WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Windowblinds

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

i've used this in the past, it's heaps of fun. you can change the appearance of windows much like you can change the appearance of winamp

it comes bundled with a few skins, and you can download thousands of others, you can even make your own with skinstudio

pyrodude

The real man's bitch
Nice find. If only Microsoft did things like this themselves like with media player. Although they would probably charge about £100 for something like that.

Jung

???
Premium
UXthemes are free and do the exact same thing, but they use less system resources. Windowblinds was the way to go before XP, but all it does in XP patch the shell32.dll and apply a UXtheme. I see no point in using it over the free UXtheme patch and UXthemes.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
stardock have got some other products too. iconpackager is one of them. i used it a few years ago and it permanently fucked up the icons on my win 98 system. whatever products they offer, you can pick them all up together in a bundle called "object desktop" which they offer for $49.95, what a ripoff!!!

Jung

???
Premium
I only mentioned free, because the program in question costs money. Whether or not you bought it is irrelevant, and really shouldn't be mentioned here. Bottom line, XP natively supports themes, and I'd rather use it's theming engine than use some program that runs constantly, just to do the same thing. I was just mentioning that for the sake of others though.

I've used Icon Packager for quite some time now, I've yet to have a problem. I'm currently using it at home on my XP box, and my girlfriend uses it on her computer as well.

Descent

Hella Constipated
dookie said:
http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/

i've used this in the past, it's heaps of fun. you can change the appearance of windows much like you can change the appearance of winamp

it comes bundled with a few skins, and you can download thousands of others, you can even make your own with skinstudio
I hate WindowBlinds so much. It pissed off a few of my Direct3D and OpenGL apps when I had my old GeForce4 TI4200. UT99 wouldn't run in either mode without giving a GPF, and I would have to disable WindowBlinds.

I'll personally hold off on 3D accelrated Windows desktops until they work.

Also, Mozilla liked to crash randomly :mad:.