WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Why The Fuck Isn't Pot Legal In The Us?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

badone

Drug Adict
why the fuck isn't pot legal in the US? it's legal almost everywhere else!! WHAT THE FUCK!?!??!?!

badone said:
why the fuck isn't pot legal in the US? it's legal almost everywhere else!! WHAT THE FUCK!?!??!?!
It's a conspiracy made up by the government with the sole purpose of : PISSING YOU OFF! :thumbsup:

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Yeah, right, make it legal. Then it'll be more expensive and filled with all the crap cigarettes have. Judging by the way you just typed, you wouldn't be old enough to buy it anyway.

bnccoder

Postaholic
A joint a day keeps the doctor....what was I saying? Oh ya stoned that's it.

Jung

???
Premium
badone said:
It's NOT legal most other places, you're just ignorant and uninformed. Furthermore, you're obviously too young to even buy it if it were legal here. So why do you even care?

Zoso

Zappafied
pot was almost legalized at one point. in fact, two hours before the vote to legalize it, reports surfaced... as much money as cigarettes cost americans for health care (i.e. Emphysema, Lung cancer, etc... youve seen the ads) it would not be feesable. the average sufferer of a cigarette related illness cannot afford healthcare for it, thus causing hard working americans to have to pay for it. it has been proven that marijuana is more harmful to your health than cigarettes... so WHAT SENSE WOULD IT MAKE TO LEGALIZE IT??!! the problem is, the people who want it legalized are too stoned to rationally think. another problem is 16 year olds who think they are kool to have weed on their avatar and want to be cool b/c they think the whole world would be better if we all just smoked a joint. THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH TODAYS YOUTH!!!!! grow up, and if you decide to smoke pot thats your thing... but as long as it causes the problems it does, it will never be legalized.

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
Zoso said:
pot was almost legalized at one point. in fact, two hours before the vote to legalize it, reports surfaced... as much money as cigarettes cost americans for health care (i.e. Emphysema, Lung cancer, etc... youve seen the ads) it would not be feesable. the average sufferer of a cigarette related illness cannot afford healthcare for it, thus causing hard working americans to have to pay for it. it has been proven that marijuana is more harmful to your health than cigarettes... so WHAT SENSE WOULD IT MAKE TO LEGALIZE IT??!! the problem is, the people who want it legalized are too stoned to rationally think. another problem is 16 year olds who think they are kool to have weed on their avatar and want to be cool b/c they think the whole world would be better if we all just smoked a joint. THIS IS WHATS WRONG WITH TODAYS YOUTH!!!!! grow up, and if you decide to smoke pot thats your thing... but as long as it causes the problems it does, it will never be legalized.
Thank you for saying what was nesecary, and that is very valid point

Easty

Click click boom
badone said:
our country is run by fucking retards.

hove420

the shocka
the only way they will make it legal is throught medical purposes only, then it would be no point in trying to find it anywehre b/c it would be on short supply throught dealers. i recomend you grow and dont tell anyone and keep the crop for yourself.

but..

it would be alot better because we wouldnt have to worry about jail houses being filled with drug dealers and not the real crime comitters, i mean damn what is the harm of smoke a j here and there... nothing.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Just in case you wanted to know.

Argentina (rehabilitation for possession instead of jail or fines)
Australia (possession and consumption of small amounts of marijuana and prescription heroin is legal in Western Australia)
Belgium (you can't sell or carry over 5 grams; can't have more than 1 plant at the time)
Bolivia (possession illegal; no inclination towards legalization)
Brazil (possession illegal; attorney general proposes to end jail and fines, substituting mandatory rehabilitation)
Britain (marijuana is considered a lowest Class C drug; most possessions would be given only a warning)
Bulgaria (as of March 15 2004, a person can't be punished for possession of "single-use" quantities)
Canada (for medical use; fully legal in Ontario)
Chile (possession illegal; some support for decriminalizing, but no formal proposals)
Colombia (small quantities of all drugs legal; permitted dose for marijuana is 20 grams)
Ecuador (possession illegal; no move to decriminalize)
Netherlands (allowed in coffee "smoke" shops)
Paraguay (possession illegal; no move to decriminalize)
Peru (possession of small amounts legal; judges decide what constitutes "personal" amount)
Portugal (possession is legal)
Swizerland (hemp shops sell buds as incense)
Uruguay (possession for personal use not penalized; law does not specify quantity for "personal" amount)
USA (allowed for medical use in: California, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Washington, DC)
Venezuela (possession of up to 20 grams not punished; abusers must go through drug treatment program)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
BklynCannonball said:
Just in case you wanted to know.

USA (allowed for medical use in: California, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Washington, DC)
BULLSHIT. It's not legal in Idaho nor is it legal in DC. California, OREGON and MAYBE Washington. I don't know about Florida or Hawaii.

But given that this info is wrong the rest becomes suspect.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
UberSkippy said:
BULLSHIT. It's not legal in Idaho nor is it legal in DC. California, OREGON and MAYBE Washington. I don't know about Florida or Hawaii.

Take it from my knowledge, I've lived in WA all my life, and I just found out a little bit ago, that its illegal to have on you, but its legal to smoke. You also can't operate a motorvechicle when your stoned.
So basically you can be high in the state of WA, you just can't have shit on you, or be operating a motor vechicle.
It'll be hopefully legal soon around here.

UberSkippy said:

Hey buddy, if you read correctly he clearly states

"allowed for medical use in: California..."

Learn how to read.

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
Myself said:

Learn how to read.
maybe if you had brain cells you'd realize he WAS talking about for medical use.

Jung

???
Premium
Myself said:

Learn how to read.
Maybe if you would do some reading and comprehension yourself, you'd realize that's exactly what he meant.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
Pot isn't legal because the Tobacco and Alchohol folks would lose a lot of business if it wasn't. They have plenty of money to buy votes and ads.

That's about it.

ferengi

Yay fire!
Why do I get the feeling that "badone" is going to be one of those one-post-then-disappear-and-never-bother-coming-back n00b posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.