WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Why?

4,149
2
0
#1
I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this, but I've been getting kicked off of the site occasionally. Take today for example. I've had to log in again four or five times, and it's happened several times before that I'll have to log in again at least once. What's going on?
 
7,261
1,803
218
#2
tiger_86 said:
I don't know if anyone else has been experiencing this, but I've been getting kicked off of the site occasionally. Take today for example. I've had to log in again four or five times, and it's happened several times before that I'll have to log in again at least once. What's going on?
I had that problem for a bit too. :happysad:
 
3,050
0
0
#4
ya happened to me as well, whats the difference with logging in there jung?
 
7,261
1,803
218
#5
Nymphchick said:
ya happened to me as well, whats the difference with logging in there jung?
Just shut up, and do as the smart person tells you.

j/k
 

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
9,735
4,272
387
#6
Also, don't forget to check the little 'remember me' box. :thumbsup:
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
2,430
337
#7
you know, if thats the actual reason, they should jump off cliffs......
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,799
5,355
387
#8
tiger86:

1) What browser/version are you using?

2) Exactly what page and area are you logging in and out from where you can reproduce this? If it's the portal for example, are you logging in via the top navbar, or the very first left hand side portal box next to the news?

3) Have you tried clearing all your cookies and your browser cache, closing ALL browser windows. Reload your browser, and see if you can reproduce the problem still?

4) Double check your cookies and privacy settings to make sure you are permitting our site to save cookies on your computer.

Also, make sure you access the site's *forums* url at forums.wtf.com and not www.wtf.com/forums

Report back!
 

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
6,588
2,430
337
#9
after i clean out my cookies, i always log on at the one on the left hand side, ive never had problems
 

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
6,799
5,355
387
#10
Ok cool, thanks Yuck. What browser and version you using out of curiousity?

Works for me to, in both mini box as well as wide navbar.

I usually test all code with Firefox 1.07, IE6.x (Windows), and Firefox 1.5, Safari (Mac) I have not played much with Opera in a while but I'll be adding that to my testbed shortly. I know that our main design is compatible with Opera, however.
 
4,149
2
0
#11
Jason said:
tiger86:

1) What browser/version are you using?

2) Exactly what page and area are you logging in and out from where you can reproduce this? If it's the portal for example, are you logging in via the top navbar, or the very first left hand side portal box next to the news?

3) Have you tried clearing all your cookies and your browser cache, closing ALL browser windows. Reload your browser, and see if you can reproduce the problem still?

4) Double check your cookies and privacy settings to make sure you are permitting our site to save cookies on your computer.

Also, make sure you access the site's *forums* url at forums.wtf.com and not www.wtf.com/forums

Report back!
I use Explorer, and I've been just typing in www.wtf.com and logging in at the top. It doesn't always give me problems to log in there, and before the change it never gave me problems to log in there. My computer does allow cookies on this site. I haven't tried clearing them beforehand, but then there's the fact that the problem occurs even when I'm not using my computer. Also, the Remember Me button is always clicked whenever I log in.