diregard it as lie. YOu have guy with the medal of honor speaking up against him........ THE MEDAL OF HONOR.... You can not be caught wearing or claiming to have won that medal with out a serious legal action taken against ya.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
On April 23, 1971, while wearing the uniform of a United States soldier, Kerry lied during testimony before Congress that U.S. soldiers, as a matter of U.S. policy and in general had "personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam."
These things happened. I have seen documentaries and interviews with nam vets, even saw one of the nam vets show a finger and an ear he cut off over there. Why is it that hard for you to believe that?

ever seen this picture?? It was taken after the US army bombed a village with napalm in viet-nam.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Rage against said:
These things happened. I have seen documentaries and interviews with nam vets, even saw one of the nam vets show a finger and an ear he cut off over there. Why is it that hard for you to believe that?

ever seen this picture?? It was taken after the US army bombed a village with napalm in viet-nam.
YOu do not really know what you are talking about yes they bombed it but do you see the children being raped murdered killed and the soldiers smiling about.......FUCK no.......

people caught choping off ears and fingers from the "DEAD"...... were given a discharge from the military based on a chapter 8. Meaning unstable mind.
That was not true for the thousand and thousand of people who faught there. They were not baby killers, they were not rapiest, they were not murders......

OMG!!!!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
click and watch the video.......check into the facts not just off this site. This one holds a lot of info.... Take what you can from it and do your own research, don't diregard it as lie. YOu have guy with the medal of honor speaking up against him........ THE MEDAL OF HONOR.... You can not be caught wearing or claiming to have won that medal with out a serious legal action taken against ya.
I don't automatically discount it, just pointing out that it's a far right wing site (and Video) so you have to take it with a grain of salt the way others say you need to take accusations against bush. Same rules apply.
As far as the killing of innocent women and children in Vietnam? Well nobody means to, but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet right? Right now they're serving breakfast in Iraq. What's the difference?

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
MaxPower said:
I don't automatically discount it, just pointing out that it's a far right wing site (and Video) so you have to take it with a grain of salt the way others say you need to take accusations against bush. Same rules apply.
As far as the killing of innocent women and children in Vietnam? Well nobody means to, but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet right? Right now they're serving breakfast in Iraq. What's the difference?

Thats why i said do your own research, listen to what these guys are saying...... hear them out... take what you want from it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
_Kitana_ said:
YOu do not really know what you are talking about yes they bombed it but do you see the children being raped murdered killed and the soldiers smiling about.......FUCK no.......

people caught choping off ears and fingers from the "DEAD"...... were given a discharge from the military based on a chapter 8. Meaning unstable mind.
That was not true for the thousand and thousand of people who faught there. They were not baby killers, they were not rapiest, they were not murders......

OMG!!!!
No shit. Didn't say they were all like that. But it did happen to some extent, and that's what kerry was ranting about.

And btw.. you said "yes they bombed it but.." BUT??? They fucking bombed a village with napalm, but WHAT?? they didn't rape survivors? Wow, how sweet and kind and wonderfuckingful.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Rage against said:
No shit. Didn't say they were all like that. But it did happen to some extent, and that's what kerry was ranting about.

And btw.. you said "yes they bombed it but.." BUT??? They fucking bombed a village with napalm, but WHAT?? they didn't rape survivors? Wow, how sweet and kind and wonderfuckingful.

No Kerry TOOK it too far READ MORE UP ON IT! KERRY CLAIMED THEY ALL WERE THAT WAY AND IT HAPPENED EVERY DAY........ WIDE SPREAD.

not to some extent.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
Very well.... i will gather you more information........
no the artical only holds kerry responsible......... From what I see my own through my own research.... My own senter Tom Dashcale (who I voted for) also helped to push this bill through......... had i of known this.... i mighted of voted for thune. Thune won anyways........I said that Killing in combat, not capturing.... showing POW on T.V. chopping their heads off, beating them..... then shooting them in front of the whole world and dumping their bodies in the desert. There is no justification of that. So your saying the torturing of American soldiers, with beheading, beating and murdering them on t.v. brings good to a nation? Your saying that NOT I! Stop twisting your words into words of mine. Yes death, comes from war, yes people die, few inoccent people get caught in the crossfire. But not MURDERED with their hands tied behind there back for the sheer joy of it. Not stripped of their rights a POW. He just being held captive. Yes, Sacrifice, but to take away that soldier of his rights is another thing........ Just something for you to think about. I haven't been on the boards for a long ass time............ I wanted to gather more info then what was just seen on this site. From what I have gathered. A lot of it is the truth....... thats my own personal opion, i don't want to link every single site.. you can do your own research. I have always been intrested in VN, I ran across this site by mistake, after running into it.... i sought to find out more about it and why the news was not really covering these vets story..... I posted the second part more to ask since we are not "Technically at war.... but more of a mop and clean up effort" why is it allowed to be called the "War on Terror"
Awesome use of ellipses. :thumbsup: Just FYI, an ellipse is three periods(…), used when omitting words. Contrary to popular belief; they're not intended for use as replacement for proper punctuation. (
)

Seriously though; I was speaking more about your views than the articles, did you miss that? I also stated that I was merely trying to prove a point, based on your logic. Of course my opinion of your logic is nothing but. Of course there is no justification in killing a POW on T.V., it’s a tactic of guerilla warfare, shock tactics. I didn’t say that I approved of the actions of those responsible. So, innocent defenseless people don’t get murdered in wars, when did this happen? Does it really matter if they’re U.S. soldiers with their hands tied behind their backs? Innocent people dying for the selfish motives of a leader, regardless of who, are still murder. I’m happy you want to gather more information than just what you find on wtf.com. I couldn’t have a serious conversation with you, nor would I take you very seriously, if you didn't. Although, I think you should do so more often, maybe look a bit harder as well. I’ve looked and didn’t find any proof to the accusations in on that article, at least not from any respectable source. I read a few different accounts, but none offer the accusation of Kerry’s involvement. But while we’re on the topic on that site, let me bring up some other “not so good” things about this war: http://www.usvetdsp.com/atrocities_iraq.htm Also, if we’re not technically at war, could you please explain to my friends why they’re on “stop loss?” Stop loss is only applicable during times of war.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
junglizm said:
Also, if we’re not technically at war, could you please explain to my friends why they’re on “stop loss?” Stop loss is only applicable during times of war.
<In my best Potsy from happy days voice>
It's that pesky "Back door draft". Gee whiz Fonzy, that GW is a real nerd.</voice>

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
on “stop loss?” Stop loss is only applicable during times of war.
Thats what I am saying. We truly are still at war and the goverment is conterdicting itself. I can not believe or goverment would openly say that an american held in capture was not a pow. Stripping them of all rights. But its there... and something needs to be done about it.Also note that these people are not stopping at him just being presdent. They want him out of office all together. That says that either some more info needs to come out about this... or some serious investagation needs to be done. You don't get guys with the Medal Of Honor speaking out against someone for no reason.

tzedek

Original Member
_Kitana_ said:
We truly are still at war and the goverment is conterdicting itself
actually, truly we arent at war since congress never declared war on Iraq or Afganistan or terror...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
_Kitana_ said:
Thats what I am saying. We truly are still at war and the goverment is conterdicting itself. I can not believe or goverment would openly say that an american held in capture was not a pow. Stripping them of all rights. But its there... and something needs to be done about it.Also note that these people are not stopping at him just being presdent. They want him out of office all together. That says that either some more info needs to come out about this... or some serious investagation needs to be done. You don't get guys with the Medal Of Honor speaking out against someone for no reason.
Funny, it sonds like you're talking about bush.