WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Wife Never Wakes Up

I need to know if this is just me or if i'm right about this. First off i'm 22 married(wife's same age) with 2 kids. My wife is a stay at home mom(my kids are 2 and 3). I want her to be up with the kids at 8, but she doesn't get up till 10 or even 10:30. I've tried to be nice with her about it i've tried to yell about it but nothing gets her to get up earlier. She does everything else great keeps the house clean does dishes, laundry, ect. I even get up 1 or 2 days on the weekend(i work 4-12p.m. so its hard to get up that early) to let her get sleep. When i do get up they're out of bed by no later then 8:30. What i need to know is what can i do to get her up when she should be up?

ferengi

Yay fire!
Maybe he wants them used to getting up early for school... or something.

Nycon - get a supersoaker and rig it up to an alarm clock, pointing it straight at her head. That should get her up :D

magnolia

Postaholic
First of all, its not that he's getting the kids up so early. It's that they wake up that early on their own and he's lucky that they sleep that late. Second of all, your wife works hard all day. I work in the toddler room at a daycare and let me tell you, it isn't easy to be with kids that little all day. Just let her sleep. The kids aren't going to get hurt or kill one another. I find that most kids will just turn on the tv or play with their toys quietly in the morning. They may be awake, but that doesn't mean that they're awake. You know. They're still tired and they're just trying to rev up their engines. They need some quiet time. So just gate off the stairs, put safety plugs in the outlets, put locks on the cupboards and put the kinves away and let ur wife sleep. The kids will be ok. She's tired. You just need to stop worrying so much.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
punch her in the face.

heh, but seriously, magnolia made some great points. And if it really becomes an issue, don't beat around the bush. Tell your wife exactly how you feel, and excatly why you need her to be up when the kids are, if in fact the kids are as devilish as i was when i was 3.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
All good points. Although,at two and three years old,children need supervision.
There's no telling what idle minds can do at that age while unattended. Most people that you can consider to be adults do have jobs. Whether it be in or outside of the home. Fact is;being a responsible homebody is tiresome work. It sucks. I work outside the home,I work at the house,and I spend ample time with the family. Oddly enough,I still find the time to piss around here,at WTF.com. In reality,I do geht very tired. That doesn't matter though. When you have children in your life,it's a full time job. Tired or not. I've gone countless nights without adequate sleep because of my son.

It's natural for kids to do their own thing while unattended. Nonetheless,it only takes one time to alter the family life because we didn't think anything would become of it. When the kids are up,it's best to keep some attention trained on them.
You can always catch up on sleep. But,you can't geht back yesterday,should anything happen to them.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i just wanna say, i do not have children but i find it VERY difficult to sleep past 8am never mind 10-10:30am!!!!!! wtf is she up so late for? if you get to bed at a decent time like ummmm 10-11 pm then you ought to be able to get up 8 hours later no problem...unless of course, that is she up waiting for your ass to come home and then stays up to spend some time with you?????

Ok first of all they don't need to be up for anything. I just find it a little odd that the kids are up that early and she gets them out of the bedroom so late. I think they should be up early to prevent the problems i had waking up for school and stuff. If i get up before noon its early for me. But i've always been like that, i want to avoid that problem with them if at all possible.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Lord Nycon said:
I need to know if this is just me or if i'm right about this. First off i'm 22 married(wife's same age) with 2 kids. My wife is a stay at home mom(my kids are 2 and 3). I want her to be up with the kids at 8, but she doesn't get up till 10 or even 10:30. I've tried to be nice with her about it i've tried to yell about it but nothing gets her to get up earlier. She does everything else great keeps the house clean does dishes, laundry, ect. I even get up 1 or 2 days on the weekend(i work 4-12p.m. so its hard to get up that early) to let her get sleep. When i do get up they're out of bed by no later then 8:30. What i need to know is what can i do to get her up when she should be up?
She could be just burnt out and tired. I've taken naps while my kids were young and they just sat and watched cartoons. I dont think that this is an issue, I think that she may be suffering from not enough nutrition, laziness, and even depression, all of which cause sleeping long hours. Try not yelling at her, because as a mother and a wife, that would just make me want to kick you in the fucking head. Ask her what you can do to help her.

gehtfuct said:
All good points. Although,at two and three years old,children need supervision.
There's no telling what idle minds can do at that age while unattended. Most people that you can consider to be adults do have jobs. Whether it be in or outside of the home. Fact is;being a responsible homebody is tiresome work. It sucks. I work outside the home,I work at the house,and I spend ample time with the family. Oddly enough,I still find the time to piss around here,at WTF.com. In reality,I do geht very tired. That doesn't matter though. When you have children in your life,it's a full time job. Tired or not. I've gone countless nights without adequate sleep because of my son.

It's natural for kids to do their own thing while unattended. Nonetheless,it only takes one time to alter the family life because we didn't think anything would become of it. When the kids are up,it's best to keep some attention trained on them.
You can always catch up on sleep. But,you can't geht back yesterday,should anything happen to them.

Agreed.

Plus, at two and three, if you wake up two or three days in a row with all of your shampoos and conditioners poured down the drain, and rubbed on the walls, the argument over who had to clean up the mess isn't the greatest.

I learned after having a child under my wing for three years, that I'll sleep once I'm dead.

I understand your points and I know she has it hard, i wouldn't want her job. But bottom line am i worng for thinking she should get up earlier? oh and by the way she does take naps in the afternoon and then is up till 3, 4 or 5 in the morning.

well just put on cartoons and nap on the couch, of couse after baby proofing the place, my sister was the same. my nephew would climb up and get himself a big ol bottle of chocolate syrup for breaky. i am a single mom, i work shift work like 4-12's as well, i used to put cartoons on for them and nap when they were yuonger