WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Windows 10 fucking sucks

WIndows 8 and 10 suck. I dread the day I'll have to part with my windows 7 laptop. This is from back before windows tried to combine their phone, tablet and computer operating systems into one horrible set up that doesn't really work in any of those applications. I also fear my old version of photoshop won't be compatible with a new operating system. Why does every program now require a monthly subscription to be able to use it? I have enough bills to pay, and I can barely afford those. I'm too poor for this garbage.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
Windows 10 is fucking awesome, it has many features that look back to the old good times, but they're improved.
it sucks that when it updates it takes too much time
Windows 7 is a good boi, but it's over.

CoprophagousCop

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium
Windows 95: :thumbsdn:
Windows NT 4.0: :thumbsup:
Windows 98: :thumbsdn:
Windows 2000::thumbsup:
Windows ME: :thumbsdn:
Windows XP: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I never used Windows Vista, but :thumbsdn:

ThisIsBananas

Nature Owl
Premium
Windows 95: :thumbsup: Major advancement from DOS.

Windows 98: :thumbsup: Didn't have it, but seemed to work well on other people's computers.

Windows XP: :thumbsdn: Windows XP was glitchy and got hacked often. Don't know why it's still being praised as one of the best Windows operating systems.

Windows Vista: :thumbsup: Windows Vista was underrated. It was so advanced that my previous Windows XP computer had trouble using it when I switched the operating system to Windows Vista. I'm sure everybody had this problem, which is why people thought it sucked when it actually didn't.

Windows 7: Meh.

Windows 8: :thumbsdn: I never used it because I didn't want to dumb down my computer and use it like my smartphone.

Windows 10: Meh. It's Windows 7 with an app store, and less compatibility with older programs. Was going to avoid it, but ended up getting it with a new computer.

Last edited:
Here's my Windows ratings
Pre-Windows XP: :sleep::confused: either my memory really sucks or I'm a little too young to remember those operating systems, so I can't really rate this except that it was in the earlier years of the internet and didn't have as much computing power as today - although I do remember AOL and Oregon Trail and typing papers for school (yes, even in grade school)
Windows XP: :thumbsup::thumbsup: Despite it being hackable, I liked it a lot - maybe because I was young enough that I was still fascinated by it
Windows Vista: :confused: If it didn't have so much problems, I'd be thumbing it up as much as XP if not more so
Windows 7: :thumbsup::thumbsup: Improved version of XP and Vista combined
Windows 8: :thumbsdn::thumbsdn: DO NOT (attempt to) make an operating system compatible between different types of hardware - at least without testing it first and confirming it's success prior to the go-live. Just keep them separate and make the apps compatible - or better yet, test it all before you put it out on the market; seems like they pushed it out before it was ready (whether they realized it or not); I personally would prefer they keep it separate. They are different types of hardware for a reason - just because people may buy more smaller devices, doesn't mean the desktops or laptops would/will become obsolete (especially for kids who still need to do school/home-work with them)
Windows 10: :thumbsup: While the graphics (colors and pictures) did (still) seem a little cool, changing it a bit drastically was a little over the top (with the buttons and taskbar); at least they got the Windows brand back on track again from Windows 8

Not sure if I will stick with Windows, as they tend to want to change so much (and some things, not for the better). But the next one should "wow" me. Otherwise, I will permanently stick with Linux. People need to have more control over their devices. And don't include shit that is really unnecessary. I know you're trying to make money, but many people don't have it especially these days. You're likely putting them into debt when you include an attractive "app store" on their devices. If they have no clue what they are doing, then they have no business having them and whatever happens to their devices is deserved (whether good or bad).

ThisIsBananas

Nature Owl
Premium
Not sure if I will stick with Windows, as they tend to want to change so much (and some things, not for the better). But the next one should "wow" me. Otherwise, I will permanently stick with Linux.
Microsoft said Windows 10 will be an ongoing OS that is constantly updated. There will never be another Windows.

I know you're trying to make money, but many people don't have it especially these days. You're likely putting them into debt when you include an attractive "app store" on their devices. If they have no clue what they are doing, then they have no business having them and whatever happens to their devices is deserved (whether good or bad).
It's not Microsoft's fault if people are broke, and spend money they don't have on apps. Microsoft is free to sell programs like every other company that does so.

Jung

???
Premium
I haven't really had any issues with 10. I don't use old programs but I do play a few old games and they all run fine.