WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why Kerry?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
So its obvious that on this forum I am in the minority... so what I am wondering is why would someone vote for Kerry?... not why you won't vote for Bush.. not Bush is an idiot... I wanna know what has Kerry done?.. what on his resume makes you think he would be better for this country?... Is there anyone that would vote for Kerry because he is Kerry, and you like where he stands?

(BTW I will be away from WTF :( from Thursday(10/21) till Sunday night or Monday morning.. because of the Reserves... so if you call me out.. I won't be here to answer)

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
I think i speak for most people when i say, it wouldnt matter if it was fucking Oprah, if its not Bush, i'm voting for it. so no, not kerry for kerry....kerry because hes not bush.

tzedek

Original Member
bigck3000 said:
I think i speak for most people when i say, it wouldnt matter if it was fucking Oprah, if its not Bush, i'm voting for it. so no, not kerry for kerry....kerry because hes not bush.
thats pretty much how i feel... I really dont like Kerry that much, other than the fact that i generally trust Democrats more than republicans. Enen though Kerry isnt the best that we could wish for, I do like him more than Bush or Nadar.

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
Most of the people who will vote Kerry are probably inclined to because they're more anti-Bush than pro-Kerry. It's basically an "Anybody But Bush" vote.

something sort of relevant...in the lobby of the dining hall at my college, there was a college republican stand...WTF where are the college democrats? Needless to say, I flashed the big thumbs down :thumbsdn: and made sure my Kerry/Edwards pin was quite visible on my purse. W/E, Repubs. :mfinger: :D

breakology

Kiss my Converse
When I cast my ballot for kerry, it was mostly because I hate almost everything Bush stands for, especially his ties to the oil industry and his propagation of the oil industry in our country in general.
I do think that Kerry will be able to provide more competant leadership to our military than bush, and I believe that he has a greater interest in searching for and supporting research of new, alternitive energy sources.
I'm aware of Kerry's many, many, many faults ... but no one is perfect, and when I stack up the the issues I support, Kerry comes out ahead of Bush on my pro/con list.

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
DanGeo23 said:
So its obvious that on this forum I am in the minority... so what I am wondering is why would someone vote for Kerry?... not why you won't vote for Bush.. not Bush is an idiot... I wanna know what has Kerry done?.. what on his resume makes you think he would be better for this country?... Is there anyone that would vote for Kerry because he is Kerry, and you like where he stands?

(BTW I will be away from WTF :( from Thursday(10/21) till Sunday night or Monday morning.. because of the Reserves... so if you call me out.. I won't be here to answer)
WHAT IS THIS? An original post from DanGeo? I didn't know it was possible.

Where to begin?

Kerry is a polished professional, who knows his way around Washington, not a hayseed from Texas, who has played fast and loose with the budget and American lives.

Kerry can string words together is a cohesive manner.

He uses facts and reason, rather than corny "catch" phrases.

Kerry understands that we can not alienate the world, we NEED them.

Kerry understands the division of Church and State, and uses logic to solves problems instead of what he learned in Sunday school.

And, yes Not being Bush is a real plus.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
From some of the things i have seen, if the Democrats lose this election, then America should ready themselves for a fairly long Republican Government run. It will be a real kick in the teeth for the Democrats to lose, and you'll find that you will have (more) factions breaking off - thus weakening the party as a whole.

If Kerry wins, it'll be the anybody but bush vote that gets him over the line... lets face it: no-one wants a leader who's personal wealth says they should really be a part of the Party they are running against.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
And if Bush wins, the main people who will complain about will be the ones who did'nt vote at all.

thomasca

Clitpickle
swizeguy said:
hehe why kerry? cuz he's not bush!
Er, well to me, that's kinda stupid... I mean, you could grab any bum of the street and vote him in for that reason. (Not that I'm for Bush or anything)

Me, I wouldn't vote for either of them... or just vote for Nader, cause I know that won't go anywhere.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What is Kerry but any bum off the street?

He had a "slim to none" on the political sway rating before he emerged as the top "not Bush" man in the nation. He was the Democrat's bum off the street.

Dean, baby. I loved that guy...

Janglenut

Particinator
"We'll go to OHIO, TO MICHIGAN, TO NEVADA, AAARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA"

With all due honesty, someone please tell me also, why the hell would you vote for Kerry. Kerry is for abortion, against war when it is needed, a flip-flop, (You talk about being a flip-flop, in the same debate Kerry said Iraq was a threat, then later on said it wasn't. Smart man) NOT FOR THE CLASS HE SAYS HE IS FOR, and he "says" he is against outsourcing jobs when him and his wife partly own Heintz ketchup, which is a HUGE leader in outsourcing jobs.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
If kerry gets elected, I'm moving to canada, anyone want to go with me?

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Janglenut said:
"

With all due honesty, someone please tell me also, why the hell would you vote for Kerry. Kerry is for abortion, against war when it is needed
So you want a pro-life, war monger for a president? Nice choice
:thumbsup:

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
okay... so it looks like most on WTF are voting against someone and not voting for someone... its your choice... so if that is how you pick your political canidates then :thumbsup: for you..
bigck said:
kerry because hes not bush.
I really wanted to know what Kerry has done that impresses you...
i generally trust Democrats more than republicans.
in what area do you trust the Dems over the Reps?
...WTF where are the college democrats?
thats odd.. usually people are asking where are the college Republicans.. I guess the college dems at your school had too many commitments... like PETA and shit..
I do think that Kerry will be able to provide more competant leadership to our military
on what basis.... do you think he provided competant leadership when he undermines then job the soldiers are doing... and when he emboldens the enemy with his rhetoric
Kerry comes out ahead of Bush on my pro/con list.
I'd be interested to see that list...
I would respond to the other comments.. however I have to leave for work now...

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I already made it clear that to me he's the lesser of two evils. Not particularly thrilled with him, but Bush is just a complete fucktard.
He, by the way did make it clear that he's not oppose to war as a last resort, when it actually does serve a purpose.

Kerry is for beefing up our domestic security HERE AT HOME; an area where Bush has failed miserably. (compare our security to Europe in the past 30 years).

Wants to lower middle class taxes. Something Bush did not do.

Plans to invest more in alternate fuel cars. Something Bush would never do, due to his ties to the oil industry.

Kerry wants to win back the respect of the international community, that we lost under the Bush administration.

He can actually put more than two words together, and with more than three syllables.
Did I mention?………..He’s not Bush.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
do you think he provided competant leadership when he undermines then job the soldiers are doing... and when he emboldens the enemy with his rhetoric
You are 100% correct in that statement, he did undermine what the soldiers were doing, and what they were doing was commiting war crimes. He spoke out against events he believed to be wrong, he spoke out against actions of others that went against his own moral code. You don't think he new the kind of shit he was going to catch for doing what he did? Rather than suppress his own values to cover for his peers, he actually had the balls to step up and say that what was going on was wrong. I can respect someone who did what they believed to be right, instead of just looking the other way and not making trouble for others he knew were in the wrong.
I really don't want to get into the semantics of where his loyalty is suppose to be, and who or what he was suppose to be supporting. The important aspect of the situation to me, is that he believed something was wrong and he took a stand. He pissed of a lot of people in the process but he still stood strong for what he believed. How many people in politics today have that kind of integrity?

msalyss85

Banned - What an Asshat!
DanGeo23 said:
thats odd.. usually people are asking where are the college Republicans.. I guess the college dems at your school had too many commitments... like PETA and shit..
WTF, PETA sucks. Just because I am a democrat doesn't mean I agree with PETA.

:mfinger: :mfinger: :mfinger: :D
oh yeah and fuck off.