WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why is mom so stupid?

This isn't really that serious of a subject, but my mom is like hellbent over me going to allstars in swimming. This is a direct quote: " Michael, I think you can go to Allstars next year. " HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....no. There is no way on God's green earth that I will be able to go to allstars. Then she says I need to practice more. Then I say : " What? is a 2 hour practice, plus every break during the day, I swim a 500, is that not enough for you? " Evidently she really believes that I can go there. Honestly, even if I tried my hardest, it wouldn't happen. I'm sorry, but I cant drop 9 seconds off my 100 free, cant drop 7 or 8 seconds off my 50 fly. and cant drop 23 seconds off my friggin IM. She must be out of her mind. I'M NOT A FRIGGIN SPRINTER MOM. GET OVER IT. She thinks i'm friggin superman or something. Yes, I can drop 7 or 9 seconds off my 500, thats easy, but i cant friggin drop 7 seconds off a friggin 50 sprint! WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM! ARE YOU DUMB?!!?! Man, I wish I could be her friggin swim coach one day and see how she likes how hard I friggin practice, only to get nowhere. The closest i've got to even coming CLOSE to come CLOSE to come CLOSE to winning divisionals, is 6th place. I dont think she see's that i'm waaaaaay better at soccer and baseball than swimming. I can throw a ball around 75-77 tops. That can be improved by working out and such. Swimming is a different story however. You have to just keep swimming, the weight room wont help much, if at all. Then she comes with this rebuttel ( sp? ) "Well, you're never going to win anything with an attitude like that." I WAS NEVER GOING TO WIN ANYWAYS! Yea, I got a couple of 1st places through the year, only because I was basically swimming against my own teammates ( mainly Mike Johnson ). I didn't really earn a 1st place this year, it was just given to me, spoonfed. That really pisses me off. Some people ( coughmomcough ) have no clue how hard I practice, to not even drop one friggin second in an event. YET, if I practice hard in baseball or soccer, ( in which I do, I practice hared in everything I do ) I see almost instantanious improvement. But does that happen when I bust my balls in swimming( sprints, short distance )? NO! I barely see milliseconds drop. And she somehow thinks I actually have a chance of getting into allstars. I have a better chance of getting into MLS or MLB than going to allstars. Seriously. I'm not Michael Phelps or Ian Crocker or Ian Thorpe. GET OVER IT. I'M NOT THE SWIMMER YOU THINK I AM. I'd rather swim a 500 than a 50 for dogs sake. Dont you see that! I'm more tired after doing a 100 IM than a 500 free. Isn't there something wrong there? Are you blind or something? I'm tired of my parents thinking that i'm a good swimmer. I'm NOT! If I was a good swimmer, don't you think i'd actually be WINNING? WOW!! Isn't that a FRIGGIN NOVEL CONCEPT! GENIUS!! That's all I have to say for now. Good-day!

Hey can you use indents next time instead of one CRAMMED up peice of paragraphs that would be great.

Anyways i know how you feel moms are like that. They always think you can do better all the time. Just tell her "i work hard and if my attitude bothers you just because i do 500... Doesen't mean im perfect. Besides do you know what 500 is?" Trust me this line will help you out and tell her how hard you work.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Hey well she's proud of you. It's actually nice that she thinks you can do that good! It's up to you whether or not you want to put in the effort to push yourself to compete, but that's better than having a mother that tells you constantly you can't do something you want to do. It's much more of a put down when she tells you you can't do something because you aren't good enough.

My mother tells me many times I can't work in a medical office with patients directly because it would be too hard for me. WTF does she think I'm doing now!?! I'm a therapist and I work one-on-one with patients just not in a medical office setting. So I decided if I want to go ahead and work in a medical office with patients, it's my choice and I will just have to count on the rest of my family to hear more supportive comments especially my own thoughts.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Hey your mom's being suportive, she could be worse. I can't count or remember all the time's my mom did shit like that to me and i paid for it in a negitive way. I think its her way of being involved in your life. My mom way allways tring to help me with my car (buy help i mean trying to convinceing me to buy a new one every year) and it always aggrvated me. I think it was just here way of tring to help cause she knew that that was the only thing she knew of, or could sudgest in the matter. I wouldn't worry about it as most mom's do things like this, enjoy it.

I don't want to sound like an asshat, but i'd almost rather her say I can't do it, that would actually be smart on her part to use reverse psychology(sp?). I say this because she thinks that im not good at baseball, or soccer, yet, I keep improving every year. I always for some reason want to do the opposite of what my parents tell me. Therefore, if she says she wants me to go to allstars, my mind automatically says that i'm not going to, and there's not much I can do about it. To add insult to injury, there are 14 year old moving up to the 15-18 section, who could easily beat my ass. So I really dont think I can, even if I tried.

leehype

drunk with a jeep problem
Dizzy your profile age says your in you teens and there are chemicals releced in your brain that make you not want to lissen to your parrents, or athority for that mater. It sucks, I know but you have to remember that she is doing what she is doing because she loves you, and she feels she doesn't much time left before you leave, and she wants to be involved in your life. Its not evil its just annoing.

TeacherzRFerz

Complete Fucking Idiot
well...

Edit by DG: Read the rules and follow them. This is not nice, not necessary.