Headlines Why not N. Korea

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
probably been done to death but...why iraq and not n. korea. i just cant seem to wrap my mind around that one...come on Dan...this ones for you. or some one could drop a link, because i'm not just one of the mindless kerry suppporters clinging to little bits of propaganda i honestly want to know

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
bigck3000 said:
probably been done to death but...why iraq and not n. korea. i just cant seem to wrap my mind around that one...come on Dan...this ones for you. or some one could drop a link, because i'm not just one of the mindless kerry suppporters clinging to little bits of propaganda i honestly want to know
because the gov't has no problems with n. korea

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
They threatened us with nuclear weapons.

Oh right... that was before they disarmed completely. My bad.

Reasons we didn't invade North Korea:

Not as good (publicity-wise)

No "Revenge factor" for Dubya

No "crazed mad man" (at least not so far as to take military action... real reason: No Saddam)

Most importantly:

They could actually fight back... with those NUKES of theirs.

tzedek

Original Member
the reason we didnt invade north korea is becuase the guy that is in charge over there is the winner of the asian elvis impersonator contest.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
voiceofreason said:
One reason: THEY HAVE NOTHING WE WANT.

When Korea finds oil, we will "percieve" the threat...
Plus, Korea has a habit of kicking our asses. They know how to fight, and are vicious. Almost everyone has some partaking with thier military. It would be one hell of a fight, and we are spread thin as it is.

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
dustinzgirl said:
Plus, Korea has a habit of kicking our asses. They know how to fight, and are vicious. Almost everyone has some partaking with thier military. It would be one hell of a fight, and we are spread thin as it is.
the U.S. is scared of getting there asses kicked

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i beg to differ...the spread too thin thing maybe but...we would whoop their asses if it wasnt for the possiblity of that whole nuclear holocaust...thing. think about it. they're surrounded; S. korea and japan and our navy (which is available for the most part)...the only shitty thing is what if China decides to back N. Korea. then we'll be in some shit...do i smell....WWIII. keep your eyes peeled kids.

morelos

lexicon incognito
north korea would not use nuclear arms in a fight on their own soil against the US.

moreover, they cannot get nuclear weapons onto US soil, so you can safely assume north korea WOULD NOT USE NUCLEAR WEAPONS in a fight against the US.

what vor said was right (as it was what i had already said and i'm always right).

~ dan ~

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
They can't get nuclear weapons on to U.S. soil?

After you develop nukes, it's a very simple step to a means to launch them at somebody.

morelos

lexicon incognito
honestly, i don't know that north korea has developed its own ICBM.

of course, i don't know they haven't, either, but you'd be SURPRISED how hard it is to get a missile to fly 4,500 miles or more and then hit its target.

~ dan ~

Descent

Hella Constipated
No shit Dan. I highly doubt that North Korea has enough money to design an ICBM.

Have you ever seen how much R&D goes into those things? You are talking about billions of dollars. So all you pro-Bush ass monkeys better shut up, and realize that Iraq and North Korea never had enough money to create these, or the smarts.

Nukes? Most likely. ICBM's? No way in hell.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
jstager said:
No shit Dan. I highly doubt that North Korea has enough money to design an ICBM.

Have you ever seen how much R&D goes into those things? You are talking about billions of dollars. So all you pro-Bush ass monkeys better shut up, and realize that Iraq and North Korea never had enough money to create these, or the smarts.

Nukes? Most likely. ICBM's? No way in hell.
I dont think anyone is able to effectively fire and hit US soil with a nuke. We are a paraonoid country, and have lots of ways to stop that.

Nuke are scary.

Bio warfare scares me to death.

they have the money to make viruses. that scares me. we are very unprepared for a viral, bacterial attacks, and it is possible.

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm not talking about a high-technology, lethally accurate machine. The fact is, the U.S. is so urbanized that anybody could probably launch a nuclear weapon using conventional materials and guidance systems (a missle, just with a lot more fuel), and "ballpark" where they wanted it to hit. If they launched five smaller-grade nukes, then they'd have a huge chance of inflicting major damage.

And even if not much was damaged, they would have a major moral victory. "U.S. Nuked" would be a VERY influential headline. Not only would an attack such as this harm us, it'd most likely scare us in to a treaty.

morelos

lexicon incognito
do you realize how much of the US is NOT covered in high-density urban development?

moreover, it's not just "a lot more fuel" to make an ICBM. a 4500+ mile trip would be VERY difficult to create. moreover, detonation-before-impact, as is reuqired with nukes, would be pretty fucking tough.

~ dan ~