WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why the Jelousy?

magnolia

Postaholic
A guy that I used to hang out with when I was younger just moved back to the area and I see him all the time. He has a gf now and they seem to really be into each other. Every time I see them I get a surge of jelousy. I don't understand it. Why am I jeleous? I have a wonderful man of my own who dotes on me constantly. So why do I have this envy hangup? I just don't understand it. And the more I try not to have this feeling, the stronger it ends up. help me.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
i think its kind of normal...its that one crush you just cant let go...
i too went through the same deal.... i had the hugest crush on a freshmen when i was a senior ... now that i look back and still think about her...i kinda feel the same way....
hmm..its not jealousy though...it sucks cause i have this really kick ass gf...

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
magnolia said:
A guy that I used to hang out with when I was younger just moved back to the area and I see him all the time. He has a gf now and they seem to really be into each other. Every time I see them I get a surge of jelousy. I don't understand it. Why am I jeleous? I have a wonderful man of my own who dotes on me constantly. So why do I have this envy hangup? I just don't understand it. And the more I try not to have this feeling, the stronger it ends up. help me.
Still have feelings!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
You say "hang out" So, if you weren't going out, then you obviously stronger feelings for him when you were friends back then, Mag's you will be fine honestly, you will realise that it's just the leftover feelings you had back then, The feelings came back after seeing him with someone else, you'll get use to it and you will see how happy you both are without each other.
It will go with time.
This also applies if you did go out with him.

meh_it_all said:
You say "hang out" So, if you weren't going out, then you obviously stronger feelings for him when you were friends back then, Mag's you will be fine honestly, you will realise that it's just the leftover feelings you had back then, The feelings came back after seeing him with someone else, you'll get use to it and you will see how happy you both are without each other.
It will go with time.

I agree, you obviously had feelings for him back in the day that were never taken care of. Now seeing him brings back the feelings you had associated with him before, and never took care of. You're confused about the jealousy, because you didn't ever date him or move past just being friends, it was a crush that maybe was never fully realized and at least never allowed to die.

Or

I truly have no idea sence i don't know your personality, your past, or the kid your getting jealous over.

Try to relax about the issue also, not try to force it to go away. - -;;

PoisonIvy

I hate plants!!
meh_it_all said:
It will go with time.
I agree with meh. If you feel something now then there must have been something there before.
Or the feelings that you didn't realise were there at the time have appeared now that he's back. It could also be the whole case of 'you want what you can't have'. It'll go away eventually, especially considering you are happy with someone. These feelings pop up every now and again. It's just a case of riding it out. Then you'll wonder what you were thinking. Trust me, this is coming from experience.

You jast had feelings for him a while back, and now those feeling are coming back, nothing you can really prevent, feelings are feelings.

angryboy

otter sauce
Rush~ said:
Try to relax about the issue also, not try to force it to go away. - -;;
This part is hard. The first girl I dated as a freshman in highschool, I still cannot get over. I love her so. Every other girl just seems like a distraction. Every relationship seems like a pointless waste of time. A bad try. I would so very much love to rub her out of my mind and life for good, so that I may live without her and her curse.

But, this really is for another topic or something.

For you, I would try and stay busy, and maybe keep distance from the character. I find that the more busy I am, the less time I think I have to worry about pointless drama like my curse and maybe yours. Play music :happysad: