Why is the majority of people who were homeschooled such arrogant twits?

StrandedRealist

Fresh Meat
Seriously, most comments from them that I've seen around the internet are some variation of "Look at me and how awesome I am! Don't you wish you were as awesome and cool and so totally not a dork like me?" I mean, well, excuse me for living. Not everyone can have the "cool" kids be impressed by anything we do. Not everyone can have parents who are willing to keep their precious annoying little brats home forever.

And you have some of these people making blog posts and asking why they're all getting so much "hate". Before responding to their commenters saying "I think homeschooling would have a better reputation if we were all humble about it." Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. That's the reason why you people get so much "hate". Because more often than not, you act like you're better than everyone else who do things differently from you. Sometimes they have no choice but to go about it the way their parents say. Seriously! It's not exactly rocket science. Use! Your! God! Damn! Heads!

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
I've never seen any homeschooled person act like that. But I don't know many homeschooled people either.

Templar

One big ray of glorious sunshine.
Seriously, most comments from them that I've seen around the internet are some variation of "Look at me and how awesome I am! Don't you wish you were as awesome and cool and so totally not a dork like me?" I mean, well, excuse me for living. Not everyone can have the "cool" kids be impressed by anything we do. Not everyone can have parents who are willing to keep their precious annoying little brats home forever.

And you have some of these people making blog posts and asking why they're all getting so much "hate". Before responding to their commenters saying "I think homeschooling would have a better reputation if we were all humble about it." Yeah, no shit, Sherlock. That's the reason why you people get so much "hate". Because more often than not, you act like you're better than everyone else who do things differently from you. Sometimes they have no choice but to go about it the way their parents say. Seriously! It's not exactly rocket science. Use! Your! God! Damn! Heads!
I've never seen that. In my experience, most people don't admit they're homeschooled because the mobs will bully them by saying that their parents are first cousins, or they're hicks or religious nuts. I see the "public schooled" more inclined to bully those in private or home schools... not the other way around. Maybe the person that tweaked your nipples was abused by a bunch of asshats and took it out on you? Or did you start something and get your feelings hurt?

StrandedRealist

Fresh Meat
I've never seen that. In my experience, most people don't admit they're homeschooled because the mobs will bully them by saying that their parents are first cousins, or they're hicks or religious nuts. I see the "public schooled" more inclined to bully those in private or home schools... not the other way around. Maybe the person that tweaked your nipples was abused by a bunch of asshats and took it out on you? Or did you start something and get your feelings hurt?
No, I just looked around on the internet, around on sites that I'm not even a part of. If that makes sense.

Templar

No, I just looked around on the internet, around on sites that I'm not even a part of. If that makes sense.
It makes total sense. The Internet turns idiots into philosophers.
If you were a part of an unpopular movement, and the entire world seemingly ridiculed you for doing what you felt was right for your children, and you found a group of likeminded individuals... Wouldn't you stand up and push back in your safety net? It's the same thing any human being who is ostracized does. They try to find their tribe and find safety and comfort in numbers against the mob of drooling morons that harass them.

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
Let's see...
Some homeschooling parents think there's a problem with schools and probably society in general. Apple... Tree. Monkey see, monkey do. It's a learned behavior.

Now, I know many good people who homeschool good kids, but man can they be little weirdos.

• 1Like
Reactions: Templar

Templar

Let's see...
Some homeschooling parents think there's a problem with schools and probably society in general. Apple... Tree. Monkey see, monkey do. It's a learned behavior.

Now, I know many good people who homeschool good kids, but man can they be little weirdos.
I don't think that they're any weirder than the culture in public schooling. Education in our nation has devolved from teaching information that is supposed to help you become a well-rounded, functional person in society to indoctrinating children into the new Orwellian newspeak of the new millennium. It's scary how ingrained the political bs has gotten in public schooling.

Home school parents are usually Christian (or some other devout religious sect) and view the indoctrination of their children into the sickness that is today's society as a problem that they can fix by teaching their own. That makes them 'weird' to those running around in the world we have today. I say if the kids are not being harmed, let them be.

I have yet to meet one homeschooler that was 'the problem' in a beef unless the State or some lobby tried to pull their rights to protect their child from the prescribed brainwashing that is public schools nowadays... and some colleges for that matter!

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I don't think that they're any weirder than the culture in public schooling. Education in our nation has devolved from teaching information that is supposed to help you become a well-rounded, functional person in society to indoctrinating children into the new Orwellian newspeak of the new millennium. It's scary how ingrained the political bs has gotten in public schooling.

Home school parents are usually Christian (or some other devout religious sect) and view the indoctrination of their children into the sickness that is today's society as a problem that they can fix by teaching their own. That makes them 'weird' to those running around in the world we have today. I say if the kids are not being harmed, let them be.

I have yet to meet one homeschooler that was 'the problem' in a beef unless the State or some lobby tried to pull their rights to protect their child from the prescribed brainwashing that is public schools nowadays... and some colleges for that matter!
I'm a Christian and a public school teacher. One of my dearest friends home schooled her kids and those kids were extremely weird until she finally put them in school. Then they had a rough period of adjustment. One of them is still super weird.
You are definitely right that these children aren’t “the problem” though.

Last edited:

Templar

I'm a Christian a public school teacher. One of my dearest friends home schooled her kids and those kids were extremely weird until she finally put them in school. Then they had a rough period of adjustment. One of them is still super weird.
You are definitely right that these children aren’t “the problem” though.
I think weird is a subjective term. What if that was the church environment that they were used to. I don't know the circumstances or your experience with them, but sometimes a different value set or belief system can look weird to the "normal" secular folks in society. I have heard that Catholics are all weirdos and I'm Catholic. To non-Catholics what we do may seem "weird" but it's not weird to us.

That being said. I used to go to a dojo with a couple of kids that were raised in a home-school environment. They were definitely sheltered and a bit more innocent than the "regulars."

• 1Like
Reactions: Jane Deere

Jane Deere

CEO at Janer's Garage
Staff
I think weird is a subjective term. What if that was the church environment that they were used to. I don't know the circumstances or your experience with them, but sometimes a different value set or belief system can look weird to the "normal" secular folks in society. I have heard that Catholics are all weirdos and I'm Catholic. To non-Catholics what we do may seem "weird" but it's not weird to us.

That being said. I used to go to a dojo with a couple of kids that were raised in a home-school environment. They were definitely sheltered and a bit more innocent than the "regulars."
Hmm I think you're quite right about it being am environmental thing, but in this case it was their home environment. Their mom was very similar. We went to the same church then and those kids were definitely a different bunch. However, your posts have been enlightening. Thank you for offering a different point of view!

• 1Like
Reactions: Templar