WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

why is my dad such a fucking idiot?!?

I finally found somewhere that I can vent all he anger i have towards my dad without getting someone into trouble...my dad is just a waste of human flesh to me right about now!
it all started when i found out that my dad(37) was hanging out with my best friend's sister(18)...then i found out that they were smoking pot together...then i found out that my dad was doing meth with her...and i was told that they did inappropriate things...and then i finally confronted Sam(the sister) about it and she denied everything but hanging out and doing drugs with him...and i finally broke down and told my mom about all of it...and she confronted him about it and since all of that he hasn't hung out with her or anything but now he's addicted to meth!
i even stopped going to his house because i can't stand to go to his house and waste my weekend while he runs around with friends and sit in the basement while i watch tv...it makes me sick...
i hate the fact that when i have plans with him he shows up 1-5 hours late everytime...i missed my great grandpa's funeral because he never came to pick me up...
i hate the fact that he has a different "skank of the day" with him everytime one of my family member's sees him and the fact that he is hanging out with people that could be my friends...and even more that he blows me off to hang out with them...
i hate the fact that it's not safe to be in the car when he is driving because he falls asleep and he drives into oncoming traffic and into the cement road dividers...
i hate the fact that he has sold everything that was worth anything to pay his house payment because he lost his job because of something he did while he was on meth...
i hate the fact that i worry about him constantly because he gets himself into things that could get him killed...
i hate the fact that he tries to hide all of this from me when i know every detail about everything that happens to him...and the fact that he tries to tell me that my cousin is a bad person because she is on meth when i know he is doing the same exact thing she is doing and he is worse than her...
i hate the fact that he knows nothing about me yet he thinks he know me...and the fact that everything he does takes me one step closer to wanting to kill myself...
but most of all i hate the fact that i still care about him after all of this shit...
and this is just the short story!!

Clearly he's too immature to be anyone's father. I suggest you confront him with all of this, and be strong, don't stand for his bullshit any longer. You deserve better and he is not worth your time. Simply tell him what you know and tell him that you will not listen to his lies any longer. Confront him with his addiction, and try to help him. Or, the alternative, dismiss his addiction as nothing and let him build his own road to poverty, and ultimatly death. It's all up to how you handle it. You can either help him and help him beat his addiction, or you can ignore him and let him die, after all why should you worry about him? Do what you think is best with the options that you have been forced to make.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Sunne, there's only one way to "fix" your relationship with your dad, you need to talk to him, and I mean seriously talk to him, about all the things you just said. If you don't, it's just going to keep happening and you're just gonna feel worst and worst about it.

Talk to him, tell him exactly how you feel towards him, and maybe that'll shake him up enough to realize what he's doing to you.

edit: Oh, and whatever you do, DON'T listen to FCC, he's just a crazy commie :happysad:

RageAgainst said:
edit: Oh, and whatever you do, DON'T listen to FCC, he's just a crazy commie :happysad:
She should listen to me, I've given the same advice as you. Which makes you as crazy as me. :happysad:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
I Hate The FCC said:
She should listen to me, I've given the same advice as you. Which makes you as crazy as me. :happysad:
Whatever you say, Karl =P

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
hey you two, get a room!

sunnebunne> Talking to your Dad is the best thing but while he's high, he's not going to listen well. You need to call someone that can help him while he's addicted to drugs. Get him to sober up. THEN talk to him. He may not completely realise he's acting this way when high. Or if he's aware he's acting different he doesn't care because of the drugs. If you do care and you want at least a part of your Dad back, you really do need to call someone about it. A drug rehab place and tell them you are worried he's going to hurt himself. If they don't help, call the police when he's high and doing something he shouldn't do. They'll try to get him into rehab if it's necessary.

I say this only because I don't think he'll listen if you just sit him down and tell him your feelings. It's not that he won't care, but when there's a drug addiction involved, it's more threatening to hear someone say not to take the drug than to say they are mad at him and don't want to see him anymore. Or even that they love him and don't want to see him taking the drugs because you are afraid of what it is doing to him. His next fix is a lot more important to him and that's the physical addiction part of it talking.

when i try to talk to him about anything, he yells at me...i hate being yelled at so i can't stand to talk to him about these things...i've tried and succeeded in talking to him about mostly everything except the meth thing...and that's the one thing that is the most important...I can't seem to get him to listen anymore...even if i KNOW that he isn't high...he just won't listen and i don't know what to do :confused: